It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why to take UFOs seriously, in 10 minutes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

I know the ufo phenomena is real,every member of my family has seen one at least once,my husband has seen quite a few+i've seen many.My husband and i have seen one ufo seeming to chase off another at hyperspeeds,then incoming chaser ufo drew a "line in the sand" but in the sky if you know what i mean. Also what looked like a military parade of ufo's.I have seen many others too on many occasions.

And no i don't have footage or photo's,whem we're out in the yard it's to be in nature( we live in the African Bush) and to get away from tech not to drag it with us.

Now i am saying ufo's not necessarily alien/ET crafts.

However in instances like the ufo chase episode,the speeds certainly make one wonder though, the maneouvres and general actions.I've heard of some supposedly secret American airbase in the neighbouring country,Botswana,so idk.Either way the speeds the chasee and especially the chaser was going,you could make a cuppa tea in Egypt,nip down to South Africa to do some chasing+still burn your mouth on said tea when you returned.

If i should take these ufo's "seriously" well idk.We are a family of abductees ,and that is an insidious thing that pervades every single aspect of one's life,very few things are more serious than that.For entertainment value the ufo's certainly rate highly though.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

This. The idea all of 'UFO' sightings are of extraterrestrial origin seems to be most's inclination. The more I've studied/read on the 'UFO' phenomenon, the more a terrestrial origin seems the most likely. My two cents.

I don't know, man. The UFO waves that occurred in the U.S. and France in the mid-to-late 1940's had a lot of people reporting some pretty strange things. I frankly don't see human beings having technology like that in 1947.

By terrestrial, I don't mean man-made, I mean from this planet. And I don't mean earthquake lights.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington
Mr. Richard Dolan:

I knew I'd seen this guy before. ...

(post by Urantia1111 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

We know the phenomenon is real. I'm tired of debating that. What might be the next practical question is Why is it being hidden from us?

The paradigm would be deflated and exposed by revealing or disclosing it.

The government and the church, actually admitting it isn't the most powerful entity there is? Rocks the boat to much. Cosider the movie Trueman, where he realizes the big secret, but instead imagine hundreds of millions of Truemans waking up all at once.

Disaster, witch hunts, inquisitions, the dark ages all over again.

Best keep it quiet.

The "Aliens" want it that way, too. Leaves the discovery process of who we are and what we should be doing here on a personal level for everyone to decide on their own.

edit on 9-2-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It wouldn't take much to get people seeing the "Stay Puft Marshmallow Man", but then the "Jigg would be up".

How the jigg isn't already up is hard to imagine.. as these "UFOs" act in the most absurd manner possible.

Kev

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

It wouldn't take much to get people seeing the "Stay Puft Marshmallow Man", but then the "Jigg would be up".

How the jigg isn't already up is hard to imagine.. as these "UFOs" act in the most absurd manner possible.

Kev

The masses in their ignorance would probably think its a marketing ploy for the new Ghostbusters movie, and carry on with their day!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Isn't this the same Richard Dolan who was pushing the authenticity of the Roswell slides last year ?
I'll take what he has to say with a pinch of salt thank you.

I frequent a very fine restaurant as often as budgets permit. Once, maybe even twice I have had a meal that was not just not up to standard, it was in fact poor. But I realise that I would only be spiting myself if I let that allow me to forget the many, many wonderful meals I have enjoyed there, not to mention those that I may enjoy in the future should I continue to go.

That's the thing that really gets me about the whole paranormal thing. The people who dedicate themselves to it are not allowed even one mistake, not one!

I am sure you know that Richard Dolan was absolutely gutted about the whole Roswell slides debacle and I am sure you also know that he was not a vociferous defender of the whole thing at all. But as they say, when you throw a lot of s@@@ some inevitably sticks.

I have read some of Richard Dolan's works and I find them to be sober and absolutely not in the genre of fantasy or thrill seeking airport throwaways.

SMH

Oops, almost forgot, nice job OP. Thanks for a sensible post on a very often nonsensical topic.

edit on 9-2-2016 by Jonjonj because: my memory

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

All easily explained. Everyone is lying. Or insane. Or both.

Sincerely though, great post. Dolan doesn't eff around. He brings it. Read his books folks.

We know the phenomenon is real. I'm tired of debating that. What might be the next practical question is Why is it being hidden from us?

A reasopn can be that there is a group of people making huge amounts of money by keeping the technology for themselves and trickle feeding it to the consumers. Or/ and these beings are abducting humans, experiment on them to never be seen again...and the governments know about this. If there are other reasons..which there probably are... governments will have a hard time explaining their behaviour without contradicting the law.

Just a few thoughts..

edit on 9/2/2016 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Richard Dolan is an experienced researcher but the fact is he failed to do due diligence on the slides and story he was fed by Jaime Maussan and ended up with egg on his face , other none professional researchers debunked the slides within hours of release.

I find it odd that a researcher such as Dolan didn't research the slides before claiming what they didn't show , eg a mummy or the involvement of Jaime Maussan in the affair.

But I know Jaime and have seen him at work first-hand. I know he cares about the truth. He certainly did not make money on this event — the current guess is that he lost money, but he doesn’t care. He was the only person to step up and arrange for scientific analyses, which included not only money for testing, but for travel.
www.kgraradio.com...

Jaime cares about the truth ?
Dolan was likely suckered in by Maussan but that in itself raises questions about his diligence and willingness to believe without scrutinizing what he's been told or offered as evidence.

edit on 9-2-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

I believe a few things..

(A) Every government likes to bomb things. Any recovered alien technology would be utilized for military purposes and become known. This assumes we are capable of reverse engineering or exploiting recovered technology.
So...I have doubts that alien technology has been recovered...or if it has, we have failed to exploit it.

(B) I don't believe the gov has answers.

(C) Absent answers, they will classify. They will not acknowledge that there is aerial phenomena that they do not understand or are incapable of defending against.

(D) Amongst the fog of plenty misidentifications, there are some indisputable accounts...O'Hare was big one for me, complete with an exposed cover-up and false denial by the FAA and United Airlines...and multiple accounts by trained ground personnel, air traffic controllers and a pilot. All observing the same object hovering above the airport....and just to in case anyone thought it was some bizarre trick of the light, it punched a hole in the clouds when it took off.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

While I can't defend every conclusion Dolan has ever made, I think in this case what he is saying is pretty cut and dried. The documents and quotations he presents are not something that anyone needs to take his word for. They are publicly available, and there's little question about their authenticity.

Essentially what he is doing here is directing our attention to some facts. We can debate the judgement of the person presenting the facts, but the facts - in my opinion - speak for themselves.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Restricting myself entirely only to sightings for which there are strong corroborating evidence (radar, multiple qualified witnesses, etc.) and to the established, documented evidence for obfuscation, panels and committees ostensibly created to investigate but mandated to minimize and dismiss, etc. ... I'm persuaded something real is going on, and that various agencies and interests in our government and those around the world have at different points in history had very serious, very sober cause to take whatever that is seriously.

This is only an opinion as I'm convinced no one or next to no one in the public or private sector really knows what's going on. But to me, this implies either:

A: These things are simply human technology operated by our or another government and there really is a vast compartmentalized dog and pony show intended to conceal their existence by pretending to investigate them, or even tasking groups with investigating them while meanwhile other parties already know full well what they are.

B: Some private or very secret human cabal that is not part of or acting at the behest of any government per se has developed, owns, and operates this tech, and it's simply not under any government's control and that's what they're so terrified of. (A possibility which, while in my opinion highly unlikely, I never seem to see considered at all.)

C: No one in any government or government agency knows despite honest and extensive expenditure toward trying to find out, and they are not wont to reveal their ignorance of whatever the reality is to us.

or

D: They do know, they aren't human tech at all, they have no means of countering them, and that's terrifying enough to go to extraordinary lengths to hide that fact.

Any of these possibilities is a big deal in my opinion, with huge ramifications.

A implies the technology is ours but so far advanced beyond what is conventionally known, such extensive and labyrinthine efforts at deception not only of enemy governments but of the public are deemed necessary in not only a passive, concealing sense, but an active, ongoing, proactive sense. In other words, something truly, truly exotic, paradigm shifting, or hard to imagine for the public.

B implies there is some non-state group with access to more advanced tech than any nation state on Earth, which is obviously a game changer and would carry enormous implications for geopolitics and the real reasons for certain courses of action. (I find this almost entirely implausible, though.)

C suggests they are merely hiding their own ignorance and failure to crack the mystery, and probably also that they still hope there's some strategic advantage to be had should they ever finally decipher it, hence the need for secrecy.

And D suggests well... the typical alien visitation scenario, perhaps the strangest and scariest of all except... they obviously haven't vaporized us all yet, so there's that lol.

Personally I don't have a clue, but I am fairly convinced something is going on, and I lean most strongly at the moment (this changes with knowledge from year to year) toward C, possibly with a bit of A.

As for the "who" with regard to who knows the full story in terms of which of these scenarios is true and why this concealment exists... that's the million dollar question. If I had to posit a guess... not a monolithic organ like people tend to imagine, but a multi-specialty hodge podge of disparate and highly compartmentalized individuals with no public oversight, and which may not even ever convene as a functioning group.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

LOL.

One of the reasons that PT Barnum is enjoying his grave so much, is that any "light in the sky" primes the mind of the believer that it is a "UFO" and strictly speaking it is....its at least unidentified.

But this incessant priming through misidentification and through incessant priming through media...

Is "creating or at least exacerbating "the phenomenon".

Some of the big name researchers really feed into this "control loop", keeping it going forever.

Fortunately other factors are beginning to counteract this factor.

Now to the "believers and the peanut gallery", once more - I'm not saying that aliens don't exist - somewhere in the Universe. I'm not saying that "something" isn't "actually happening worth investigating"

But IMHO (and I know some researchers personally)...things are probably not like most people would assume...on either side of the aisle.

Kev

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I've been following this area for a few years now and I think the most important thing I have learnt is to not worry or even care what others think.
Even if you feel you have a strong argument you will never change the views of many.

Recently I've been reading/watching john mack and the idea of alien hybridisation.
If we must try to make sense out of this then I feel this could be a prime possible reason.
I understand many will argue if they wanted to invade they could do so by force. But as can be seen around the world and our own exploits resistance will be met even when defeat is certain.

Ultimately we seem to be controlled by either our governments or et's. I don't know about you but I will resist until my last breath. Hehe

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
As a companion to his speech Richard Dolan also has a page on his website :

12 Real Documents That Treat UFOs Very Seriously

Personally I think he made a big mistake by sort of endorsing the 'Roswell Slides'. Anyone who saw the picture with any common sense would have thought that it looked like it was taken inside a museum and it looked like a small mummified human being. It did not need scientific researchers it just needed a pair of good eyes. I also think his breakaway civilization ideas are a bit far out.

But that shouldn't mean we dismiss the guy and his work. His 2 books on "UFOs and the National Security State" provide a comprehensive view on the modern history of the UFO phenomenon. It show us that we have long had confirmation that a UFO phenomenon exists. Governments have studied it in depth. They have even covered up things from their citizens because they don't want them to know what they don't know.

However this is where excited minds should take a step back. The existence of UFOs does not mean they are alien spacecraft. Just because you don't know what else it could be that does not point to aliens. It could be aliens, but it probably is a number of different things that we, as yet, do not understand. Many UFOs eventually become IFOs (identified).

It is the real unidentified ones that remain a mystery.

edit on 9/2/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Wasn't there supposed to be a follow-up meeting to the disclosure project later that same year???

September 12th, 2001 was the date. I don't think it happened. Something else came up.
edit on 9-2-2016 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2

Given the way Steven Greer turned into some kind of latter day "ET tourist guide" what with his camp outs for ufo sightings and such, I think the hearings would be better left to stand on their own.

Just my opinion though.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There are several things that contemplate my thoughts lately.
First it seems that sightings are declining when there's many wars and unrest in the world.

Is it because we loose attention to this phenomenon , diliberately or something else?

Then as we had many warnings from them to make peace and treat the earth well and stop pollution, or face the consequences .

Well I don't know , but I slowly starting to loose there benevolent touch for us .

Why don't if they are around don't show us how it's done , not kill or overcome religious and racial issues.

I say now is the time to step in and do something really amazing. . But I guess they rather flee or hide behind clouds watching ,as if they are at the midevil arena in Rome thousands of years back in time..

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
all rhetorical

1: if it's our military then why are they forcing us to use fossil fuels and pollute the planet and deprive certain people certain rights like clean water and air?

2: if it's aliens then they must not give a crap that we are destroying the planet.

either way we're screwed. I have hope it will change someday because the people are the ones paying the price for a handful of privileged people "in the know". it's like we need to eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge again so we can evolve out of this dirty little cocoon we've been woven into over the years. How can the masses be considered responsible for their condition if they have been lied to for the last however many years? I wouldn't expect my kids to know who I was if I was acting like somebody else all these years so wtf is up with our government? of course we don't trust them anymore. and it's like we've always heard about disclosure, that the people would lose faith in those aspects of culture like religion and government. so maybe that's where the intention to lie comes from.

a reply to: Sublimecraft

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join