It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koch-backed lobbying group is spreading Ammon Bundy’s lies — misspellings and all

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

A Koch-funded lobbying group is helping Ammon Bundy, the jailed Oregon militant leader, spread misleading information about federal land management agencies. The American Lands Council, which promotes legislation that would give states and individuals control of federally owned land, posted a video on Facebook accusing the Bureau of Land Management of deliberately starting fires and allowing them to burn out of control. The ALC video was ripped off from a misleading and “heavily edited propaganda video” that Bundy produced in December, reported columnist Paul Rolly, of the Salt Lake Tribune.

www.rawstory.com...

Original Article here...

So this is the source the ALC used to rile up anti-BLM opponents and enlist fees-paying ALC members. The group was co-founded by Rep. Ken Ivory, R-West Jordan, who until recently was its president, making a salary of $135,000 in 2014. Ivory has spearheaded efforts in the Utah Legislature to demand the federal government transfer control of public lands to the states and to commit millions of dollars in taxpayer funds to sue the feds over the disputed turf.

www.sltrib.com...

As I said earlier these militia morans(sic) are just crazy useful idiots for the ruling billionaire class who want to steal public land for their profit.

K~

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
More proof of a classic controlled opposition psy-ops in progress.

Blackmail, revenge, jealousy, undercover informants, etc. etc.

Now people automatically think all the militia related news is true.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Yup, look into the Wise Use Movement and that will tell you pretty much everything you need to know about this crony baloney standoff.

Gullible "patriots" unfortunately have a long history of being manipulated and exploited by lobbyist shills posing as Libertarians. Corporate interests wield these people like a weapon, literally, to the point they get them killed. All to advance an agenda that would make any true Libertarian sick to their stomach.

edit on 8-2-2016 by mc_squared because: sp

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

Thanks I'll check that out.
When this all broke I read their supporters posting links to so called BLM atrocities (burning cows & homes intentionally), I figured it was BS.

I have no qualms when you have a legit gripe with uncle sam but these militia morans(sic) are just full on fanatic freaks.
That & all their supporters just piss me the hell off.

You want to be mad about something, be mad about the ruling class of Michigan purposely poisoning the people for more profit.
Be mad about that not some tax evading thieving POS like the bundies & their ilk.

K~

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

More proof that all you can do is run from thread to thread posting the same ignorant BS ("false flag" "psy-op")
K~

(post by JohnthePhilistine removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

"But Ammon said the feds are against the Constitution, gotta go by the Constitution!"

Did Ammon read the Constitution?

"I guess he did, yes"

Did you read it?

"Uhhh ...."

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Whats the deal with their little pocket Articles, I've heard they're not standard but some reprinted interpretation?

Know about that?

K~

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I have no idea, I hadn't heard that.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Over the course of all of the posts dedicated to this situation I have been an ardent supporter of what these people were trying to accomplish believing their cause was justified and proper. But this thread caused me to investigate its sources and validation. In that process, I researched the organization mentioned, American Legislative Exchange Council, and did not realize that it is an organization I watched a documentary about some few months ago until I did a wiki search and discovered this organization to be on an the same, "ALEC".

Yes, you have brought me low with your revelation. The only fact that I take any kind of solace in is the fact that I was just one of thousands deceived during this event.

Here are a few links validating your OP

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Also, a YouTube video presented by Bill Moyer about "ALEC".

I hope the video posted properly as this is my first attempt to insert video.

Eating humble pie is a hard thing to do but, in this instance, I have to.

S&F for your revealing post.

Edit: An afterthought. Even though you have revealed the truth here, you actually revealed even more than the subject of your post. You have also revealed just how corrupted and criminal our government actually is at this point. Politicians can be bought and just too many are at this point. In that respect, peoples frustrations and suspicions of our current state is justified.

edit on 8-2-2016 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
Yes I'm well aware of "ALEC", modern day Carpet Baggers they are, though I was not aware of that connection.
Doesn't surprise though that the Hitler & Stalin financed Koch family fortune would be behind it.

K~

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The only place this can be found is on RS. So :

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

While watching my own posted video I paused and searched a few sites mentioned in the report. This is probably not very on target but I thought you may be interested in that it does mention "ALEC" as one of the primary promoters here.

www.prwatch.org...

Reform Groups Strongly Oppose Constitutional Convention - See more at: www.prwatch.org...

Efforts are being undertaken in state legislatures to pass resolutions calling for a constitutional convention to send various constitutional amendments to the states for ratification.

Some of our groups are working to have Congress approve a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United. Others are working to develop a new jurisprudence to serve as the basis for upholding campaign finance laws that could be adopted by a new Supreme Court majority.

All of our groups, however, are strongly opposed to a constitutional convention which would put at risk the constitutional rights and protections of all Americans.

The effort to call a constitutional convention to pass a balanced budget constitutional amendment is being led in part by the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), an organization consisting of corporations and conservative state legislators. Advocates of such a balanced budget amendment claim that 27 states already have passed such calls. A major effort is underway in 2016 to obtain the seven more states they believe they need to reach two-thirds of the states, the number required by the constitution to call a constitutional convention.

I don't have the initiative but might be a good lead for you to peruse.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I think they were duped patsies the same as me.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

How were you duped? Just curious... if you don't mind saying.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm still just sitting here and waiting to see if anyone will determine if the federal government owning so much land is even constitutional. That's all I really care about. The backwoods terrorist hillbillies aren't my problem and they've been dealt with, though not harshly enough.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I was duped because I have become so disillusioned and mistrusting of a federal government that, for me, has become so corrupted internationally as well as here to the point that they are no longer working for the public's best interest but purely for the interests of their own financial gratification and need to wheal power over the citizens of this nation, criminally negligent and wasteful with our hard earned tax revenue where they presume raping the citizens of their financial independence and security is a bottomless pit of unlimited resources and DO NOT GIVE A #. They are allowing this nation to be sold off part and parcel to every foreign investor that has the funds to bribe them to assist them in raping this nations physical resources, IE: land and natural resources regardless of the welfare of the citizens of the United States. The have fomented wars and unrest on a global scale for the sole purpose of establishing complete global hegemony and financial gain to the oligarchy that dominates them and their actions and have murdered countless hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people in the process and they DON"T GIVE A #....

Is that enough explanation?

PS: I could continue but what's the point.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yet, another page from the Alinsky playbook with failed government psyops, controlled opposition, oh and Democrats suck.

Endocrine electioneering.

Fallopian fallacies.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo3Foxtrot
I'm still just sitting here and waiting to see if anyone will determine if the federal government owning so much land is even constitutional. That's all I really care about. The backwoods terrorist hillbillies aren't my problem and they've been dealt with, though not harshly enough.

No, however you look at it they are certainly not meant to keep that land. This is the underlying issue that is being overlooked, intentionally or not.

Government Management of Western Lands

"...property clause of the U.S. Constitution was to dispose of public lands, not to forever retain them."

-Stan Rasmussen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join