It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

found the millions of stars bug... but...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I wanted to save princess peach, back in 96 120 stars gave you access to a huge castle, nowadays with inflation and all I won't be able to get enough stars without that bug

I will have to settle with toad, forever knowing the princess was in another castle
edit on 8-2-2016 by Indigent because: ,

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Let it be! I have learend to love this tiny flaw. It shows the original ATS members!
😊
edit on 9-2-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Really. Let it go by. I love it here to much to let that go.
And it's been a comment for a long time.😊
edit on 9-2-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Give all the members with the glitch a platinum border(or something that designates their tenure), and reset them to zero. For that matter, you could reset all of us, and start over with the same, or a different system.
edit on 2/9/2016 by Klassified because: punct

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

an alternative would just be :

remove the star and flag tally from the member profile // mini profile

then all people can see is the stars and flags awarded to each post in the thread they are currently reading

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Canadiandream420 did it! 8)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The glitch is now part of the heritage. Would anyone correct the lean on the Tower of Pisa?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The whole star thing is quirky as hell! You can make what you think is a really well thought out response and it falls flatter than an android's boobs and then make a totally flippant comment and end up master of the universe.

The superstarred members...yes I know how that sounds... is just another quirk.

I like quirky things, flaws aren't always bad.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
To fix add a counter that can scan every post and change stars to 4 leaf clovers or horseshoes because most of us had to have gotten lucky and said something reasonable...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Dont do anything. If the member was here prior to 2005 and is still around, they damn skippy deserve them , I was lurking when this site started. I feel their pain. They survived and have the scars...errr stars to prove it.

edit on 9-2-2016 by Gothmog because: add

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Have you ever considered star trackers, that you as a user could see a miniature profile of the people who starred you, of course if they want to be seen? There's some pros and cons to such I thing..

That would be a good idea in my opinion, it would be interesting to see if the same groups of people are just starring each other as mates.
I see lots of threads where a new member will make a comment and get no stars, then a 'popular' long time member will say exactly the same thing later in the same thread and get loads of stars.
I would support stars being similar to likes on fakebook where you see who clicked it, then we can build a much more accurate picture of what other members really think about some things.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ding Dong! The glitch is dead. Which old glitch? The stat box glitch!
Ding Dong! The stat box is dead!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Just gonna drop this here...

edit on 9-2-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
For that matter, you could reset all of us, and start over with the same, or a different system.

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Klassified

an alternative would just be :

remove the star and flag tally from the member profile // mini profile

then all people can see is the stars and flags awarded to each post in the thread they are currently reading

Both decent ideas... I think just reset them all or just get rid of it.
Have flags and stars solely for the thread and not attributed to a member.
I think it's detrimental to the site to have the current system but it's been discussed Ad Nauseam and the system is still the same.

*shrugs*

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Which is why I'd love to see the cliques of friends who just star each other by having a fakebook style system showing who starred whichever posts.
It would be interesting for sure, but probably not surprising lol

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

It really is sad.
But it's been said that it's an incentive and people need an incentive you know... nobody is here for the info, discourse and community oh noooo... it's all about whoring stars and flags.

Oh well.

edit on Tue Feb 9 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I would like to donate my stars. 1000 stars to every new member. That way they can post to a thread and not be immediately discounted by the star worshipers.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Maybe then stars can be replaced by a clap'o'meter working thusly:
Threads, instead of flags, have clappy hands to indicate the general clappability of the thread, which is made up solely by the amount of claps a thread has from all participants.

Each individual poster receives the clappage they deserve, which does not actually show as a number, but rather lifts them over time through levels from: "Has gloriously failed to raise a murmur" or I don't know "Less clap than your average marine" passing through "creates a bit of a kerfuffle now and then" all the way up to "Broken fingers Bob" or whatever, with many other levels in between.

I mean, if it's just about the numbers...

edit on 9-2-2016 by Jonjonj because: fingers work badly

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join