It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUMP - 30 Supporters Explain Why They Support Him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is a fascinating snapshot of the poltical mindset of Americans in 2016

The Atlantic Article

I will just post 3 quotes you can read the rest

An egotist who will not take "no" as an answer...Trump’s objective is to prove what he has said publicly is true.

“I'm a young guy who is immature, a bit antisocial, and with no plans for kids or a wife ever. At some level, I don’t really care how things go with America as long as it’s fun to watch.”

“Wall Street, the banks, and even illegal immigrants seem to be prospering more than the average American citizen. We are desperate.”

It seems to be a coalition of the crazies in some aspects, but then.....

As this supporter says

I support Trump because I believe that he will take a management approach similar to Steve Jobs. He will sucker in talent, tell them that their work is terrible, push them to achieve beyond what they think is possible, and then take credit for their successes as he tells America, and the world, that their projects are the best thing that has ever happened. This works. It's not pretty, but it works.

edit on 8-2-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
30 Idiots dithering and drooling.

Some of those were so ridiculous it's almost unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here is why Trump gets my vote, 2 words, HILARY CLINTON. I would love to see Bernie in there but if Bern cant seal the deal then its Trump for me. And Im not a fkkn red neck, I hate red necks. Yes Trump is an ass clown, I know but look at Hilary, she makes Trump look like a saint.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The same could also be said about some Bernie supporters, does anyone watch Waters world when he goes around to schools asking them about Bernie, wow they don't have a clue, Bernie is the "in" thing for college students, most of them really don't have a clue, but I hope they pull it off.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So, why do you pick a few weird ones and leave these ones out.....

A Liberal Who Wants America to Win––“I feel that Trump is our only hope in this next election. This is coming from someone who voted for Obama in the last election!”

or this one...

Trump is Low Risk, High Reward––“I will vote for Donald Trump (and to a lesser extent Bernie Sanders) because he represents hope… And how much damage can he really do?”

or this one ...

Trump Has Successfully Run Large Organizations––“He leads an enormous, diversified organization that is worth billions. This requires leadership. Leadership, by the way, is different from knowledge. When you lead a large organization you set vision, goals and expect results. You do not know every detail of every level of your organization. You can’t. The world is just too complicated. You delegate and empower. You can get information when you need it and the president has no shortage of people ready to educate him on issues.”

Or this one

Trump is the Picture of American Greatness––“Think about John F. Kennedy or Ronald Reagan inspiring the world with leadership. Think of Babe Ruth, Martin Luther King Jr., Fred Rogers. The American 20th Century was a great one. Now think about the American headlines of today. What do you think of? War? Poverty? Political division? Do we see greatness in America still on a daily basis or even in the movies? The Trump Family is the picture of the American Dream … When Donald Trump says that he wants to make America great again, I believe him.”

The guy with the Dark Knight reference I am sure was high.....

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You can add my quote, since I am a Trump supporter:

right now we are sitting at a national debt of 21.7 Trillion dollars. You can correct my math if need be, but I am figuring that out at over 66 thousand dollars for every man, woman, and child in this country.

None of us can pay this! None of us! Sanders programs will increase this number, yet we cannot pay for it. Yes, he will raise the minimum wage, and then take it in higher taxes for all. His plans will make companies run, for some, he will make it not even worth it to do business at all in this country.

We need more companies, and more jobs. The more people than there are jobs, and the more the companies own the people. The more jobs than there are people, and you have the reverse, the people gain more control over wages and everything else, because companies then have to compete for the workers.

There is a balance in there that is good for both workers and companies. The more manufacturing, the more production in a country, the more companies are paying taxes, so even a lower rate of taxes evens out in the end.

Bernie's plan there just doesn't pan out in practice, whereas Trump learned both from Reagan's mistakes, and his accomplishments.

You should really read through Trump's plan, look at what financial advisers say, look at what is happening now and see what will happen if it gets even worse and we keep loosing companies. Then compare that to Bernies. In all seriousness, his plan sounds so pretty, but its the practice of it that does not work.

Every-time in this country that the minimum wage was raised, at first it was nice, you had more money, but in time, everything went up, prices went up, everyone elses wages went up, property values went up. And they always go up given time.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We can quote stupid people all day long, and ignore real people, or we can quote real people. I have more of my own quotes we can add to this on why I support Trump, I just chose a portion of one.
edit on 8-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

They were all idiots? Really? Are you truly being honest or simply hate Trump that much. Be honest...

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

They were all idiots? Really? Are you truly being honest or simply hate Trump that much. Be honest...

No hate whatsoever...

Ok maybe half of them were idiots.

Hyperbole isn't a sin, mata.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I could round up 30 retarded people voting for any of the candidates. There's no coherent reason to support Hillary, you don't think I could get some gem's from Ted Cruz supporters? Bernie has some idiots as well. The hard on for Trump is what's fascinating

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EightTF3

The point is he is attracting people all across the political spectrum, I've read post from people who voted for Obama twice switching to Trump. People who vote against Hillary if she wins, more than for Trump. People who supported Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012. People who say Sanders first Trump second. People that are saying "what the hell nothing else has worked in the last 16 years", despite the change promised after a 8 years of Bush, another 8 years of Obama was a considered less success than promised.
People that want real change so bad they are willing to take a chance on burning the whole place down to risk getting it.

Those that come against America would fear a Trump administration, because he has a crazy ego, backed up by the strongest military in the world, somebody would test him early, and when he over reacts turning whoever pissed him off area to ruble with conventional weapons, the world will be served don't mess with this guy. You could actually get a peace process going after that. Peace through fear and strength. They might want to make deals after one display overreaction.

I really don't want to see a crazy reality star billionaire buffoon as President, somebody who will torture anybody given the "terrorist" label.

But just maybe a crazy world needs a crazy American president.
As that video in the OP said it's the crazy ones who actually accomplish real change.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3
I could round up 30 retarded people voting for any of the candidates. There's no coherent reason to support Hillary, you don't think I could get some gem's from Ted Cruz supporters? Bernie has some idiots as well. The hard on for Trump is what's fascinating

Ding, ding, ding! Excellent reply, and your last sentence sums it all up. Too often folks fall into the trap of denigrating all candidates, except their own. It's easy to call anyone who supports anyone but your candidate crazy or an idiot. That is why it's called dirty politics. Dig up all the crap you can against your opponent and those who support them, then start slinging mud.

I love America!

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: matafuchs

Hyperbole isn't a sin, mata.

Yeah trump supporters should know

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I think it is one of the Seven Deadly sins though....

Fact is, you will always be able to find the fringe. I think many of you are in the same boat as I am when I try to wrap your head around why someone would vote for Hilary. Sanders I understand because he has a certain following and some who would not vote for Hillary but will not go to the Dark Side of the GOP.

NH will be telling for all.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton seems to scare most (all) of the Trump supporters. It is early in the primaries, why focus on Trump? There are other candidates...get out and get them in the primaries!

I am stating this as a current undecided who has until March 8th to make one decision and then November to make my final decision. I have pushed for Bernie to not see Hillary in the final election. I cannot vote for Trump, so I seeked out amongst other candidates on the Republican side and currently am hoping Kasich (moderate republican) moves up.

Believe me, my own hubby is frustrated with me! He was an adamant Trump supporter but could never support his position with real facts and sources! He has now swung around and has become enamoured with Bernie just as I have begun to realize another possibility or alternate. Ha. Round two in my household since I am now being forced to my own husband that Kasich is not 'nobody' but actually somebody who may be able to bridge the divide between parties and actually get something accomplished!

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
"TRUMP - 30 Supporters"
he will need more than That to win!

but most americans are ideot sheep.
so he may win.
but, they have another ideot to volt for.

edit on 8-2-2016 by buddha because: why not

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
"TRUMP - 30 Supporters"
he will need more than That to win!

but most americans are ideot sheep.
so he may win.
but, they have another ideot to volt for.

Trump has the largest crowds of any candidate from either side of the repub or dem rallies ... in other words slightly more than 30 or anyone else by a large margin.
Donald Trump Rally in Manchester, NH at the Verizon Wireless Arena (2-8-16)
youtu.be...

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Idiots aside,

I am hoping for Sanders vs. Trump in the general election.

My bets are on Trump!

He has no need to do this or take flak he has other than love of country, not love of government.

Sanders gets many issues right but his solutions are misguided IMHO and show love of government over country.

top topics

join