It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else have the strong feeling that the US will be nuked soon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
First of all, to believe in this idea you must submit to at least the possibility that the US Government was either indirectly responsible, or directly responsible with both the attacks on the World Trade Center, and the Anthrax attacks.

With that said, I can think of a no more opportune moment(for the Bush administration) for us to be nuked than right about now; the election is being viewed as a fraud, the administration is losing approval, the war in Iraq is abysmal, Iran is in the crosshair, and we are in a deficiet and have a shortage of troops and equipment to engage in said war against Iran. To fully facilitate the neo-cons plan for global domination, which it essentially is, we either need more troops, or we need the ability, the mandate to use nuclear weapons. We have a gigantic stockpile that is begging to be used, but by using nuclear weapons we would be setting an incredibly negative precident for this generation, not only that, the administration would lose support if not all from the American people and without question, the international community.

However, what would the case be if a low-yield nuclear weapon were detonated by "terrorists" in an even sparsely populated area? My thoughts are, and these are deducted from how the American people reacted after 9/11, is that overall, we wouldn't really care at that point if we decided to use nukes. As an analogy, it's like being in a fight with someone, and all of a sudden they whip out a knife, well of course you are going to whip out a knife as well to counter them, and who would blame you? Who would have the gall at that point to question or scorn you for pulling out that knife? No one.

So not only would a nuclear detonation on our soil by "terrorists" help whip our citizenry into a patriotic frenzy, it would also allow our administration to begin using tactical nukes, and of course, enact more laws to make us "safer".

The perverted side of this, which also lends credence to my theory, is the fact that I think this is sort of what Americans are either expecting or 'want' to have happen. When I say 'want', I do not mean this in the literal sense of the word. What I'm alluding to is the fact that most Americans believe we have some sort of unique destiny and are the protagonists in some dramatic novel that is unfolding before us, nuclear weapons being the next chapter. If we were to be nuked, it would be like when the hero is wrought with his most seemingly insermountable problem, but still manages to overcome it. Right now the American people are reaching a stale part of the novel and are getting ready to close the book and start reading other things, and this would disasterous for the administration, for a number of reasons.

Anyways, in conclusion, I believe that at this point, the possibility of us being nuked sometime in the near future is very high, and I'm curious to know what others think on the matter.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Yup, the election that brought out people in record numbers, the first election with a popular winner since, what - Reagan? - is viewed as a fraud.

I don't have to submit, even partially, to lunacy. And I won't. That got me married in 1988 and it'll never happen again.

Oh, for crying out farkin' loud, I can't go toe to toe with you on every unstable thought.

How about if I say I suspect you are Bill O'Reilly, you might be right, but you got there by the wrong reasons.

I do know this: Osama himself could be seen setting the timer on a suitcase nuke, could bleed enough dna evidence from that point to his escape out of the country and then could personally call some people up (not naming any names, but the board name fits!
) and admit the attack, and some people (their name might rhyme with woo-woo) would think that Dubya did it!

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Yup, the election that brought out people in record numbers, the first election with a popular winner since, what - Reagan? - is viewed as a fraud.

First of all, I did not say that the election was a fraud, because I do not have enough information to make that decision, but there are some things I do know. For one the exit polls, which are normally very accurate, showed John Kerry beating Bush in the election hands-down, not to mention all the irregularities occuring among the electronic voting machines that are easily tampered with. To say absolutely the election was a fraud is to be a fool, but to say absolutely that the election was kosher is to submit to the same sort of ignorance.

I don't have to submit, even partially, to lunacy. And I won't. That got me married in 1988 and it'll never happen again.

If you're referring to my belief that there is the possiblity that our government was responsible for the 9/11 or the Anthrax attacks, how could you not at least accept the theory? There are NUMEROUS smoking guns that occured during 9/11, the kind that point towards our administration, and the fact that you are a "Super Moderator" at a site that claims to deny ignorance, and you won't even address any of these issues, I fight that quite unfortunate.

Oh, for crying out ' loud, I can't go toe to toe with you on every unstable thought.

So you will post a bunch of drivel and try to make a mockery out of me while offering nothing substantiated to thwart what I'm saying? Well done.

I do know this: Osama himself could be seen setting the timer on a suitcase nuke, could bleed enough dna evidence from that point to his escape out of the country and then could personally call some people up (not naming any names, but the board name fits! ) and admit the attack, and some people (their name might rhyme with woo-woo) would think that Dubya did it!

*sigh* I love the fact that you believe this is a partisan issue, which also explains why you are such a close-minded individual. If you must know, I cared little for politics before 9/11, and up to that point I thought Bush was just another average President. Once I did a bit of research and some free thinking, boy did my world change, and no, this isn't a partisan issue at all. I didn't vote for Bush for the same reasons I didn't vote for Kerry: same white meat.

Anyways, good job making a child out of yourself.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What is wrong with the idea that the US government, or factions within, would detonate a nuclear device on American soil to further their agendas?

It's hardly confined to fiction, after all, they planned the killing of US citizens once before through terrorist actions to give themselves a righteous excuse to invade Cuba.
Ok, they didn't go beyond the planning stage at that time but it does show the sort of people that were, and still are, in power today.

Those at the top are more concerned with personal wealth and power than the ordinary guy in the street, who they are supposedly in office to serve. Civilian deaths are shrugged off as "collateral damage" in their campaigns so, if they treat foreign deaths that way then why should they treat American deaths any differently?

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
There are a lot of assumptions in this theory that would have to be definately true to even worry about this. But nukes? I don't think so.

Sorry, but the world is in a such a precarious state there is no way anyone would use nukes as a ploy because once the first one is unleashed, there are too many out there that would follow if for no other reason than sheer panic.

I personally do not subscribe to a lot of the theories in the post, but even if they were true, no way I buy nukes as the vehicle.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The US government did murder men, women and childern in WACO Texas. It took a small innocent child at gunpoint and placed him in the hands of a murdering tyrant in Cuba. It bombed the Chinese embassy in Bosnia while protecting Muslim Terrosit there by taking down the local leaders. Oh is this the 90's. Oh my bad. I was having a flashback.......

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
The US government did murder men, women and childern in WACO Texas. It took a small innocent child at gunpoint and placed him in the hands of a murdering tyrant in Cuba. It bombed the Chinese embassy in Bosnia while protecting Muslim Terrosit there by taking down the local leaders. Oh is this the 90's. Oh my bad. I was having a flashback.......

Your attempt at sarcasm was a success at irony.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
If a nuke was to go off on US soil it would be just the excuse the US needed to start a draft and invade Iran and Syria. And they wouldn't need to use nukes themselves. Actually, the beauty of the plan is that the whole world would be so scared the US was going to start throwing nukes around, there would be a collective sigh of relief when Bush says (after making sure the situation reached Cuban missile crisis proportions...) "we won't be using nukes because that's what the extremists want to drag us into...but we will deal with the people responsible". They could then pretty much flatten Iran and Syria with conventional weapons and the world would be so happy there is no nuclear armageddon they probably wouldn't say a word against it. The US would maybe even come out of it looking good for showing "restraint".

Maybe if the nuke conveniently went off early due to a clumsy "terrorist" in a sparsely populated area, and the bomb itself was as small as possible, loss of life could be kept to a minimum but the event would still have the desired effect.

The US isn't going to stop at Iraq. But to start on Iran it's going to need something like another 9/11, or worse.

Do I believe everything I've just typed could happen? Probably not. But then again, if you look at the oil situation in next 10-20 years and what the US has already done since 9/11.....it does make it seem more real.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Tell you what, there are none so blind as those who will not see.

I think our government was responsible for 9/11. The official story doesn't make sense when you break it down and think about it.

I used to be a major Bushie mid-2003. Then I started reading up on things...and now I think Bush should be impeached.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
Albert Einstein

if a nuclear device is triggered anywhere, its a start of world war 3, and we all know where that leads (first fifteen minutes of 2001 a space odyssey).
the last nuclear explosion in civil population was 50 years ago.
i dont think anybody today really knows what is going to happen if a nuclear bomb goes off in urban areas, in world of today (national security is insured with nuclear weapons)

if that really happens, i HOPE that things will "resolve" like curio suggested. but that would still just cause a pause, and sooner or later more nuclear devices would be triggered around the globe.
and to our dear planet, which is already not in a very good mood, more shaking and breking is not going to help.

but that kind of "ecological stuff" is not in a mind of a general.
screw the planet, nuke 'em!

...and that would be a real tragedy for our human kind.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This subject keeps poping up....

I pray every night that this will not happen....but....the way the situation is heading it is not looking good.....(get a generator, we may need em, esp. if you love the computer). Just like back a couple years ago with the electricaty being cut off to Half of North America, if this happens again that will be a sign that more is to come. When you think about it, if the power is shut down again...it's going to be very easy for the "terrorist" to do as they please.

So to answer the question....yes...it's def. coming soon, but how and when is up to them.....one way they never talk about is the use of boats with nukes on em', as I read a few months back....Bin was buying up boats....hmmm....wonder what for?....but latley have not read anything on this. who know's this time they may organize for additional attacks with the "criminal" gangs of our Urban Cities...noticed AlQuada is organizing in South America and links to street gangs....not to mention all the "heroin" (Billions of dollars) going to these criminals....so they have the connections....just with the goverment would also note these connections.

So the best thing to do is get your family prepared the best you can...and most of all...pray....for all sides....and pray for peace...for our childrens sack.

Your Canadian Friend Sven

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Unfortunately it would not surprise me if I woke one morning to the news that some area of the States had just played host to a giant mushroom cloud.

I'm not a subscriber to any theory that any nuke strike would be carried out by 'the home team' (be it some Govt stooge or *add Conspiracy Theorist's BoogeyMan-of-the-Month here*) and blamed 'conveniently' on 'terrorists'...for I don't think that would be overly necessary. All one has to do is consider what they themselves would do if some country bombed their homes and killed many of their family (be it right or wrong).

I know that if I had to witness my own family members being killed by a foriegn country, in their own homes, I'd stop at very little indeed to extract vengence upon that country...and if I had access to a nuclear device and a method of getting that device into the country responsible for the deaths of my family members...then the resulting actions would indeed be catastrophic.

The pain, grief and anger of watching your family die would indeed be a motivator for the unthinkable...for many many people who otherwise would never even consider such a thing.

And from what I see happening...you can be assured there is NO shortage of pain, grief and anger. The spark is already there. All that is required is the fuel.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Yeah somebody is gonna use a nuke, hopefully it takes out Ottawa or quebec instead.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I agree that ww3 would happen if another country nuked us, they KNOW that we would just nuke 'um back. But who do we nuke if a terrorist nukes us? I dont know, maybe Iran.. i'm sure they could weave thier little lies and suggest Iran did it.

I have a theory about the election. I think these 3 things

1: Democratz in Ohio are regular meat and potatoe (QUAIL!!) people, (some are teens and stoners) who wont wait in line for 10 hours cause theyll miss thier CSI, or they gotta go score a sac (both good reasons). But repub's... Theyd wait til hell froze over to get thier one vote out..thier one vote to stop those evil hippie Kerry Lovers

2: After the exit polls came out the repubs who weren't gonna vote, saw that Kerry would win and got into thier Hummers and drove to thier voting place.

3: Bush was always ahead by states, every update they hesistated on calling states for Kerry, maybe last minute dems lost hope and didn't go to vote??

If anything the terrorists will probably nuke the Super-Bowl if anything...

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
maybe the news in this thread have something to do with this topic?
does anybody find any relations?

i do.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I think you have some valid points kookoo. I'd have to agree with you on this one. The government is a very "unstable" thing right now. if "terrorists" nuked us that would give bush and his cronies a 1-up to say the least.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Keeping people in fear of nuclear danger is very easy way to control them.
Every time you are stripped of you rights the same answer is given - "we have to protect you against terror".
So as long as you are afraid that nuclear threat is possible, you will agree to do anything to minimize the possibility, even by giving up your freedom.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Probably it would be foolish for the techno-banker-war lobby to nuke anything profitably, other than other countries to dispose of nuclear waste, as currently in Iraq and Afghanistan in the form of depleted uranium.

Since their predictable way of doing things is to pump up the economy, then take it down for purposes of buying things for pennies on the dollar, that is the more likely scenario. In order to do it all they have to do is modify their printing of currency, as they always do. 911 was just killing two birds with one stone, doing various things at the same time, such as disposing of an asbestos laden building, while pumping up more debt in the subsequent and predicable war rationale.

No I do not think the powers that be will be very friendly to nuking the property they will be buying up at pennies on the dollar and selling in relatively short order for hundreds of times more. Look to the more predictable boom-bust cycle, but in a catastophic form other than nuclear war.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
Probably it would be foolish for the techno-banker-war lobby to nuke anything profitably, other than other countries to dispose of nuclear waste, as currently in Iraq and Afghanistan in the form of depleted uranium.

Thats one way to look at it, but all you said has only to do with money. The bush administration curtain is falling down and they need a scape goat to pull it back up. Nuking our own country/or letting it happen may be drastic but bush will do what he has to do that includes... lying, cheating, stealing, and HARMING
but if a "terrorist" nukes us then we have a reason to draw our guns, then the people won't question.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Someone will eventually set one off. I hate to even think about the thousands that will be killed. We need for our Port Authority to tighten up their inspections of the massive amounts of freight that passes through. We also need to get ahold on our borders especially the one we share with Mexico. But back to the main question... I look for one soon and I hate to admit it. Those who care of nothing that would kill thousands with the blink of an eye are already here and we must keep our eyes and ears open and to notify the authorities of anything suspicous. This is something every American can do and it would go a long way in the help of defending our great country.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join