It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Really, Really Hate The Government

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I can't help but think that the establishment saying they don't like Trump is a smoke screen to get people to vote for him. If he's not establishment and really plans on changing things then he will be killed before he gets into office.

They know people don't trust the government so they put in a Trojan horse and talk crap about him so that the people believe in the Trojan horse. Trump is establishment in my opinion, they're just acting like he's not.

I feel the same way about Cruz. His wife worked for Goldman Sachs, after all, and he failed to disclose two loans from Goldman Sachs. To me, he's in bed with the bankers and don't they rule the world?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

They're all establishment, otherwise they wouldn't be where they are right now. In order to make it in politics you have to be willing to toe the line, accept bribes, and lie your way to the top.

The only one that I think MAY be an exception is Sanders, but even he is a career politician and can't be trusted.
edit on 2/9/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

It's the 1000's of lying cheating worthless scum working in DC that we hate.

Notice the more we see the politicians for who they are, the more violent
the police are becoming? And the more hate for our way of gov.becomes
prominent. The trust of gov. is at an all time low and police brutality is
at an all time high. If Hillary wins the selection, brutality will go thru the
roof. We may even see a return to human sacrifice.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The elite are playing with fire this election. If they force a candidate down our throats despite an overwhelming popular vote to the contrary, they'll really set things alight. People are too pissed off right now to be doing that.

Their best bet is to put Trump in power and hope that since he benefits from most of the same things they do, he doesn't fudge it up too bad, I mean he is one of them.

Best bet for them, accept the nomination of both Trump and Bernie, then screw Bernie over in a believable way to get Trump in. For them Trump is the lesser of two evils.

Since Trump is one of them they'll have less to fear and can pretend we got a win to quiet us down for a bit cause we're stupid like that.
edit on 2/9/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
The elite are playing with fire this election. If they force a candidate down our throats despite an overwhelming popular vote to the contrary, they'll really set things alight. People are too pissed off right now to be doing that.

Their best bet is to put Trump in power and hope that since he benefits from most of the same things they do, he doesn't fudge it up too bad, I mean he is one of them.

Best bet for them, accept the nomination of both Trump and Bernie, then screw Bernie over in a believable way to get Trump in. For them Trump is the lesser of two evils.

Since Trump is one of them they'll have less to fear and can pretend we got a win to quiet us down for a bit cause we're stupid like that.

So true. They know the power is with we the people because of our vote. Do people believe the Super Pac people are gambling with money? They are buying our votes through mind and psychological manipulation. Unlike their supporters, they do believe in science. The latest mind control is convincing people their vote is worthless so they will give it away. The real crazy manipulation is this land grab to take from the poor and give more to the rich, including safe water.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Worst thing they could do is force Bush or Clinton or even worse both down our throats if we don't vote for them. If they do that, there will be an awakening like you wouldn't believe. I thought these guys were supposed to be smart, but every time I think that, they show no sign of being capable of truly biting the bullet now and then to maintain a reasonable balance.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
It really doesn't matter. Our choice have zero effect on what will be. I refuse to play the game any longer.

I agree 100%...

We all remember what happened the last time a good man got elected into office...

The same thing that happened to every other person who had the ability to change the world.

In fact, all four presidents who tried to end the banking monopolies were assassinated.

For those who think things are any different now: Suspicious Death Lists - Body Counts

Our 'Gubmint' has become the worlds biggest organized crime mob and voting only gives them consent to tyranny.

TPTB's grip on the entire world is far too strong for elections to change any thing.

Voting for one of two parties every election is the definition of insanity.

Benjamin Disraeli was right: "governments do not govern..."

The most common activist strategies, such as street demonstrations, protests, etc., rarely seem to bring about any change in government. There is only one nonviolent tactic that has been proven to work. Boycotting elections alone will not oust the oligarchy, but it is the only proven non-violent way to delegitimize a government.

If granting your consent of the governed to people you can't hold accountable has resulted in government operating on behalf of big corporations and the wealthy instead of on behalf of the people, do you really want to keep doing it? Some say that Einstein defined insanity as repeating the same experiment over and over and expecting different results.

Consent to Tyranny: Voting in the USA

The voters who put Barack Obama in office expected some big changes. But six years into his administration, the Obama version of national security looks almost indistinguishable from the one he inherited. The presidency itself is not a top-down institution, as many people in the public believe, headed by a president who gives orders and causes the bureaucracy to click its heels and salute. National security policy actually bubbles up from within the bureaucracy.

Vote all you want. The secret government won’t change

edit on Feb000000Tue, 09 Feb 2016 12:01:09 -060012pm29Tue, 09 Feb 2016 12:01:09 -060020160109 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
The 28% all make more than 100k a year everyone else is poor.

I'm poor and part of that 28%, I just have some perspective on things. The US government moves slowly but when you step back and look at 10 and 20 year trends rather than getting caught up in the trivial issues of the day that everyone loses their minds over you can see that we're actually doing quite well.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Squirlli
How about, we count each individual vote. Lets literally make every single vote count, every single one, and use the majority to pick the POTUS. if there is a tie, then those 2 or more that tied have a certain amount of time to recampaign and then hold another vote with just those candidates.

If you don't want to vote, then don't, but if you do want to vote, you should feel that your vote actually counts.

That only works if you're
#1. Ok with every single president from now on being a Democrat
#2. Ok with only the largest 50 cities in the country picking the president, no other places have the population density to have a real voting impact.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
The 28% all make more than 100k a year everyone else is poor.

Let me add that all those you describe also likely are top bureaucrats working at their second or even sometimes third government job while drawing in early retirement pensions on the taxpayers from their previous posts.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

The government is The UNITED STATES, INC. or THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, INC., both corporation,s, both bankrupt, both controlled by the British Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, all trying like hell to save the fiat currency dollar.

The organic nationalists are people representing the united States of America.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

The government is The UNITED STATES, INC. or THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, INC., both corporation,s, both bankrupt, both controlled by the British Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, all trying like hell to save the fiat currency dollar.

The organic nationalists are people representing the united States of America.

I agree with you, and we lost this country in 1913 when Woodrow Wilson signed in the Fed Reserve act. We have been ruled under the British Monarchy ever since.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed
'We hate the government ... so let's make it bigger and give it more money!" - Sanders supporter logic

No.

Sanders wants to take from the defense budget, and reduce waste. He wants corporations to pay more than zero percent in taxes. All you have to do is listen to him.

If you pay 30% in taxes, why are you favoring corporations paying next to nothing? Why are you ok with that? Why are you ok with the poor and middle class always having to pay for the defense budget when corporations get subsidies?

Why do you love corporate welfare when we citizens must make up for it?

You laugh and misunderstand Bernie's logic when your own leads to things like 2008 and the economy crumbling.

Its easy to say Bernie wants to take your money and give it to some Poor lazy guy, but you know that isn't true. You've just been tricked into loving the banks and supporting their welfare.
edit on 9-2-2016 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2016 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: spinalremain

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed
'We hate the government ... so let's make it bigger and give it more money!" - Sanders supporter logic

No.

Sanders wants to take from the defense budget, and reduce waste. He wants corporations to pay more than zero percent in taxes. All you have to do is listen to him.

If you pay 30% in taxes, why are you favoring corporations paying next to nothing? Why are you ok with that? Why are you ok with the poor and middle class always having to pay for the defense budget when corporations get subsidies?

Why do you love corporate welfare when we citizens must make up for it?

You laugh and misunderstand Bernie's logic when your own leads to things like 2008 and the economy crumbling.

Its easy to say Bernie wants to take your money and give it to some Poor lazy guy, but you know that isn't true. You've just been tricked into loving the banks and supporting their welfare.

Well, there is a lot of misconception in what you are saying. Let's not forget that we need these vaguely characterized "corporations" to stay in America. Also, remember that not all corporations are behemoths (e.g., small businesses). I believe in free market principles, not a government stranglehold. I think the problem is that I actually do UNDERSTAND Bernie's policies and logic and have given legitimate consideration to the impact those policies and that logic will have on the American economy. Have you?

I honestly and sincerely am confused how my logic (as you characterize it based on my attempt at a mildly humorous quote) is the reason for the 2008 economic crisis or what you refer to as the economy crumbling (which, let's not forget, is occurring during the 8 years that a Democrat has been in office).

I am sorry that I honestly believe in a different path forward for the recovery of the American economy that does not involve growing the government and giving it more control.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

The most common activist strategies, such as street demonstrations, protests, etc., rarely seem to bring about any change in government. There is only one nonviolent tactic that has been proven to work. Boycotting elections alone will not oust the oligarchy, but it is the only proven non-violent way to delegitimize a government.

If granting your consent of the governed to people you can't hold accountable has resulted in government operating on behalf of big corporations and the wealthy instead of on behalf of the people, do you really want to keep doing it? Some say that Einstein defined insanity as repeating the same experiment over and over and expecting different results.

I would like to say, I do not hate the government, I just don't trust them anymore.

I like the idea, that the American people should boycotting the election all together since we all know it is rigged by the Globalist.

We haven't had a Presidential elections by We The People since Kennedy. Ever since then the elite have had their own elections since they are able to afford to buy their Presidential candid.

If all the American people would wake up to this fact and boycott the election and stop paying taxes it will crumble.

Yes things would be bad for a while but we can have new election afterwards, but this time We The People will not allow any kind of Lobbying in our new elections and this will end the Globalist control over our country. I love this idea.
edit on 9-2-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Judging by the turnout in New Hampshire, not many share your views on voting.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Judging by the turnout in New Hampshire, not many share your views on voting.

I agree, the American people have not all wakened up yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Informer1958

Well, at least the Left and the Right can agree that our Government sucks if not on what direction the country needs to go. I honestly wish the Democrats had a broader field of candidates like the Republicans do this cycle. I really hate Hilary and while I find Bernie to be a decent human being I would not want him to get elected because of his political leanings.

I have to give you a star on this one, while, I too, think Bernie is a decent human being, I don't think he is electable, and Hillary can rot in hell. I have a wealthy client who was a big Obama supporter, both elections, and he is disengaged this cycle. That tells me a lot about what is going on in the Democratic party. The republicans are offering a lot of choices this cycle, the only one I think is reasonable is Kasich, the democrats, I wish Warren was running.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Metallicus

So is Bernie, so why do you think he is a bad choice? Democrats are very happy with their choice this election. The republicans seem to be the conflicted party, so maybe you should tell them how unhappy they are.

I honestly wish we had more choices on the Democratic side, there seems to be no rising stars, we have these two old war horses duking it out.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: texasgirl

They're all establishment, otherwise they wouldn't be where they are right now. In order to make it in politics you have to be willing to toe the line, accept bribes, and lie your way to the top.

The only one that I think MAY be an exception is Sanders, but even he is a career politician and can't be trusted.

He has been around a long time, and while I don't think he is electable in the general, I honestly think he more sincere than most, in what he would like to see accomplished. I think all of us would like to government restructured from the top down.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join