It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussing Cultural Marxism and the Reactionary Movements That Oppose It.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I agree with you completely. To even bring up the notion paints one as a reactionary. As some sort of archaic throw back impeding progress. What are your thoughts on the defining features of western culture? Or the thoughts of others. How would people here define western culture?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Thanks for the input greencmp. I was hoping you would be a participant.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Do you watch videos by chance? There were some included in the thread which I would recommend watching. I am not trying to be rude but of what value was your comment to the discussion? To deride the wording of my query?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

O.K., well.............guess I'll have to read on and study your OP some more; I must be missing something. I didn't see anything about "racist rhetoric and movements". But.........I don't see any possible way to stop the Global Marxist development. Its pretty much baked into the cake from what I've seen.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Everything you said in the OP is DEAD on.

Amen

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I agree. They have about 60 years of reeducating/indoctrinating the public so things may be too far gone at this point. I don't think so though. I myself was a member of the Young Communist League and now I am staunchly anti-communist. People can change.

The racist reactionary stuff is pretty rampant when you investigate claims of cultural Marxism. I am not going to link to anything here but you will find a lot of white nationalist and racist groups also promote the information.

It is not just limited to whites though. I will search and try to find some of the other videos I came across of black anti-cultural marxist and how they feel that intermarriage/race mixing is being done to divest them of their ethnicity and culture.

Here is 4 minute a clip of on old BBC interview with Muhammad Ali. Here is how we can see what I am talking about. He is raising the same issues that some of the white reactionaries are having. He sees it as a cultural corruption. Ali has been controversial for some of his "racist" remarks and affiliation and people have different opinions of him based on those views but it also shows that whites are not the only victims.

Here is a clip of John Cleese that kind of illustrates more of this. This feeling of cultural displacement.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Cultural Marxism is spinning the world out of control. The United States is declining gradually in overall quality more and more and European nations are descending into a nightmare.

The dangerous thing about the Neo-Left is that it teaches "minorities" that the Rich are the enemy, the White man is racist and suspect, foreign nationals flooding the borders is okay or not that bad.

And the predominantly "White" or European derived cultures decline, and the "minorities" in their borders hop on the wagon and promote it's decline, while ignoring the fact that THEY are in the MIDDLE of the decline.

It's hammered over and over again in Academia to where young college aged people are in a trance and are some of the most ignorant class of people I've seen. They don't want to just bring down the power structure, they appear to cheer the potential collapse of the structure PERIOD. No matter how much the evidence tells them otherwise.

So the entire "West" is now captive to groups of people basing decisions on nostalgia and emotion, rather than logic.

More poverty, more division, more identity politics, more bully tactics, more waves of immigration, more animosity between the genders, more addiction, more anger....and we're supposed to just sit back and take it.

Separate us, make us angry, cry foul when anger comes out, call everyone a "racist", attack attack attack...chip away at any fabric that's left in society.

We're being steamrolled.
edit on 9-2-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The point is that the people protesting are reacting to a perceived greater cultural threat and they feel targeted.

There was/is no rationale at all behind their protest, cultural diffusion's occur and for those who take issue with it have an aversion to change. They just have to deal with it. Fighting back would be futile,I specifically refer to the indigenous Americans cultural genocide. But I guess that was completely justified... /Sarc/

If multiculturalism was simply the result of globalization shouldn't Japan appear similar to the US?

Japan is considered a western country.
During the Meiji restoration much of japan adopted western cultural practices and ideals, including but not limited to changes in political and military structure. Of course there was dissent from the traditionalist who struck back with rebellions like Satsuma which ultimately failed. Much of these reforms were caused by...wait for it... Economic integration and cultural globalization with the Europeans and the Americas.

edit on 9-2-2016 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I thought George Bush and his goon squad of Neo-Con chicken hawks were bad. Society now under the Neo-Marxists is appalling to see. They're the most passive aggressive antagonistic bullies I've ever known. They chip away at you bit by bit, tell you you're the bully, degrade the conversation, spin, lie, and the whole time they make themselves look "chic" while doing it.

It's the most pathetic Cult of Personality I have ever witnessed. And they smile while it all goes to Hell and smugly stand there so proud of themselves while their own lives are at risk.

But hey I hear Bernie Sanders is gonna change ALLLLLL of that.

Robots

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Because you don't see or understand it doesn't make it invalid. Recently I was talking to a friend. We were talking about Aziz Ansari and his remarks about being disappointed when he found out that Fischer Stevens who portrayed an Indian scientist in the film Short Circuit was actually a white man. He was lamenting the lack of Indians in essential roles in western films. Then the thought struck me that his feelings and perceptions are not wrong but they are not focused where they should be. If I was a white growing up in Mumbai I would feel disparaged by the lack of Westerners or whites in Bollywood productions but that doesn't mean that Bollywood or Indian society should change to accommodate my minority view.

As far as Japan look at the demographics.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
A summary of Critical Theory from the full length film posted on the first page.

Here is Max Horkheimer a member of the Frankfurt School explaining critical theory and its relation to Marx.

edit on 9-2-2016 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I thought too that Japan would be a welcomed Demographic, and that they were already "Western" in culture.

I was wrong. A lot of them are here in Los Angeles and a lot flooded in after the Japan Earthquake. They were here in bigger numbers in the 1980s and they basically assimilated more back then. Not so much now. They huddle in their own neighborhoods and deal with their own. Very insulated. Nice group of people. Many family friends are Japanese. Great addition to the U.S., but the new arrivals are behind the curve on becoming "American".

The older Japanese are Americanized, they're mellow and mostly really nice people. Bay Area Asians of all nationalities are assimilated.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Because you don't see or understand it doesn't make it invalid.

No I understand their "grievance" I just find it petty and down right childish.

If I was a white growing up in Mumbai I would feel disparaged by the lack of Westerners or whites in Bollywood productions but that doesn't mean that Bollywood or Indian society should change to accommodate my minority view.

Your anecdote has no merit, People with similar perceptions as your friend are appealing to their base emotions and this is not in line with facts,logic or reality even. People's feelings are completely irrelevant.
If this is such an issue what is YOUR solution to the issue of Multiculturalism?

As far as Japan look at the demographics.

What exactly am I looking for? Care to elaborate for me please.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

There was/is no rationale at all behind their protest, cultural diffusion's occur and for those who take issue with it have an aversion to change.

How quaint, simple, dismissive, and wholly MARXIST of you.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't have any answers except to say - you can't unring a bell so the common denominators have to be inclusive. But countries and Western culture in general shouldn't be forced to abandon their cultural hallmarks or those idiosyncrasies that make them special or unique.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Well this is not a jab at you but the irony of your statement is reinforced by the use of an avatar that is based on cultural appropriation.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
a reply to: DJW001

You missed the point. This isnt about economics. The theorist realized that western culture is the obstacle to their vision of a classless society. You mention balkanization of progressivism. The goal isnt progressivism that is far too mild. So it is not important to achieve yours or progressives vision of society according to these theorist. Progressives are the current useful idiots. They seemingly don't recognize that in their strides for unity and social equality that they are creating further division. The next batch of useful idiots are the people being co-opted when researching this and the reactionaries.

Then what is their ultimate goal? A classless society? If that were achieved they would lose their elite status, would they not?

I have suggested that the concept of "cultural Marxism" has been developed by reactionaries to justify their opposition to creating a less stratified society. Just invoking the name of Marx is designed to raise red flags, pun intended. Although the inspiration for the current cacophony of groups vying for victimhood came out of Marxist theory, it was the introduction of the Structuralists, who were rebelling against the Marxist orthodoxy of the French intellectual establishment, that is the immediate cause. "Cultural Marxism" is just a label designed to justify resistance to social change.

Who do you believe is "really" orchestrating all these diverse social movements? What is their ultimate goal? Who are these idiots of use to?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Except for Marx and Engels themselves wrote about and condoned through derivative theory, these very THINGS we're discussing.

And almost every single Marxist philosopher, student, theorist, government..has built up through the decades what is now known as "Cultural Marxism". It isn't some word from 'reactionaries'. It's a descriptor of Marxist principles, that of the collective, State, 'working class', "Academia"...at work in SOCIETY.

I can actually think of no more apt term than "Cultural Marxism"...minus the economics aspect.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You should watch the last clip I posted from one of the founders of the Frankfurt school. He invokes Marx in the discussion of critical theory.

As far as "who" well that is how some are drawn into racist movements. Some proponents point to the Jewish or Zionist connections. I think that is just one layer of it. The end result is the destruction of modern society and the reformulation of one based on Marxist principals. This will be overseen by a new elite the technocrats.

You are tied up with how the interest of one group which appear antithetical to another can be used to bring about a result that isn't beneficial or desirable for one of the groups. Neither of those groups are the goal in so much as they are needed to cancel each other out. They are just wedges used to insert a need for Marxist theory.

I have to ask at this point if you have watched any of the clips presented. I feel you are missing a bit if you have not.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

How is it Ironic? I'm not against multiculturalism or cultural appropriation.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join