It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Really, Really Hate The Government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Metallicus

Ha,ha,ha, sorry for what? That another democrat is going to be POTUS for the next 8 years. You guys need to do surgery on your own party.

What are you even talking about? I am not a member of a party.

Only an idiot would join one.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
It's not just the Americans that Really, Really Hate the Government.

Australians Really, Really Hate the Government.

Here in Australia our Government thought it would be a good idea to help "The Coalition of the Lapdogs" to bomb the crap out of Syria.

Our Government thinks it's a good idea to fluoridate the drinking water.

Our Government thinks it's a good idea to make Vaccination Mandatory to send your child to School.

Our Government thinks it's a good idea to boost the Military Industrial Complex every year while our Infrastructure Fails.

I could go on and on, but the point is that Governments Worldwide are hated because they don't listen to the people.

We are nothing but (Insert derogatory term) to them.

You Suck Turnbull, Abbott, Rudd, Gillard ect

OK I feel better now.

edit on 9-2-2016 by Now2016 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So is Bernie, so why do you think he is a bad choice? Democrats are very happy with their choice this election. The republicans seem to be the conflicted party, so maybe you should tell them how unhappy they are.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I will not give up my vote because american people are too stupid to select good leaders in their political system.

WE are the government, WE are the economy, WE are the power behind the powers. But until religion's power and the Oligarchy has lost its grip, nothing WE want will happen.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed
'We hate the government ... so let's make it bigger and give it more money!" - Sanders supporter logic

The Republicans are responsible for their fair share of increasing the size and powers of government agencies, too. Not to mention running budget deficits when they're in power. At least Democrats are honest about it.

Edit: As for the OP, I don't hate the government. I just want honest & kindhearted people to be in office & administrative positions. I want the government to work better. I've seen enough of other governments to know that we actually have a really good system. And I think some "wild west"/no government/anarchy state would be absolutely horrible.
edit on 9-2-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I don't hate the government. But there are a lot of old rich men who do hate it because its the only obstacle keeping them from ruling this country with their money and taking EVERYTHING. So they demonize it and tell the "little people" that govt is the enemy when in fact they are.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Really? The control of big money from corporations is in place for this exact purpose. No matter who we the people elect to represent us the controllers remain in power.

edit on 0110110101 by machineintelligence because: errata

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I can't help but think that the establishment saying they don't like Trump is a smoke screen to get people to vote for him. If he's not establishment and really plans on changing things then he will be killed before he gets into office.

They know people don't trust the government so they put in a Trojan horse and talk crap about him so that the people believe in the Trojan horse. Trump is establishment in my opinion, they're just acting like he's not.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Trump Kissing AIPAC ASS is all you need to see.

Americans don't kid yourself - He's not the Messiah - he's a Very naughty boy.

edit on 9-2-2016 by Now2016 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

It really doesn't matter. They are all just different aspects of the same, those who are the puppetmasters. Our choice have zero effect on what will be.

Let go of the bars and the cage disappears.

I refuse to play the game any longer.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
How about, we count each individual vote. Lets literally make every single vote count, every single one, and use the majority to pick the POTUS. if there is a tie, then those 2 or more that tied have a certain amount of time to recampaign and then hold another vote with just those candidates.

If you don't want to vote, then don't, but if you do want to vote, you should feel that your vote actually counts.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

I don't hate the government. But there are a lot of old rich men who do hate it because its the only obstacle keeping them from ruling this country with their money and taking EVERYTHING. So they demonize it and tell the "little people" that govt is the enemy when in fact they are.

WHAT????? Nothing could be further from the truth. You are not paying attention to what is going on.

Those ' old rich men' love the govt just the way it is. The politicians work for the Oligarch not the other way around.

It takes half a billion dollars to run for president and millions to run for congress and requires positive PR from the MSM, GOP, and the DNC to get elected and re-elected. Guess who controls the money,MSM,GOP,DNC and the presidential debate committee .hint its those same ' old rich men' .

They use the gov't to get what they want. Look at what congress has done, mostly is against what is best for the masses but good for the corporations working behind the scenes.

1. War
2. Bailouts for the CEO and stock holders on the backs of the middle-class.
3. Making it illegal for a state to label GMO products.
4. Patriot act
5. Obamacare.
6. TPP
7. h1 visa expansions which will take middle-class jobs.
8. Foreign aid over domestic aid
9. War on drugs which funds could be put to better usage
10. etc...

The problem with gov't is the conflict of interest between our officials and the private industry that has all the money.

Those ' old rich men' love the gov't . The gov't is what tells us what we can do and not do and buy and not buy.

Those ' old rich men' love it because they own the gov't and use the gov't to control both the consumer and the market.
edit on 55229America/ChicagoTue, 09 Feb 2016 07:55:31 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Americans Really, Really Hate The Government

History -
During the Great Depression, government was hated. In fact, we came very, very close to a second revolution. But, the arrival of FDR as president basically saved everything and got us through a World War, as well.
From 1946 to 1966, things were not too bad.

The assassination of JFK tossed us into a spiral again, with LBJ at first doing well but then with the Nam and economy, he decided to step back and not run in 1968... basically to save his own hide.
Then there were the assassinations of MLK and RFK, followed by the arrival of Nixon, that worsened everything still. Badly. Very badly.

The up-change came with Iran taking Americans as hostage... we stopped hating our country and began standing for what is was intended to be - a land of liberty. Then, when Jimmy Carter's attempt to rescue them failed so horrendously... in came Ron Reagan and for a spell, things got better.
From 1981 to 1989... things weren't bad. Not great but not bad.

Our current decline began with fall of the former Soviet Union, ending the Cold war and the arrival of GHW Bush, who was followed by Bill Clinton. Between the two of them, the NWO got good footing by seeing our industrial plant shipped overseas and our middle class sent into extinction. Our government then, gradually, saw the revenue from those industries disappear and our ever-so-brief time in black ink disappeared.
Today, RED INK rules.

Next up; Dubya Bush, 9.11 and the ongoing war in the Middle east.
How in the heII he managed to talk this nation into invading Iraq... has always been something of a mystery. I guess we were both dumbed-down and angry at the same time... to a point we were easily led by the nose into something that never had to happen.

Now today, here we are with the Middle East, literally, on fire with ISIS and Europe being overrun by ME immigrants that are rampaging... all while we, here in the US, see what is coming our way. We also have a border with Mexico where people cross at will... expecting to break our immigration laws as their first act of arrival before then being welcomed with open arms.
If we tried to do this in reverse... we'd likely end up dead.

So, why do Americans today have so much anger with their elected government?
- Lack of decent work.
- Open borders for people coming in to take what jobs there are.
- A Congress that has absolute NO respect for those who elected them.
- A president who loves his magic ink pen more than our Constitution.
- Unrecognized inflation settling in on food.
- Operations like Jade Helm that see our country look, at best, like the former Soviet Union.
- Candidates that may well eventually end up in jail or be judged as ineligible for the office of the PotUS.

In my ever so humble opinion, if we even get to November, it will be a tad surprising.

Have a nice day

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: whyamIhere
We like our government just fine... It's the 1000's of lying cheating worthless scum working in DC that we hate.

Exactly, the problem is not with the government...

The problem is with the perpetraitors that have taken control of it.

Yes indeed. The government has had a lot of outside help molding and shaping the outcome for years. How to control the masses, standardized banks, income tax, education system as brain wash institution and institutionalized social control ect ect.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I thought Americans were the government. You just don't like the responsibility of it so blame those you perceive to be in charge. By the people for the people. You are the people. So you hate yourselves

This would make sense if there were no such thing as corruption.

Pretty interesting how corruption can affect an entire country huh?
edit on 2/9/2016 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What numbers are the study based on. The opinion of a 100 individuals or 200 million Americans?

This study is probably based on a small number of People, and the rest is Math.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't hate the government.

Just because deception is the base of this countries government doesn't mean we have to hate it. We can't change it either, so we just have to shake our heads and send the best scammer we can find to represent us.

I don't hate the government either, but I don't trust it as far as I can throw it. I don't believe a word 'it' says, any branch.

Can it be turned around? I don't know. The crooks in charge are very much in charge. The military industrial complex absolutely rules the country.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

My opinion? The feeling is probably mutual, in that the government really hates the people.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

BLM became an issue for me last year when they illegally sold mustangs to a rancher that turned around and sold them for a profit to a slaughter house.

They ignored the law and their own guidelines according to the IG inspection.

Since then I have been paying closer attention to how they deal with ranchers out west... and the deeper you look the more shady things you find, the biggest problem is often its he said she said.

either way... if you support the militia or if you support our laws, or if you are an animal lover BLM's track record is not very good in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Americans will point their fingers at anything and everything but themselves.

Stop hating the government. It's an inanimate abstraction with no power of itself. Blaming the state for our problems is about as silly as blaming guns for violence.

We are what needs to change. And that has nothing to do with a ballot box.
edit on 2/9/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join