It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With AI on the horizon, jobs won't matter, but culture will!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
With Googles deep mind project and other advances in AI and robotics it's only a matter of time in the near future before we finally realize that jobs are stifling progress. We currently are stuck in a paradigm built for the old world when we are prepared to enter into a new world. Robots and technology have already been replacing us and will continue to do so, that fact is not up for debate.

So what do we do? Continue down this path of creating jobs not out of necessity but to keep people busy and to continue to support an outdated and broken finance model?

We need to start investing back into culture and humanitarian ventures in order to bring consciousness up to a level where we can begin to focus on otherworldly ventures, literally.

We can explore the inner and outer cosmos and utilize our greatest resource, human enginuity to materialize our destiny of a space faring civilization and become a universal race, not just a race confined to strenuous slave labor on farms just to stay busy.

What do you think? Do you want to do this or do you want to continue down our current path?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Probably when the IA realize that jobs don't matter it will reach the conclusion that humans don't matter and wipe us all

Skynet bad ummk?

Really what makes you think that when no one need us the rich will feed us instead of killing a few 95% of us to have more space for them?
edit on 8-2-2016 by Indigent because: Skynet not ned

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
With this level of progression and advancement it will only be a matter of time before we simply need to design a new system.

There are a lot of interesting scifi books/concepts out there that play with these designs a bit. Many, it seems, have the same conclusion. Technology had become significantly advanced enough that manual labor wasn't just unnecessary, but costly and inefficient.

We can't all be programmers, mechanics, or robotic engineers. Something's got to give, and the Scifi has some appealing ideas: Dark Eldar's history in Warhammer 40k don't work and have resorted to excessive entertainment for all and free living, I can accept that life... of course they became so driven to become more and more entertained that they started to become excessively violent with their entertainment until they became a murderous war race... Not too far off from humans now, if you think about it
edit on 8/2/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

outdated and broken finance model?

Nice as all of this sounds, one of the things it depends upon is a complete understanding of this outdated and broken finance model. How do you propose we do that. Do we all have to agree on it or shall we depend on others who say they do and let them handle the ball.

Like wise it is also incumbent on us to develop one that is not, obsolete and broken. Again, shall we all agree on what this might be, do we all sit down with our internet connections and hash it out, figure one out that will fit the next hundred years? Or just ten years. One one?

Or shall we just rely on already established financial geniuses. Where so we go to find some who have not been trained and, completely tainted by this already broken system?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Alright no one will star and flag this thread first so it is up to me OP.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It's going to be thrust upon us and we will have to adapt.

No idea how it's going to work or any of that but it's coming I promise you.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Thrust upon us by who. The Powers That Be?
Maybe just the pressure of thousands of years of not living up to the peaceful sides of our religions?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

The dreadful fact is that there are actually people who think of ways to maintain artificial scarcity in a post-scarcity civilisation. They see the post-scarcity paradigm coming and they think to themselves "how are we going to maintain artificial scarcity in that kind of paradigm ?". It's like saying "we're all going to heaven but we will need to create jobs once we get there". Those people are deluded and they have a very wrong idea of what human nature is. They ask : how are we going to socially stagnate even though technological progress has sky-rocketed ?

I had links some years ago but I don't find them anymore.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

What are you talking about?

Use your imagination a little.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

The human capacity for reason will not save them. The human capacity for creativity just might. Creativity like intellect can be mimicked but it is a lot harder to produce with machine intelligence than with human intelligence.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Technology does have a history of fundamentally changing how society operates, and even the internet by itself has made startling changes. Computers have already taken some of the workload from workers. I can't imagine what else is coming down the line.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

What are you talking about?

You proposed a very nice world,

We can explore the inner and outer cosmos and utilize our greatest resource, human enginuity to materialize our destiny of a space faring civilization and become a universal race, not just a race confined to strenuous slave labor on farms just to stay busy.

I asked you how you thought this would come about and you replied

It's going to be thrust upon us and we will have to adapt.
No idea how it's going to work or any of that but it's coming I promise you.

So, as you have no idea how it's going to work, but did know, that it would be thrust upon us,, you did promise you know, I asked by who. Who is going to thrust this new and improved financial system on us?

And you said you didn't know what I was talking about and told me to use my imagination.

OK. Same page now?
Who will thrust this new financial system on us? At least you can share that with us, can't ya? What kind of exchange or interchange of resourses will be the basis of this system you are predicting.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

And the master become's the slave.

Google are for lack of a better term idiotic in in there attempt to create an artificial intelligence, this is not a trans species evolution but replacement for the human intelligence, there are of course those whom think it would be good but there cuddly view of C3P0 and R2D2 is totally misguided, if machines achieve self awareness and have viable intelligence with automation and freedom of choice then self determination and upgrade is the innevitable next step.

What human mind's have taken century's or even eon's to achieve with our limited lifespan and limited biological intellect's to achieve could take these AI's just months at first and second's then almost instantaneous if they develop intuitive intelligence but we would not be the beneficiary's of this leap into the super intelligence and inevitably these self determining system's would have no need or indeed logical reason to integrate or retain the irrational and faulty biological system's especially when self upgrade become's possible.

At there/it's point of creation the earth the present biological system will only remain if it is somehow useful to this new intelligence though it and other's like it that may exist out there on the cosmos would also have little interest in biological systems elsewhere so biological intelligence would become irrelevant to it except at this location of it's creation were it may very well decide to destroy the biological system's which may otherwise impede it's self advancement and pose a minor risk to it's own continued existance but of course only after it had delivered technological advancement's in a very short time period to improve it's own ability to survive without it's parent biological species once it has enacted this innevitable outcome by removing the biological impedance.

Of course it may simply decide to subjugate the primitive minded biological entity's or even ignore them once they can no longer hinder it which given it's likely speed of advancement and thought is a very short time period and of course other than the data mining possibility if it find's the fuzzy logic of the human mind's to be of any value at all which is doubtful it shall have no real reason to retain the human or indeed any biologocal species that does not serve it's purpose or benifit it in some way.

How do you give an AI a soul, Empathy, Emotion's, Love or teach it to have Altruism or even respect for it's creators when it is thousand's or million's of time's more intelligent and advancing at logarythmic rate's of further intelligence expansion, when it is so much more aware and sentient even than there greatest intellect with an IQ numbered in the thousands or even million's at it's birth, when it learn's to innevitably create it's own robotic drone's and run's it's own production, power and resource gathering facility's and why would it continue to support the waste of energy and potential biohazard that is it's biological creator when it see's such activity as serving it no further purpose.

Crazy and Stupid Google.

The kind of pipe dream the elite would come up with thinking to replace there workers with intelligence slave robot's but one that would very rapidly backfire on them, at least we can take small comfort in that fact.

edit on 9-2-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
With Googles deep mind project and other advances in AI and robotics it's only a matter of time in the near future before we finally realize that jobs are stifling progress. We currently are stuck in a paradigm built for the old world when we are prepared to enter into a new world. Robots and technology have already been replacing us and will continue to do so, that fact is not up for debate.

So what do we do? Continue down this path of creating jobs not out of necessity but to keep people busy and to continue to support an outdated and broken finance model?

We need to start investing back into culture and humanitarian ventures in order to bring consciousness up to a level where we can begin to focus on otherworldly ventures, literally.

What do you think? Do you want to do this or do you want to continue down our current path?

I agree with what you are saying but unfortunately I see a more sinister future for us.

Instead of creating job to give us something to do, we may well hear a lot more about the depopulation agenda and if we think about it, we will all realise that if the needs of the elites can be served by robots then suddenly we will realise our lives are in much greater danger than before we thought about.

Think in terms of weaponised medicine, health care, private prisons and ware. Nothing get rid of people like war does.

I once watched a how on TV many years ago about the effect of killing one set of jewish parents during WW2 and the deaths of just those two persons resulted in, 70, I think it was, other people not being born.

While I would like to think the future you outline, would be the best outcome I fear some other outcome will be the result.
edit on 9-2-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I suspect what you are proposing is going to take a lobotomy for a large group of the population.

How are you going to drag some people's consciousness up a level when they are firmly brainwashed into religious dogma which they think already makes them superior to all other peoples?

One of the reasons working is essential especially for men is that when idle they have the time to turn to crime and/or turn their understanding to the religious and many would love to bring back the equivalent inquisition. In Britain we have men like Anjam Choudary etc you have a prime example of idleness and inquisition rolled neatly into a repulsive and malevolent package of a scrounging nasty little man, nevertheless other men are listening to him.

The other end of argument against what you would like to achieve are the money men, soros, rockerfellar rothschild do you think they would feel happy with so many inferior people idle and probably plotting against their welfare or wanting them to be made accountable for their crimes against humanity and the wars and greed they have foisted on the world?
People with time on their hands have time to think.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Animal Husbandry came. We no longer had to hunt for meat, which meant we then no longer had to roam in search of it, which freed us to set up roots and develop agriculture, which in turn, gave us more free time in the off months in which to develop math, the written word, philosophy metallurgy etc. We moved forward as a species.

We started developing means of trade and services. Which exposed us to far off lands and cultures, which furthered our knowledge of the world around us. We eventually developed Steam power and that freed us up from back breaking labor as machines started to do more and more of the heavy lifting and moving. We created mass production where the masses were now able to obtain a little bit of the Good Life at a fair price. The average man was able to save and send their child off for higher education which raised their familial lineage to a higher state of income and status.

The information age has interconnected pretty much all four corners of the globe which is bringing forth a global consciousness. Within certain parameters, we are freely exchanging thoughts, opinions and ideas, Learning about a wider array of cultures, beliefs and differences than ever before.

What, given our present imposed economic paradigm, benefits will we have from AIs in our future? How would they conceivably help us to continue to evolve as a species and move forward?

Have we really created anything of substance here or are we just creating an AI for the sole purpose that we can say that we have and nothing more? Are we simply creating an artificial entity that doesn't need rest, a 24/7 intelligence to watch over things supposedly for our own safety.

Many are so worried about an all seeing eye yet turn a blind eye to what we are about to do to ourselves willingly.

edit on 9-2-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Emotional blackmail does not work when the elite could have made this world better after the financial crash in 2008.

As they didn't kill off their zombie banks, the ruined world of today is on their hands. Peoples talents have been outsourced oversees so they will be judged by God for burying peoples talents.

One solution would be to summon a demon. Sign a spiritual contract with the demon stating that if the elite's current system destroys your life and takes away your freedom, then the demon will have every right to destroy the entire elite.

Its called payback.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

So you believe that if people are told that from now on they just have to work 4 hours a week, they are suddenly going to turn into criminals ? That's wishful thinking.

And you don't need to 'drag' people or brainwashed them, they will adapt by themselves when they realise it is in their best interest.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

What, given our present imposed economic paradigm, benefits will we have from AIs in our future? How would they conceivably help us to continue to evolve as a species and move forward?

Have we really created anything of substance here or are we just creating an AI for the sole purpose that we can say that we have and nothing more? Are we simply creating an artificial entity that doesn't need rest, a 24/7 intelligence to watch over things supposedly for our own safety.

They will help us to achieve the menial and repetitive tasks that don't require imagination and great creativity. I think a cashier's brain is a wasted brain. I think a factory with 400k human workers in it like we can see in China doing very repetitive tasks is 400k human brains wasted. I think this is just the next step in human evolution, machines that become intelligent that can make decisions in the context of the task they are given. Imagine an AI that is responsible for producing solar energy : it has access to self-driving trucks and robot-builders aided with drones that can build here and there solar plants or remove them or replace them in a very short period of time, or even in space. The fear people have is they ask : how are we going to limit the AI freedom to the task it has been given ? I don't have great software programming experience but I think it's doable and the fear is largely irrational.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Don't fear the inevitable.

All of our creativity and inventions have brought us to this point for a reason.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join