It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OPEC strikes back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
No Iraq at OPEC Until U.S. Leaves Baghdad

By Richard Mably and Peg Mackey
DOHA (Reuters) - OPEC cannot permit Iraq to attend meetings of the cartel while Baghdad remains under the rule of an occupying U.S.-led authority, oil ministers said on Wednesday.

"We cannot have relations with Iraq until there is an internationally recognized government, that is a consensus," said Venezuelan Oil Minister Rafael Ramirez.

"This does not mean we do not want Iraq in the organization. We do want Iraq in OPEC and we think Iraq will want to stay in OPEC because they will need a reasonable price for oil," he said.

Ministers said the position, agreed during a ministerial meeting on Wednesday, was common to all international organizations that hold diplomatic status.

www.reuters.com...

OPEC is responding to the US position in a negative fashion... My prediction is that all OPEC nations will band together and attempt to vote to change the oil standard to the Euro... which will lead to open warfare between the US and most if not all OPEC nations.

There is also a high likelihood that "terrorist" activities will commense very quickly, giving us "legitimate" reason for such warfare. (Read into that what you will)

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   

OPEC is responding to the US position in a negative fashion... My prediction is that all OPEC nations will band together and attempt to vote to change the oil standard to the Euro... which will lead to open warfare between the US and most if not all OPEC nations.

There is also a high likelihood that "terrorist" activities will commense very quickly, giving us "legitimate" reason for such warfare. (Read into that what you will)

I agree. This was the whole reason for the Iraq War in the first place.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There has been a rumor that the main reason for the war was indeed because the oil standard was going to the Euro. Seeing the strength of this currency vs. the dollar it seems likley. This would leave an awful lot of U.S dollars lying around and devalue it.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i hadnt only agreed because i wish this is what most other people would read.

top topics

join