It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why to take UFOs seriously, in 10 minutes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
the matter will never be taken seriously while it remains 'off-message'.

"UFOlogist and internet gossip columnist Georgina Bruni revealed that she had quizzed Thatcher face-to-face about her knowledge of UFOs and Rendlesham.
The bizarre conversation took place in London at a charity cocktail party during 1997, shortly after the former Prime Minister had returned from an engagement in Washington DC. At the time Bruni was working on a book that she hoped would expose ‘the truth’ about Britain’s Roswell.
Seizing the opportunity, Bruni asked her opinion on UFOs and claims that world leaders knew about the existence of alien technology. She received this response:

‘You can’t tell the people’

As Special Branch guards and husband Dennis listened, Bruni asked if she was referring to UFOs. According to her account published in 2001, the following exchange then took place:
‘Determined to pursue the questioning I stood facing her and, almost in a whisper, I said, “UFOs and alien technology, Lady Thatcher.”
“You must get your facts right,” she answered.
“What facts?” I wanted to know. In a worried tone of voice, but with her usual composure, she repeated,
“You must have the facts and you can’t tell the people.” "

more at link;

drdavidclarke.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexDJ
About richard dolan i could say he is a good researcher but the incident with maussan and the slides really put him in a bad spot today, that doesnt mean that his entire work from past years is bad, its actually very good but after the slides i would put a grain of salt on his next works.

It's the perfect example of why all claims need to be deeply investigated personally. You can't rely on so-called experts like Dolan to provide you with facts. Unfortunately, many that believe or support the UFO/alien phenomenon do very little research for themselves. That's evident by many comments on this forum. People naively take a case at face value on the merit of a stranger they know nothing about or because one of these UFO/alien "experts" tell them so.

Also, just because you have a personal experience doesn't give greater weight or validity to every other sighting made. It still needs to be thoroughly investigated.

originally posted by: 111DPKING111
The sad thing is most UFOs are done and over in less than a minute, what kind of proof do you really expect to have from such sightings?

If you're speaking about a single UFO or alien sighting in the course of human history, that's a reasonable question. However, we're talking about something that's claimed to happen many thousands of times over many decades. Including claimed physical one-on-one encounters with alien beings. It's not unreasonable to ask for definite evidence of at least one of these encounters.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

WOW~! I think I've heard this before .. but, it's been quite a while. Wow! yea.. so .. yea.. still looking for some sort of answer from the committee on this. I'll read the rest of the thread but, suffice it to say...this subject is FAR from over.

O'Hare being one MASSIVE eyewittness account, personally, I think there were more than was stated. I know that UFO hunters when to O'Hare and attempted to do interview a few folks that might have seen it, can't remember what their investigation summary came out to be. Hopefully it's still on YT .

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rethaya
a reply to: Baddogma

Do we deserve to know what they know? Perhaps, unless it's too closely related to projects that would tip our hands enough that potential enemies might match our best technology.

Would we even believe them if they said they don't know anything?

Or would chaos ensue if we had absolute proof and acknowledgement of some sort? I don't think most people would care unless it became or disrupted a hit new reality TV show, but I'm cynical and perhaps somewhere government folks are worried about possible instability.

Anyhow, thus ends my random rambling, and thanks for posting the video.

My thoughts exactly ~!!!

I'm convinced without a doubt there IS ET life out there, my only issue or question that I can not answer and haven't been able to for 38 years is ...what is their agenda?

Trust me when I say.."I have asked" and only response was "there are as many species in the universe as their are in our own ocean "

...and I have left it at that for now.

( only putting this in as a quick reference) ...

However, looking at ancient text in Gen.6:4 (although i know there are more), tends to make one wonder what the future holds in store for us.

~Can we change our future from destruction?
~ Are the 'exceptions' to the divine time-line because we are human and are given extensions when we cross the threshold between evil and good (for all flesh was corrupted and their thoughts were evil continually)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Is he concluding with the wheels are off course that ET's control our government?

1. UFO's are real

2. Military group in the 40's concluded they were ET

3. Sightings forever are silenced by the government.

4. UFO's pose no threat

5. ET's are having the government keep everything silent on their existence. Or the government themselves is keeping things silent for their own benefit.

However other than retrieving a crashed saucer and knowledge of their tech...if UFO's are evading us in our airspace and we never get in friendly contact with them, then there is no benefit?

I don't think he's saying that, but, the wheels are off the machine that allow investigations to come to the forefront publically so the public can get answers.

my biggest questions is, if the DoD, CIA, Air Force and all other gov. agencies around the world see the same things we do, why send out military jets to chase them down? Yes, I know it's in their SOP's do launch against controlled air space .. but, even then..is it for pure surveillance or "fire and ask questions later?"

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

originally posted by: Urantia1111

We know the phenomenon is real. I'm tired of debating that. What might be the next practical question is Why is it being hidden from us?

On the nose, brother.

exactly!

Mass chaos from ensuing>?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

This. The idea all of 'UFO' sightings are of extraterrestrial origin seems to be most's inclination. The more I've studied/read on the 'UFO' phenomenon, the more a terrestrial origin seems the most likely. My two cents.

I don't know, man. The UFO waves that occurred in the U.S. and France in the mid-to-late 1940's had a lot of people reporting some pretty strange things. I frankly don't see human beings having technology like that in 1947.

me neither ~!!!

Even in the 19777-78...! UNLESS, we truly are 50-60 or 100 years already advanced in technology and it's all being held back for a reason ..

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
Restricting myself entirely only to sightings for which there are strong corroborating evidence (radar, multiple qualified witnesses, etc.) and to the established, documented evidence for obfuscation, panels and committees ostensibly created to investigate but mandated to minimize and dismiss, etc. ... I'm persuaded something real is going on, and that various agencies and interests in our government and those around the world have at different points in history had very serious, very sober cause to take whatever that is seriously.

This is only an opinion as I'm convinced no one or next to no one in the public or private sector really knows what's going on. But to me, this implies either:

A: These things are simply human technology operated by our or another government and there really is a vast compartmentalized dog and pony show intended to conceal their existence by pretending to investigate them, or even tasking groups with investigating them while meanwhile other parties already know full well what they are.

B: Some private or very secret human cabal that is not part of or acting at the behest of any government per se has developed, owns, and operates this tech, and it's simply not under any government's control and that's what they're so terrified of. (A possibility which, while in my opinion highly unlikely, I never seem to see considered at all.)

C: No one in any government or government agency knows despite honest and extensive expenditure toward trying to find out, and they are not wont to reveal their ignorance of whatever the reality is to us.

or

D: They do know, they aren't human tech at all, they have no means of countering them, and that's terrifying enough to go to extraordinary lengths to hide that fact.

Any of these possibilities is a big deal in my opinion, with huge ramifications.

A implies the technology is ours but so far advanced beyond what is conventionally known, such extensive and labyrinthine efforts at deception not only of enemy governments but of the public are deemed necessary in not only a passive, concealing sense, but an active, ongoing, proactive sense. In other words, something truly, truly exotic, paradigm shifting, or hard to imagine for the public.

B implies there is some non-state group with access to more advanced tech than any nation state on Earth, which is obviously a game changer and would carry enormous implications for geopolitics and the real reasons for certain courses of action. (I find this almost entirely implausible, though.)

C suggests they are merely hiding their own ignorance and failure to crack the mystery, and probably also that they still hope there's some strategic advantage to be had should they ever finally decipher it, hence the need for secrecy.

And D suggests well... the typical alien visitation scenario, perhaps the strangest and scariest of all except... they obviously haven't vaporized us all yet, so there's that lol.

Personally I don't have a clue, but I am fairly convinced something is going on, and I lean most strongly at the moment (this changes with knowledge from year to year) toward C, possibly with a bit of A.

As for the "who" with regard to who knows the full story in terms of which of these scenarios is true and why this concealment exists... that's the million dollar question. If I had to posit a guess... not a monolithic organ like people tend to imagine, but a multi-specialty hodge podge of disparate and highly compartmentalized individuals with no public oversight, and which may not even ever convene as a functioning group.

Peace.

Excellent post~!

Nearly same for me on the conclusions.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
all rhetorical

1: if it's our military then why are they forcing us to use fossil fuels and pollute the planet and deprive certain people certain rights like clean water and air?

2: if it's aliens then they must not give a crap that we are destroying the planet.

either way we're screwed. I have hope it will change someday because the people are the ones paying the price for a handful of privileged people "in the know". it's like we need to eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge again so we can evolve out of this dirty little cocoon we've been woven into over the years. How can the masses be considered responsible for their condition if they have been lied to for the last however many years? I wouldn't expect my kids to know who I was if I was acting like somebody else all these years so wtf is up with our government? of course we don't trust them anymore. and it's like we've always heard about disclosure, that the people would lose faith in those aspects of culture like religion and government. so maybe that's where the intention to lie comes from.

a reply to: Sublimecraft

excellent post my friend~!

Excellent questions indeed~!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: L.A.B

Now this is going to sound nuts.. But myself and two freinds have seen a UFO take off out of some local woods, fly along our close horizon on a clear night, fly over our head silently low and witness this thing fly off into the distance out of our view range.. and the crazy bit is we saw something drop from it to the ground, looked like a shooting star came directly from it perpendicular to the ground.

Edit: Yes, I can describe this event in much more detail if anyone wanted.. it is as fresh in memory as it was when it happened several years ago.

I WANT TO HEAR ALL THE DETAILS .. !

Post it ALL up my friend.

ETA: read it .. disregard post.

edit on 10-2-2016 by Komodo because: ...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Only for those who have never seen one in action themselves. For people who have seen them real close, been affected by them, or any number of inexplicable sightings that were so bizarre to see, it probably doesn't matter anymore. Proof is plain as day for those people me included.

Fine for you. You're lucky. But what about folks like me? Unless you provide me with good, solid proof that doesn't require any kind of special experience, I'm always (and reasonably) going to assume that you were mistaken, ignorant, delusional or outright lying about what you saw and how you chose to interpret it.

That's the way objective proof works. I've never seen the Eiffel Tower in Paris, either, but there is enough evidence around for me to be pretty sure that it exists. Just provide me with that level of evidence. Is that too much to ask?

Unless you have a personal experience of seeing or hearing a UFO, all the evidence will only be 'interesting'...
and the only solid proof any of us have will be when they land in Time Square in a massive sphere with a same size of robot standing watch....funny as that may seem, it might not be to far from the truth given that a squadren of UFO's flew over the white house in the 50s(?) .. yea..

Now, I will say this with caution because when you do it, it might take a month or 2 or 3..but, suffice it to say, it will happen and I'm not entirely sure why it happens for some without asking and others won't happen until they ask...

so...IF you're courageous enough..bow your head or look up to the sky and ask to see them. if you see one right away, might want to count yourself lucky. However, as I stated earlier, ask with caution as there are different stages at which you can be visited.

Peace and safety ..
~Komodo

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You are right. You will never be convinced unless you see or experience it. However, I think that is YOUR problem, not ours. Those of us who have seen and experienced these things do not have a responsibility to convince those of you who haven't. I really couldn't care less whether or not you and others like you believe in the phenomenon. I KNOW it is real and that is enough for me. I have zero interest in trying to convince people about their reality. What I am interested in is discussing the phenomenon with those who already KNOW it is real.

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Only for those who have never seen one in action themselves. For people who have seen them real close, been affected by them, or any number of inexplicable sightings that were so bizarre to see, it probably doesn't matter anymore. Proof is plain as day for those people me included.

Fine for you. You're lucky. But what about folks like me? Unless you provide me with good, solid proof that doesn't require any kind of special experience, I'm always (and reasonably) going to assume that you were mistaken, ignorant, delusional or outright lying about what you saw and how you chose to interpret it.

That's the way objective proof works. I've never seen the Eiffel Tower in Paris, either, but there is enough evidence around for me to be pretty sure that it exists. Just provide me with that level of evidence. Is that too much to ask?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Since I can't edit my post now, I need to update it this way. It has just come to my attention that it was a hoax about Sgt. Robert Deans passing. I couldn't just let this hang out there. My sincerest apologies. On the other hand I'm glad to hear the good news that he is still with us.

Again sorry about that.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

And if you believe this is somehow "too much to ask," then that is your opinion, and it's my opinion that you are a gullible tool asking for way too little to be shown and proven to you something as extraordinary as an actual, honest-to-goodness, no foolin' thing/alien from another planet/reality.

Afraid Im of the same opinion from the other side, seems more like willful ignorance to deny it. I can chalk it up to being wired differently as well though.

I do think you are wasting your time in this forum. Here you are going to have to connect the dots, sift through lots of testimony, weigh evidence etc ... the stuff you're after will be on the fox,cnn,abc,nbc, and cbs before it hits here.
edit on 10-2-2016 by 111DPKING111 because: your always gets me

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

It's the perfect example of why all claims need to be deeply investigated personally. You can't rely on so-called experts like Dolan to provide you with facts. Unfortunately, many that believe or support the UFO/alien phenomenon do very little research for themselves. That's evident by many comments on this forum. People naively take a case at face value on the merit of a stranger they know nothing about or because one of these UFO/alien "experts" tell them so.

I mostly agree, although I do think Dolan is well researched and dont mind reading his material. I dont really blame him for the Roswell slides, seemed like it was mostly curiousity on his part to take a look. I think he is way off on the 9-11 conspiracy however, just have to be discerning.

If you're speaking about a single UFO or alien sighting in the course of human history, that's a reasonable question. However, we're talking about something that's claimed to happen many thousands of times over many decades. Including claimed physical one-on-one encounters with alien beings. It's not unreasonable to ask for definite evidence of at least one of these encounters.

Regardless what you believe about mass sightings like Phoenix, Hudson Valley, or the Belgium wave(all were slow moving or even hovered in place) - it is amazing there is not more hard evidence of whatever these objects happened to be. However, there is hardly any.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

3 Races evolved on earth and survived to keep evolving through time.

1.Humans/ape/land

2.The Grays/Dolphin/water

3.The Bird like Race/Eagle/Air

The Grays have grayish moist skin so it is hard to populate them into the public view.

The bird like race, their beaks never evolved, if it's one thing about evolution, shells and beaks just was not in the design evolution. The government accepts them as humans and its law , regardless of names and classification one would give them because of looks or technology ,these so called aliens are human related .

That’s the secret of not classifying them as aliens because its no sense of it if they come from earth... in that case humans are aliens as well. To me ufology never existed and if aliens was to be seen, than it would be from a failed scientist experiments deep underground some where that got out.

This is the reason why the populace will never receive disclosure, because it has never been nothing to disclose.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hmm. Re: dismissing even the most well supported accounts as possible delusion or misidentification without direct personal experience... I'm pretty skeptical. Very skeptical in fact. I won't accept anything as true without very compelling evidence. But even if you eliminate everything that fails to meet those criteria - which, let's be honest, comprises the VAST majority of cases - we are still left with a relative handful of truly bizarre accounts which have

• Expert analysis by scientists in various relevant fields (physics, avionics, photography, meteorology, astronomy, etc.) coming up empty in terms of mundane explanations
  • Multiple credible, experienced, qualified, trained witnesses
  • Physical evidence
  • Radar tracks
  • Aeronautic maneuvers that defy our current or then avowed technological capabilities
  • Often, what Vallee called "high strangeness" of other sorts that, while not necessarily cogent in terms of a nuts and bolts explanation, is pretty difficult to discount fully in some instances

And there is enough consistency between them that a lot of extremely credible people who have some fairly compelling evidence on their side would need to be delusional, mistaken, or lying for something to not be going on. Is that possible? Absolutely. But at a certain point, Occam's razor actually starts to benefit the bizarre instead of the mundane, when it becomes a more complex and convoluted explanation to dismiss than it is to simply entertain the prospect that something real is simply... actually happening.

These cases are by no means the norm, of course. But even the bodies and panels mandated with trying to intentionally minimize and dismiss as many cases as possible couldn't eliminate some of these, and even the most ardent skeptics couldn't account for them.

Now does that mean it has to be aliens, or interdimensional whatnots, or anything paranormal? No, of course not. It could simply be some sort of natural phenomenon we don't yet understand. A new, shared psychiatric or psychosocial phenomenon we have yet to identify or quantify or diagnose. But something real, and of great concern at certain points in history (possibly on a continuing basis) to various organs of various governments is happening. And said serious interest has at various points and to varying degrees been intentionally obfuscated. I don't feel that's even something that requires belief at this point, but rather that it's borne out by the preponderance of good, persuasive, compelling evidence.

That's not the same as proof that aliens are visiting Earth or indeed that anything unnatural is happening at all, mind you. But it is proof something yet to be explained or accounted for fully is and has been happening.

In my opinion.

Peace.
edit on 2/11/2016 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and this aint it.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
All I know is a lot of something is out there, what they are is another question!
View my videos Sky Watcher Productions on YouTube
www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-2-2016 by skywatcherprod because: added comment

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: topquark

I have not seen a UFO and as interested as I am, am wavering on what the phenomenon is. What is interesting is that even when a creditable witness gets a close up view, i.e. Rendelsham forest, they can't seem to identify what they are seeing. Can you expound on what you saw?

There are enough reports that are creditable, that there is something going on. I tend to not believe the it must be aliens and there are lots of species here. The distances to get here are too vast. I don't like the inter dimensional theory either. As I understand the dimensions humans can't see, they are small spaces that would not allow for the phenomenon described.

I am beginning to lean toward one of the following: 1. a very advanced culture arose on earth a long time ago, they developed cloaking technology so they are very hard to detect and there is a not a huge population of them. 2. A small group of aliens made it to earth, they are settlers and they have cloaking technology and are very hard to detect. There are problems with both scenarios, but, seem plausible based on the evidence.

If I am right, why won't the government acknowledge them. I recall the story told that when Carter received his first alien briefing he cried. Perhaps this group described above is small enough in number, they can't really take over the world. But, they have technology far beyond our own. They aren't really hostile toward humans, but, are not above using humans for experiments on occasion. There is very little the governments can do as they very rarely can catch them and they have no idea what they are up to, other than this is also their home and they have little need to contact us.

Now, that would send the public into a panic. They are here, they can kill you, there is nothing we can do to protect you, they probably won't bother you, we can't guarantee it, don't worry about it, the odds are similar to being eaten by a shark. Is that the right message? How did that/would that sound? I am guessing not too good.

A population of a 1,000 or so could account for all the creditable UFO sightings ever. They can reproduce, but rarely do so to keep their numbers small. They are not immortal, but, can live 10,000 + years. They concocted religion for us to pacify humans. The only problem I struggle with regarding this theory is why did they allow humans out of the dark ages. Now humans might be a creditable threat.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join