It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.Calderon: Mexico 'won't pay a cent for Trump's stupid wall'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

F.Calderon: Mexico 'won't pay a cent for Trump's stupid wall'

That comment right there is even more asinine than what Trump said.

How does anyone in their right mind even think Trump could actually pull that off?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nah, immigration and the border with Mexico has been an ongoing problem only exacerbated by Obama policy.

Trump has offered a solution. Many here actually do not seem to want this problem solved at all and prefer status quo if not deteriorating until we are no longer sovereign or capable of determining destiny.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Nah, immigration and the border with Mexico has been an ongoing problem only exacerbated by Obama policy.

Is that why more Mexicans are leaving the country than entering it now?

Trump has offered a solution. Many here actually do not seem to want this problem solved at all and prefer status quo if not deteriorating until we are no longer sovereign or capable of determining destiny.

Actually, I prefer sensible solutions to these things. Not pipe dream lunacy.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Of course they can be made to pay for the wall, easily. Simply cut-off the foreign aid until it is paid for from money that would have been otherwise sent down their rat hole. They need us, in every way, and making them pay is a given.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Obama also offered a solution to Republicans

That solution included thousands more border patrol officers, and a mandatory country wide implementation of E-verify.

But Boehner never brought it up so the House never had a chance to vote on it.

Hence why Obama issued his executive actions to allow young people who were brought as children to receive work permits.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sprtpilot
Of course they can be made to pay for the wall, easily. Simply cut-off the foreign aid until it is paid for from money that would have been otherwise sent down their rat hole. They need us, in every way, and making them pay is a given.

So you want to further destabilize Mexico and push Mexico further into poverty.....

You do know that your solution would only serve to exacerbate our illegal immigration problem right?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Actually this thread exists to show the Mexican President's stance on the matter. Which is that Mexico won't do it. So I think that is a rather significant opinion, don't you?

You've shown that Trump has a plan to try to hold Mexican citizens' income hostage yes. Though that plans relies on the hope that Mexico will cowl to the pressure.

No it isn't. If you think this, you have a very basic understanding of international politics and standings.

Our poorness with being the number one economy in the world?

Do you mean ex presidente...........? Calderon has a right to his opinion but as of 2012 is not in charge. Its interesting that he's used to avoid showing your stance and lack of solutions to the issue, instead its just another opportunity to bash one who has offered a stance and solution.

Nope their illegal income is theirs to spend, just not via transfer to a foreign nation. Yes I say illegal because by federal law they should not be employed and the employers should be fined - that IS existing law of the land.

I understand that we are regarded as foolish unless and until another nation once again gains advantage economically or politically, then we are their best buddy - it seems you don't recognize a screwing over when being smiled at.

Number one in dollar basis does not mean we are not also number one western nation in unemployed either. I can play stats too!

The thread as started had many more elements besides just Calderon's comment so yup that opened the whole can so to speak.

Again I asked, what is your solution if any? Why specifically would Trumps leverage as detailed not work?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

They're leaving because even they are affected by this bunghole of a main street economy that's winding down very fast under our esteemed leader.

I've asked several posts now - what are those sensible solutions to counter Trumps WORKABLE solution.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sprtpilot

Bingo!!! its the use of the largesse for leverage that will have any chance of the Mexican government lifting one finger to stop illegal immigration.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

It also contained amnesty for 11-30 million depending on whose number one uses - that was a solution that contained a knife in the back to American workers - non starter that was.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

That's what the wall is for!!!!!

Let me try to understand the logic.................

We should continue to keep many Americans out of work and depress wages in order that Mexico has a better economy and maintains current TPTB in charge.

Get that about right....................?

I think I like strong border control much better and think it'll go a long ways in improving my neighbors job prospects as well as wages, not to mention my children's future prospects.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The funding and plans for the wall are already there. Issue is the current admin will not finish the project. There should be a border.

Making Mexico pay for it comes into play with using the funds that are paid to immigrate to be used for policing them. We can stop aid to Afghanistan for a year and build a wall so hi-tech it would last. Investing in infrastructure. Another thing Trump talks about but no one listens too. While Bernie wants to give away college Trump wants to invest in the country with rebuilding our failing infrastructure including the power grid and highway/rail systems.

Why is the wall such a big issue?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
First of all we all know a wall is simply not logistically possible. At least an effective wall. You can climb over it or dig under it or knock it down. Unless you are going to spend the money monitor or patrol every part of it but, that bankrupt even the US. And then people would simply go to coast where a new business of smuggling people by boat would be exploding and they will simply land them anywhere along the US coasts. Nobody with an IQ above 5 thinks a wall would really stop illegals even if you wasted trillions on it.

So Trump as President would not bother. He would say,"are you kidding me? I am President I am more important things to do. Only an idiot would be worried about a wall right now. Do not be stupid." when asked.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Snipers and land mines would be much more effective than a wall. And cheaper

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Sure.......

Cartels will try all of what you say, I have no doubt.

However that's no reason we should not close the door and make things much more difficult.

Trillions....really! Can you provide a link to back that figure up.

far as I know only place wall building is not practical is mountainous areas.

Physical wall, vibration and thermal sensors among others, drone patrol and targeted man power is easily seen as working up to 99%

Boats are easily tracked and intercepted - no real impediment there either.

So leave door wide open as it is now or close it and preserve our jobs.

I'll take the jobs any day over status quo.
edit on 8-2-2016 by Phoenix because: sp

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
On the other hand Calderon said Mexico would proudly supply the labour.....
sarc off

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ok. If we build walls on north and south and close ports,then that will keep ISIS out too. Then we would not need troops anywhere except on borders.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It is the cartels that pay to make sure that it is not complete. There would be no more tunnels or holes. You are talking a trillion dollar loss to the cartels to the South. With Cuba open now they can now come in that way.

Why not let legal immigrants get jobs before illegal immigrants?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Easy enough. Repeal NAFTA, Tariff US companies manufactured products from Mexico, Tariff Overseas goods bypassing US West Coast Ports in favor of cheaper Mexican Ports coming over the US border. Then take the 260-300 million we GIVE to Mexico annually as foreign aid and we have a lot of money for a wall.

Best wall, 20ft pipeline from the Gulf to the Pacific, routing water to the desert and use solar desalination, pump water to California and Nevada once clean.
edit on 8-2-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: The angel of light

Especially when you consider that more people are LEAVING the US to go to Mexico, than are coming in from Mexico.

From 2009 to 2014, 1million Mexicans and their families, including U.S.-born children, left the U.S. for Mexico, according to data from the 2014 Mexican National Survey of Demographic Dynamics, Pew said.

U.S. census data for the same period show an estimated 870,000 Mexican nationals left Mexico to come to the U.S., a smaller number than the flow of families from the U.S. to Mexico.

Source

Little issue with that study

By 2000, that number had grown to 9.4 million, and by 2007 it reached a peak at 12.8 million. Since then, the Mexican-born population has declined, falling to 11.7 million in 2014,

GREAT! but oh wait...

But in short: 8.4 percent of the resident adult population of the United States in 2012 was the child of a person born outside the country. That same year, 4.5 million children born in the U.S. lived with at least one undocumented parent.

source

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join