It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On screen keyboard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Is there a free small on screen keyboard out there somewhere that consists only of arrow buttons, space bar and enter key. Something that is customisable to those sorts of functions anyway.

I work with my mouse whenever I can because sitting back in a reclining chair can making using a keyboard a little difficult.

just wondering

thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
For free i doubt it.

The API for the virtual keyboard from a quick look is rather meh, its probably doable but i'd be looking at places that support disabilities as those are the sort of places which will build the right stuff and probably make it adjustable enough to be able to fit the changing needs.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
If you own a smartphone, look up Roccat's Power-Grid.

You can configure your ipad/iphone/whatever as a remote control, with macro-function or self-designed buttons (cursor, tab, enter? why not?).

I like it

Edit: oh, and it's free!
edit on 9 2 2016 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I use my 55" HD TV for the internet while sitting in my recliner.Use laptop and tablet into HD TV input.

The ltop and tablet is my keyboard....and everything shows huge as like on computer.

Also, my phone(cheap smart one) can broadcast to TV via chrome cast. And I don't need chrome to use.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

*(Duplicate thread deleted)
edit on 9-2-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

there are plenty of wireless keyboards on the market for cheap, try one of them from your recliner, most of them only need a usb port to plug the IR Receiver into, some run on replaceable batteries others need to be plugged in to charge every once in awhile,

i have a wireless mouse from logitech that i can use from my couch 15 feet from my pc.

also, windows does come with its own on screen keyboard installed, just type the word keyboard into your start menu it'll be in the list.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I use my 55" HD TV for the internet while sitting in my recliner.Use laptop and tablet into HD TV input.

The ltop and tablet is my keyboard....and everything shows huge as like on computer.

Also, my phone(cheap smart one) can broadcast to TV via chrome cast. And I don't need chrome to use.

What language are you talking there, Englsih?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Thanks people, some good ideas there. Got an idea I'm bit backward with techo stuff?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Um...English. What part of what I described did you not understand? I can break it down a bit more simply if you'd like.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Um...English. What part of what I described did you not understand? I can break it down a bit more simply if you'd like.

Na, its just all the techo stuff I don't understand. I struggle to keep up my PC going let alone keep up with all the techo terminology and devices of today. It all goes right over my head.

top topics

join