It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cam Newton bolts Super Bowl news conference ....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Hey, whatever. I, personally, don't rely on the rest of the planet to teach my family about responsible living.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

Hey, whatever. I, personally, don't rely on the rest of the planet to teach my family about responsible living.

That has nothing to do with this conversation, and is a straw man.

The conversation is about whether or not Cam Newtons behavior is something we find palatable. I don't. You do. I have given my reasons (his behavior doesn't reflect my values), as have you (you admire him because he is a maverick).

So there you have it. Im not criticising your decision to put flair before substance....it reflects a common view. I just disagree.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Um, I'm telling it like it is with me. Does that break some rule or something?

I don't consider him a maverick. He is not THAT unique.
edit on 2/8/2016 by Restricted because: +

edit on 2/8/2016 by Restricted because: caps

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Um, I'm telling it like it is with me. Does that break some rule or something?

Allow me to restate:

I just disagree.

TBH, im glad you have a different opinion. The place would be boring with us all agreeing with each other.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
On the rewatch, I think he just got disgusted with judgmental questions. In the end, the media are armchair QBs and I'm sure that is irritating as hell to the professionals.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Jim McMahon was a fanatic that played a game with a ruptured kidney.

Jim McMahon knelt down in the huddle, his kidney lacerated. The pain shooting through his body contorted his face into expressions of anguish. Yet the only thing out of his mouth was a string of profanities designed to fire up his Bears teammates. The year was 1984, the place Soldier Field. The final score would be Bears 17, Los Angeles Raiders 6. The bottom line: Another gutsy performance from the Bears` quarterback. ``I`ll never forget that,`` guard Mark Bortz said Friday after learning that McMahon had been traded to San Diego. ``He was out there and he was hurting real bad. He could barely stand up. But he was still trying to win a game for us. I mean, a lacerated kidney; come on. He was a great leader. ``Between Mike Ditka, the Bear defense and Jim McMahon, that`s what made the Bears what they are today. He did a lot of good things for this team and I don`t think we should ever forget it. People have forgotten what Jim McMahon meant to this team. It`s a shame.``

Chicago Tribune
Now that's a football fanatic.

Sometimes lunatic, Butch. Like turning your rotator cuff into an
orthopedist's paperwight; and then having the defense slam it into
the dirt a few times. Didn't stop him from celebrating a good head
butt against Covert and Jay after busting him a chain- moving hole
on 4th and short... several times I can remember. Gave me a
stiff neck just WATCHING him against NE in that '85 Super Bowl. Did
he complain at all while he was suited up? I never read about it...

I'm not saying the game is more or less dangerous than 30 or even
20 years ago.. but there were a lot of guys out there that played
half their career with pain, plenty of it. I also think of Joe Montana.

I also painfully as well; Brady's first SD overtime toss against Green Bay.
It seemed to be diluted in years of great numbers that he's still
putting up... but that was a long bad echo. And he had a pocket to
work inside most of the time on that day.

Back to the sad present:
I saw that train station kiss from Miller.. there's a character builder.
I wonder if Cam Newton is going to suck it up with the rest of them.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

That's a load of horsecrap.

Speaking as someone who competed at the Div I collegiate level for what is today a Power 5 conference school that recruits and trains Olympians, someone who trained with, competed with, roomed with and hung out with future Olympians even though I never got that high myself, that behavior is not tolerated. It makes you look like a big baby.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Could you be more specific? Where is the crap?

And don't think the macho man testosterone thing impresses me. It doesn't. I know exactly what you are now.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Heh, "doesn't like sports".

Argues about sports topic for a few pages.

God damn I love ATS.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

I'm not saying the game is more or less dangerous than 30 or even 20 years ago.. but there were a lot of guys out there that played half their career with pain, plenty of it. I also think of Joe Montana.

Before the game last night, they brought out the former Superbowl MVP's.
A lot of them looked pretty worse for wear, the way that they walked out there.

I just can't help but think that Cam Newton looked like a spoiled brat when he sat down for that post game sulk in his hoodie.... the hood of which two Panthers coaches were trying to get him to pull back off of his head as they motioned to him from the side, according to witnesses in the media.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: derfreebie

I'm not saying the game is more or less dangerous than 30 or even 20 years ago.. but there were a lot of guys out there that played half their career with pain, plenty of it. I also think of Joe Montana.

Before the game last night, they brought out the former Superbowl MVP's.
A lot of them looked pretty worse for wear, the way that they walked out there.

I just can't help but think that Cam Newton looked like a spoiled brat when he sat down for that post game sulk in his hoodie.... the hood of which two Panthers coaches were trying to get him to pull back off of his head as they motioned to him from the side, according to witnesses in the media.

Classic neurotic behavior. He was hiding. He just wanted to disappear.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Heh, "doesn't like sports".

Argues about sports topic for a few pages.

God damn I love ATS.

If you're speaking of me, I love horse racing and good all-American baseball.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
He had a shocker of a game. But why?

Illness? Maybe...

Froze? Maybe...

Money? .....

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
He had a shocker of a game. But why?

Illness? Maybe...

Froze? Maybe...

Money? .....

I didn't watch the game. Do you think he threw it?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Cam has sacrificed his body more then any QB i've ever seen play the game

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

a reply to: eeyipes

There's nothing crazy about it. These people are all big, pampered babies. Hollywood stars are the same way. Petulance is the norm.

They move in a special circle. That creates very unique personalities. These kind of people are difficult, spoiled brats.

It's the hallmark of the talented.

Weird how not all of them act like big, pampered babies.

Luke Kuechly certainly didn't, despite being a few years younger than Newton. Neither did Greg Olsen. But he's a couple years older.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

More than RGMe? Not only did he cost himself a leg, he cost himself a job and fan base. No, Cam has not "sacrificed his body more than any QB" (according to your lying eyes), as was ever evident and absolute proof that he has not given more than any QB, when in a 1-score game, late in the 4th quarter he fumbles a fumble recovery. That's tanking and being a sore loser. It dang sure isn't sacrificing your body more than any QB. Ever (again, according to your lying eyes).

Keep up on your American Football, your eyes are lying to you.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

He's a running QB who plows down most LBs and has taken several hits running the ball so how am I lying?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Could you be more specific? Where is the crap?

And don't think the macho man testosterone thing impresses me. It doesn't. I know exactly what you are now.

Umm, I'm a woman.

And we had a phrase, "Act like you've been there." That means when you win and when you lose. Act like you've been there.

Newton was up there acting like he'd never lost in a big game situation before. At his age, at his level, with his career, that's a load of crap. He absolutely has lost a big game and he should be able to handle it. No one, at any level, is beyond having to handle defeat. So he's upset over losing. So what? Everyone would expect Peyton Manning to sit out there and take questions had Carolina won. The least Newton can do is suck it up and postpone his pity party until after the press is done with him.

And you can think whatever you like about me. I only gave you some idea of my background so I could tell you that high level athletes absolutely are not above having to act like normal human beings like you claim.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Up until I saw the interview, no.

But that was a man with something to hide IMHO. Hood up, evasive, left abruptly... all signs of suspect behavior

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join