It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Really, Really Hate The Government

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
The elite are playing with fire this election. If they force a candidate down our throats despite an overwhelming popular vote to the contrary, they'll really set things alight. People are too pissed off right now to be doing that.

Their best bet is to put Trump in power and hope that since he benefits from most of the same things they do, he doesn't fudge it up too bad, I mean he is one of them.

Best bet for them, accept the nomination of both Trump and Bernie, then screw Bernie over in a believable way to get Trump in. For them Trump is the lesser of two evils.

Since Trump is one of them they'll have less to fear and can pretend we got a win to quiet us down for a bit cause we're stupid like that.

For all of the reasons I believe Bernie is not electable, Trump would be the worst one to send against him. His racist, mysoginistic, homophobe message does not resonate among young voters. Trump would have his ass handed to him against Bernie.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: NewzNose

The government is The UNITED STATES, INC. or THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, INC., both corporation,s, both bankrupt, both controlled by the British Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, all trying like hell to save the fiat currency dollar.

The organic nationalists are people representing the united States of America.

I agree with you, and we lost this country in 1913 when Woodrow Wilson signed in the Fed Reserve act. We have been ruled under the British Monarchy ever since.

Bring legitimate proof to the table. I repeat legitimate, not some WND BS.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: spinalremain

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed
'We hate the government ... so let's make it bigger and give it more money!" - Sanders supporter logic

No.

Sanders wants to take from the defense budget, and reduce waste. He wants corporations to pay more than zero percent in taxes. All you have to do is listen to him.

If you pay 30% in taxes, why are you favoring corporations paying next to nothing? Why are you ok with that? Why are you ok with the poor and middle class always having to pay for the defense budget when corporations get subsidies?

Why do you love corporate welfare when we citizens must make up for it?

You laugh and misunderstand Bernie's logic when your own leads to things like 2008 and the economy crumbling.

Its easy to say Bernie wants to take your money and give it to some Poor lazy guy, but you know that isn't true. You've just been tricked into loving the banks and supporting their welfare.

Basically because the Republicans are convinced that Corporations are people too, not only are they people, they shouldn't have to pay taxes, because republicans shouldn't have to pay taxes.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It's been headed in the wrong direction for more than four decades.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Please just make crap up to fit your perception of things.

You do understand that Obama's corporate cronies don't pay any taxes now? Right?

What Republicans want is a lower rate in a simplified code that makes it impossible for anyone to dodge their obligation and simultaneously make the burden low enough that companies won't flee to avoid the burden.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You do understand that Obama's corporate cronies don't pay any taxes now? Right?

What Republicans want is a lower rate in a simplified code that makes it impossible for anyone to dodge their obligation and simultaneously make the burden low enough that companies won't flee to avoid the burden.

You do realize that most of the biggest corps in the US pay no taxes. US corps flee the US to pay 2 bucks an hour for labor rather than deal with the unions. Please do not bring ignorant arguments to the discussion. I do taxes for a living, and have yet to see a corp pay taxes.

I would love to see the Cock Brothers tax returns, would bet none of those bastards have paid any taxes in years, same with Trump and his buddies.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
polls are stupid. especially online polls where people log on just to complain about liberals or post their conspiracies. meanwhile they provide nothing of benefit, have no clue how a government works, and aren't happy unless things are going their way. any poll that comes from the internet is about as beneficial as reading youtube comments.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The largest tax burden I see placed on small business is by the state and local government, the feds really don't touch those guys. Especially in KS, I have a client, that make a couple of mil a year in KS, and because of Brownstain, he pays no taxes in KS.

The problem with this, KS is going broke, while my client lives in MO and pays taxes there. On 2 mil, he pays no taxes to the state of KS, and Brownstain seems to think that is fair and will grow business. Problem being, there isn't any business growth in KS. School districts are going broke, but that is ok, because the republicans in KS all want to educate their children at home. The state average IQ is probably about 80.
edit on 2/9/2016 by BubbaJoe because: needed to be

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed
'We hate the government ... so let's make it bigger and give it more money!" - Sanders supporter logic

"We hate the government ... so let's spend our lives arguing over who's gonna be the head of this thing we hate so much, hopefully it'll be our guy so we can defend him for inevitably being a dip#, but hey he was our guy so what can ya do? Just lucky for us it wasn't that other asshole that won EYYYYYY Am i right?" American voter logic.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: ketsuko

You do realize that most of the biggest corps in the US pay no taxes. US corps flee the US to pay 2 bucks an hour for labor rather than deal with the unions. Please do not bring ignorant arguments to the discussion. I do taxes for a living, and have yet to see a corp pay taxes.

I would love to see the Cock Brothers tax returns, would bet none of those bastards have paid any taxes in years, same with Trump and his buddies.

I know this is a conspiracy web site but come on!

Bernie is running on just that! Conspiracy.

He thinks the USA is run by a few wealthy people.

Just listen to his acceptance speech.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

it is, why did a lot of people lose their homes when the banks crashed the economy? why are jobs being outsourced to 3rd world countries where labor is dirt cheap? who is benefiting the most from our social structure, the super wealthy or the working class?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders have all been beneficiaries of the overwhelming disgust that the American people feel regarding what has been going on in Washington.

Obama triumphed on the same wave of disgust. Remember change we could believe in?

Change from endless war and mounting debt.

Which candidate is promising to curtail either this time around?

Oh…

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The difference between Obama and Bernie is Obama accepted corporate bribes and thus was beholden to them, and Obama made false promises, where as Bernie has told us what he will try to do, while needing us to continue the fight to make it possible by electing the right representatives in. Sanders has been consistent for his whole political career.

Obama was half-assed bull# lies while licking the hands of his corporate masters.

Comparing Bernie to Obama's hope and change is not even close of a comparison.

Bernie isn't promising hope and change, he's calling for a full on political revolution.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Comparing Bernie to Obama's hope and change is not even close of a comparison.

Really? They all promise nearly the same things before they get elected.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Seriously your basing it on a slogan which is nothing more than a common saying, and ignoring everything else that makes them different?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Americans Really, Really Hate The Government

Americans were never meant to 'like' their government.

The problem is the 'mob' has been brainwashed in to thinking they 'need' it.

Which they don't.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Seriously your basing it on a slogan which is nothing more than a common saying, and ignoring everything else that makes them different?

You focus on the candidates, the direction the country is heading hasn't / isn't going to change because someone new gets 'selected'.

Are you in denial or just willfully blind?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join