It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans Phantomism - pulling back the vale...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I knwo what you're saying but again I said "some labels apply, others perhaps should not apply". So for example you might be a man and you are a human and you are on earth. But are you adhd? Do you have diabities? Are you overweight? Are you a sportfan? No not at all. But someone sure has labeled you as one, and or you've taken the liberty unknowingly to label yourself as that. The other thing is these labels lock us into patterns of thinking and behaving. They can so easily sabatoge our freedom.
edit on 9-2-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

No. I am not talking about practicality in the least.

I define what the word Peter means in the context of its use as my designation. Others are imprinted by my psychology, my morality, my honour, my conduct, and associate these things with the name I carry. In that way, I define what my name means. It has descriptive value. Let us say, that two of my friends are conversing alone, on the subject of some other person, and one of them is desperately trying to describe this other person. If one of them says to the other "He's a lot like Peter.", that says things about that other person, without the necessity to say anything more detailed or nuanced, because there is an awful lot of context specific information stored in that name, that only associates of mine would be able to decipher.

I define the meaning of the word as it applies to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
a reply to: TrueBrit

But calling you Peter is not an attempt to define you. You are not a "peter", this makes no sense, just like a chair is not a "chair". The words are not the things that they are meant to represent. Words are just a classification, a map of the territory, and the map cannot have the same level of detail or resolution as the territory it represents, otherwise the map would become the territory, there would no difference between the model/map and the real thing.

You are talking about the practical advantage of calling you Peter, that's an entirely different matter.

TrueBrit....gosseyn.....

Why not use an example like someone labeling you as: ADHD or Diabetic, or someone with high blood pressure or colestoral, or something other than a name. That's where you get into this whole realm of false labels. Because you're actually not any of that. Someone has made up a system, with a metrix and then sized you up and told you that according to their metrix you are X. And then you might even believe it. That's teh kind of bs that people are dealing with everyday and don't even know it. They're in such a zombie like state that it's so easy to fall victim to these types of stupid arbitrary labels. Why is that necessary? that robs your freedom because you're forced to go alone with what the system is now telling you is "reality"
edit on 9-2-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

so is you or your child ADHA because a dr has labeled them as such?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: gosseyn

No. I am not talking about practicality in the least.

I define what the word Peter means in the context of its use as my designation. Others are imprinted by my psychology, my morality, my honour, my conduct, and associate these things with the name I carry. In that way, I define what my name means. It has descriptive value. Let us say, that two of my friends are conversing alone, on the subject of some other person, and one of them is desperately trying to describe this other person. If one of them says to the other "He's a lot like Peter.", that says things about that other person, without the necessity to say anything more detailed or nuanced, because there is an awful lot of context specific information stored in that name, that only associates of mine would be able to decipher.

I define the meaning of the word as it applies to me.

You are exactly talking about practicality and you don't even realise it. They use your name because it is easier and you are maybe the only Peter they know. They are not going to say "he's a lot like the guy we've both met 10 years ago who has long hair and never stops drinking beer". That's practicality.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

If I had it then I wouldn't be labeled with it, I would have it.

Its a condition with word attributed to it which is used to describe said condition.

Like I said all labels are as much true/untrue as any other.

Its the labels used to divide, incite fear and violence that hold the most untruth, labels used for diseases not much so, they help more than they do harm.

I agree with being human from earth, I agree with believing in a creator/God/architect of the universe.

What I dont agree with is saying you Are American, you are a Christian etc etc which as history has shown are the main labels for division. nationality and religion are used to manipulated people into a divide and conquer mind set for anyone with the ability to use the tools available to divide people.

Although more and more I'm sort of waking up, at least I hope.

No with this sort of thinking

ya but you're saying "people aren't sheep", when infact most "are". It's less than 1% that think even a little outside the box like people who say come on here and talk about crap. Everyone else is a bonnified certified zombie.

You have just fallen the alternate media brainwashing machine.

You cant say most are because you dont know most people on such a personal level.

I agree many if not all people have times of a heard like perspective and do things that might make seem zombie like but people change every day.

Thinking outside the box is not what you are doing trying to label 'most people', thats as close minded as one could get in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

a reply to: RAY1990

I knwo what you're saying but again I said "some labels apply, others perhaps should not apply". So for example you might be a man and you are a human and you are on earth. But are you adhd? Do you have diabities? Are you overweight? Are you a sportfan? No not at all. But someone sure has labeled you as one, and or you've taken the liberty unknowingly to label yourself as that. The other thing is these labels lock us into patterns of thinking and behaving. They can so easily sabatoge our freedom.

In most first world nations people enjoy the security of not being labelled if said label is discriminatory. For instance being told you are overweight would usually be discriminating since it can be found as quite offensive in most circumstances. Obviously what counts as discrimination will differ from place to place but in general we do actually live with decent liberty and freedom in most walks of life in first world countries.

I do get what you mean though, for instance classifying nations into groups depending on their class in the world and ability is a bit shameful... Mainly because more needs to be done for equality but alas it is a generally accepted classification for countries.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn Most names do have a meaning. Peter means stone. Maybe the first person who was ever called Peter was meant to represent that the person called Peter had ethics or morals that were rock solid or the person named Peter was set in his ways and solid like a stone.
An argument could be that today names aren't given to people to represent the way that they are, but names do have meanings. I just think that originally, names were given most times to describe a person.
We may not be our names but it helps to have one in order to recognize when someone else is addressing you. It's nicer than, ''hey you'' or ''you there'.'
Also, sometimes I wonder how different a person would be if they were given a different name, names do make a difference in how we go through life and many people change their names because of this.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

If I had it then I wouldn't be labeled with it, I would have it.

Its a condition with word attributed to it which is used to describe said condition.

Like I said all labels are as much true/untrue as any other.

Its the labels used to divide, incite fear and violence that hold the most untruth, labels used for diseases not much so, they help more than they do harm.

I agree with being human from earth, I agree with believing in a creator/God/architect of the universe.

What I dont agree with is saying you Are American, you are a Christian etc etc which as history has shown are the main labels for division. nationality and religion are used to manipulated people into a divide and conquer mind set for anyone with the ability to use the tools available to divide people.

Although more and more I'm sort of waking up, at least I hope.

No with this sort of thinking

ya but you're saying "people aren't sheep", when infact most "are". It's less than 1% that think even a little outside the box like people who say come on here and talk about crap. Everyone else is a bonnified certified zombie.

You have just fallen the alternate media brainwashing machine.

You cant say most are because you dont know most people on such a personal level.

I agree many if not all people have times of a heard like perspective and do things that might make seem zombie like but people change every day.

Thinking outside the box is not what you are doing trying to label 'most people', thats as close minded as one could get in my opinion.

You actually prove my point. You say "It's a condition". That's what I'm talking about. People believeing in these labels floating around out there that tptb have told you are "reality". When they're not. Someone has developed this "thing". It could be like you say a condition, or a way of thinking or whatever, and now all of a sudden you're X. But X is completely fake. There is no X. It's been developed by tptb to get you or your kid on drugs or enslave them in some other way. It's really sad.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Trust me, like less than 1 in 100 that I talk to think even remotely outside the box. And if they do perhaps they just have a bit of creativity. Most don't have a clue about how anything really works. Their version of how things work is alway the common main stream narrorative. Which much of that is a form of deception desighted to brainwash and enslave people.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

People believeing in these labels floating around out there that tptb have told you are "reality".

So a person that dies of dies of cancer doesn't and isn't dead?

You actually prove my point.

What is your point that the only real thing is we are human and on earth?

You are making no point, you might think you are but you are not coming across as saying anything that has any meaning,

'X is fake and its sad.'

I say.... yes, and?

Doctors are fake and you wont go see one unless to break a bone, why? they are fake, your bone is fake,

a bone is just a label for a part of your body, your body is fake because its just a label used to describe.

You make no point to be proven or disproven, who can your point be, 'point' is a just a label to express your view.

View is just label. everything is just label like human, planet and earth.

Trust me, like less than 1 in 100 that I talk to think even remotely outside the box.

Sorry but its you that is stuck in a box that cannot see the outside world.

An out of the box thinking person wouldn't ask how to find a job or loose some weight.

they wouldn't say its too hard to find a job.

What is thinking out of the box to you?

Do you think outside the box when you ask ATS some things that you have or do you ask this and claim other dont because you know what being stuck in a box is and dont know how to think beyond the boundaries of the box?

Being into conspiracies and paranormal stuff isn't thinking outside the box, its just encapsulating yourself into another box.

Most don't have a clue about how anything really works.

Yes ATS is great example to find evidence of this.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Trust me, like less than 1 in 100 that I talk to think even remotely outside the box.

No I trust my experiences with the 100 in 100 people that I interact with, can and do think outside the box but at other times dont.

Other people arent as 1 dimensional as you perceive them,

humans are diverse in their thoughts and actions, the moments or words shared between you and another might make them seem like a brainwashed zombie, but you are only fooling yourself thinking you say this is what this person is or this is how this person thinks.

The more you try too explain things the greater the walls of the box stuck become visible to readers.

You wont break down the walls by saying its too hard or others are the cause of this or that or others are this or that.

all that does is adds bricks to the wall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join