It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why to take UFOs seriously, in 10 minutes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Won't take up much of your time.

Just wanted to share a brief speech on UFOs that I feel is cogent and to-the-point.

To make a long story short, and as the speaker in this video succinctly notes, public statements by government and military officials on the topic of UFOs have frequently stood in sharp contrast to what has been said behind-the-scenes.

Why the deception? Why the secrecy? Why have government bodies had to back-pedal so many times regarding their statements on UFOs?

I don't know what the truth is, but I'm convinced that we've been lied to for a long time.

Mr. Richard Dolan:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

This is pretty old video.... and there are many of the sort going around online, not to mention ATS.

Is there anything specific that, in your opinion, can bring a new perspective on the phenomenon?

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I for one haven't seen this video before, and I can readily state that it is an incredibly refreshing sight to behold when a very presentable person is calmly and articulately discussing what is otherwise a 'no-go' 'crazy-man's' topic.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
No matter how old the video...

The fact remains, nobody has even attempted to answer the man's questions.

They must not know the answers.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Thanks for this - I respect Mr Dolan very much and the accounts to which he refers are a testament to the para-normal nature of the UFO phenomenon. In my opinion, there is absolutely no doubt that seemingly intelligently controlled unidentified objects traversing, penetrating, breaching the planets atmosphere are real. Whether they have a terrestrial or extraterrestrial origin is the real question and in either case, who or what is controlling them.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Do you happen to know if there are any follow-up videos showing what happens after Mr Dolan's speech?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais

Do you happen to know if there are any follow-up videos showing what happens after Mr Dolan's speech?

Yes there are. Dolan was the first of many guest speakers at a multi-day event dubbed the "Citizens Hearing on Disclosure". The other three people sitting at the table with him - Stanton Friedman, Grant Cameron and Linda Moulton Howe - are the next three speakers. None of them are worth wasting your time listening to, in my opinion.

Aside from these first four speakers, I haven't taken the time to wade through the many hours of speeches (and questions from a panel of retired Congressional representatives), but it seems the entire thing is available on Youtube.

The parts of it I have seen have not impressed me very much, aside from this bit with Richard Dolan.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
As long as the UFO subject remains in the obscure corner of the general public they can pretty much do as they please.
When you're a black budget group or an advanced ET, you have no intrest in revealing yourself to the public. There is nothing to be gained from it.

You want clean energy, peace on earth, the truth and what not? You make it happen then.

Aliens and secret government in the shadow world is just like god and politicians in the real world. You're asking who for what now?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

All easily explained. Everyone is lying. Or insane. Or both.

Sincerely though, great post. Dolan doesn't eff around. He brings it. Read his books folks.

We know the phenomenon is real. I'm tired of debating that. What might be the next practical question is Why is it being hidden from us?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wow that was a great video. I had never heard of the multiple f16's chasing multiple crafts back in 2002. Very interesting, there must be a thread or two here somewhere about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Nice summation for the ignorant...

and it's strange that in over 4 decades of searching out no b.s. answers, I haven't run into anyone who was not ignorant about ufos, even when they know they are "real."

I guess that should be qualified by, possibly nobody but the member here who wrote about the Knights of Relearned Knowledge... our own "Jetson's dog."

That one still has me scratching my head.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

"That one" was what finally tipped the scales and made me pay more attention to ATS. If nothing else it was a good narrative, and unique in ways that I hadn't expected versus the usual stories floating around the internet.

Personally, I don't doubt the idea that governments have tried to copy the flight capabilities of these objects and have used their existence as a screen for black projects. The part of UFO mythology I have the most trouble with is the idea that they know what they are. If I was a high up in one of our wonderful alphabet-soup agencies I'd certainly drop enough hints in enough places that it seemed our government knew what was going on and/or had a hand in it, even if it wasn't true.

Do we deserve to know what they know? Perhaps, unless it's too closely related to projects that would tip our hands enough that potential enemies might match our best technology.

Would we even believe them if they said they don't know anything?

Or would chaos ensue if we had absolute proof and acknowledgement of some sort? I don't think most people would care unless it became or disrupted a hit new reality TV show, but I'm cynical and perhaps somewhere government folks are worried about possible instability.

Anyhow, thus ends my random rambling, and thanks for posting the video.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Is he concluding with the wheels are off course that ET's control our government?

1. UFO's are real

2. Military group in the 40's concluded they were ET

3. Sightings forever are silenced by the government.

4. UFO's pose no threat

5. ET's are having the government keep everything silent on their existence. Or the government themselves is keeping things silent for their own benefit.

However other than retrieving a crashed saucer and knowledge of their tech...if UFO's are evading us in our airspace and we never get in friendly contact with them, then there is no benefit?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Whether they have a terrestrial or extraterrestrial origin is the real question and in either case, who or what is controlling them.

This. The idea all of 'UFO' sightings are of extraterrestrial origin seems to be most's inclination. The more I've studied/read on the 'UFO' phenomenon, the more a terrestrial origin seems the most likely. My two cents.
edit on 8-2-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: Addition

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

We know the phenomenon is real. I'm tired of debating that. What might be the next practical question is Why is it being hidden from us?

On the nose, brother.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

This. The idea all of 'UFO' sightings are of extraterrestrial origin seems to be most's inclination. The more I've studied/read on the 'UFO' phenomenon, the more a terrestrial origin seems the most likely. My two cents.

I don't know, man. The UFO waves that occurred in the U.S. and France in the mid-to-late 1940's had a lot of people reporting some pretty strange things. I frankly don't see human beings having technology like that in 1947.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
Wow that was a great video. I had never heard of the multiple f16's chasing multiple crafts back in 2002. Very interesting, there must be a thread or two here somewhere about it.

ufoscience.org

There's an immense about of information about that case at the link if you're interested.
edit on 8-2-2016 by BiffWellington because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Cheers Biff, that's great.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Richard did an awesome and very professional comprehensive presentation. The panel seemed to be quite annoyed which is a real good sign he dominated and was up in the grill of all those that do indeed have the answers.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Isn't this the same Richard Dolan who was pushing the authenticity of the Roswell slides last year ?
I'll take what he has to say with a pinch of salt thank you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join