It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refuge Occupation Hold-Out Militia Member Explains Cause

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yesterday, one of the remaining occupiers of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Harney County, Oregon managed to record a Youtube video articulating the Militia's cause and calling for action.

So I clicked through expecting thoughtful summary of how they perceive ranchers have been oppressed by the BLM.

Instead, what was given was a broad list of Far-Right grievances, mixed with some serious vitriol and a call for armed uprising...

Not once was BLM mentioned. I think this offers insight into what some have claimed is a growing danger of right-wing militias looking to voice their social or political discontent through armed actions or the threat of violence.

He titles his video "When will we rise against the Enemy?"
...So expecting a rant against the BLM?...never mentioned. Who is the "Enemy"?

“these people kill babies for crying out loud sleeping their mothers wombs and they think its OK and that’s the people we are fighting against
“So all the “good” people in America and in the world need to realize that these are the people we need to get rid of
“We can’t let these people trample on us, siding with government and taking our guns”
“You see them try to take down memorials cuz there racist”
“I think people need to realize that it is time for the “good” people stand-up, bare arms and tell all these evil, trash people to piss off and we are making a stand and if they want to get in the way, we got guns…they don’t believe in guns, so we don’t have to worry about them, they don’t have guns, their stupid”
“So, instead of letting these guys verbally abuse us” “It’s time to take a stand, it’s time to fight” “It’s time to show these scum-bags who is really in charge of this country”
(On the feds)
Get out of Oregon and all the states..

“They still haven’t put Hillary behind bars”

“Its time to take a stand folks, its time to fight, its time to show these people who is really in charge of this country”

So…We have…
(1) Abortion - Pro-life
(2) Gun Control
(3) Confederate flag/confederate memorials debate
(4) Verbal abuse?
(5) Hillary Clinton not behind bars

BLM did not make the list...

All in the context of:
“for the “good” people stand-up, bare arms and tell all these evil, trash people to piss off and we are making a stand and if they want to get in the way, we got guns…they don’t believe in guns, so we don’t have to worry about them, they don’t have guns, their stupid”

edit on 8-2-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Don't fall for this psy-ops.

A little odd that he was "able" to get the message out so easily.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Indeed it is. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with this... could it?

The NDAA Legalizes The Use Of Propaganda On The US Public

The feds can and have blocked all signals to the refuge... when they so choose. If this message got out, it's because the feds wanted it to get out.

Makes one wonder why the feds haven't made any move to remove those still at the refuge, and the feds and other LE agencies continue to torment -- dare I say terrorize? -- the good people of Harney County.

Interestingly enough, I read that PPN has withdrawn their support for the remaining Occupiers. I'm not sure why exactly though.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with this... could it?

The NDAA Legalizes The Use Of Propaganda On The US Public

The feds can and have blocked all signals to the refuge... when they so choose. If this message got out, it's because the feds wanted it to get out.

Too many people not believing the government psy-ops departments would do something like this.

Very big multiple agenda operations in progress.

Big money and big political things happening right now.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Jesus, give it up on this crap. You guys call "psy-ops", "false flag", etc on anything that makes your views looks negative. Why do you feel that conservatives are full of members out to get conservatives by making them look stupid?

Why can't we just go with Occam's Razor here and say that maybe a lot of these people really are like this?

Not to single you out but I've never heard you say it's a "psy-op" whenever a liberal makes a gaff or says something stupid.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Not to single you out but I've never heard you say it's a "psy-op" whenever a liberal makes a gaff or says something stupid.

Maybe gaffs by Liberals don't need the psychological nudges of a psy-ops.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Maybe gaffs by Liberals don't need the psychological nudges of a psy-ops.

That's exactly the view I was implying you hold. Do you really feel this is an intellectually-honest position to hold?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The government is rife with megalomaniacs and psychopaths.....
This is pretty much understood psychologically....what we need is an effective way of weeding out the power trippers and self promoters and allowing earnest and caring individuals to participate without censure...
The psyops they run on us are innumerable and at every level.....
And YES they are the enemy of the people and the enemies of freedom.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It's called a cell phone. You can use it to take and send videos.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
At least he shaved his "mustache."

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Weird how when it's a story about right wing nutjobs, it's propaganda and dismissed out of hand.

But when it's a story, any story, about a liberal, it's the gospel (pun intended) and some kind of shocking revelation that should mean years in prison.

To some people, anyway.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Pretty amazing, isn't it?

This nut-job might not even know what BLM stands for...His "grievances" are simply the far rights agenda and he is calling for people to rise up with guns and get rid of the "evil trash" that doesn't hold his world view.

I am less concerned with this idiot in the video than I am with the general implications. The suggestion that guns are the way national debates should be settled and those who don't agree with you are evil trash that needs to be gotten rid of..

How is he not American ISIS?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

These guys are nutjobs, but

How many people have they beheaded?
How many children have they burned alive?
How many women have they raped?
How many people have they kidnapped?
How many cities have they taken over by killing the populace?
How many bombs have they placed on airliners?

Well, there's the knowledge of Tim McVeigh, granted. Check. But to compare these guys with ISIS in terms of what they have actually done is a bit of a stretch.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
ISIS is a big tent, including recruiters and all.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Indigo5

These guys are nutjobs, but

How many people have they beheaded?
How many children have they burned alive?
How many women have they raped?
How many people have they kidnapped?
How many cities have they taken over by killing the populace?
How many bombs have they placed on airliners?

Well, there's the knowledge of Tim McVeigh, granted. Check. But to compare these guys with ISIS in terms of what they have actually done is a bit of a stretch.

ISIS is operating in an area where they can do most of these things with impunity. People like the man in the video is not able to do the same things ISIS does because he is in America.

If America were to descend into tribal lawless regions, people like this could very well express themselves in a more ISISesque way. You can actually see this now in many 3rd-world Christian nations.

I can't say this guy in the video is that type but the rhetoric he spouts is similar to those types who would do all those things if their social environment allowed.

My personal opinion tells me that American conservative paramilitary bands roaming the landscape in some destitute dystopic future would not descend to the levels that ISIS does but it would still be pretty gnarly.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
just maaaaybe...he has a point.

GUNS are how Americans have always done things. Guns took the land from the Indians, Guns are how we got rid of the Red Coats, Guns are how we stopped the south from trying to secede.... just to name a few.

I'm not saying it's right, and I'm not saying its wrong, but guns is how 'Merica has always done.
Guns is how we will win, or lose, our next civil war, and we will have one.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

So…We have…
(1) Abortion - Pro-life
(2) Gun Control
(3) Confederate flag/confederate memorials debate
(4) Verbal abuse?
(5) Hillary Clinton not behind bars

BLM did not make the list...

All in the context of:
“for the “good” people stand-up, bare arms and tell all these evil, trash people to piss off and we are making a stand and if they want to get in the way, we got guns…they don’t believe in guns, so we don’t have to worry about them, they don’t have guns, their stupid”

This guy in this video is a crackpot.

The militia went to Oregon to support the two guys that were arrested for setting fires and was sentence twice for the same crime.

Now it has nothing to do with what the real purpose the militia were there. Now it's about everything.

This Oregon stand off has turned in to a circus, the guy in the video needs to go home, it's over.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

edit on 9-2-2016 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Jesus, give it up on this crap. You guys call "psy-ops", "false flag", etc on anything that makes your views looks negative.

There are plenty of people here who will jump on the false flag and/or psy-op bandwagon when the weather changes. Certainly whenever ANYTHING news worthy happens.

Based on my time around this place, xuenchen isn't generally one of them. Now will he eagerly stir the political sh*t pot for his own amusement? Absolutely.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This circus may become even more goofy come Thursday.

Nevada State Assemblywoman Michele Fiore told OPB Monday that she, along with other state lawmakers from western states, will be traveling to meet Bundy in Burns and in Portland.

Later in the article, Cliven Bundy reports he hasn't yet decided if he will be traveling.

I wish the last 4 holdouts would just walk out of there. The good folks of eastern Oregon don't need another horse and pony show riding into town.

top topics

join