It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what classes do you take?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Imagine how confusing this is for an 18 year old fresh out of high school?

I can't even get any clear answers.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

well the say that the healthcare field is a promising career to go for, but think about just how many other confused 18 year olds are hearing the same thing, and taking the same advice, how many years have they've been saying it. so, well, a good portion of the 18 years, take that advice, as they have done in prior years... it's quite possible that by the time you graduate, the market might be so full of eligible candidates already, the jobs might not cover them all. when the recession hit in the late 70's early eighties, many of the employment commissions in the northern states were telling the unemployed to go to tx, there were jobs in tx!! only some got the word too late, by the time they got there, reagan had come into office again, the oil was flowing more freely from the middle east and they were capping all the wells, and the jobs dried up.
the point i think I am trying to make is that unless you have a crystal ball and can foresee into the future, 2, 4 or 6 years down the line, the world might be very different before you are trained for whatever you chose. there are no guarentees. and that world is changing oh so much faster now. so, there is no clear answer. best advice is to decide what you are good at, what you enjoy doing, look where everyone else is going, and maybe head in an opposite direction? and sit back and think a few moments at just how the internet, robotics, and other technology has changed the world, and how it will continue to change it. technology is replacing alot of jobs, but it is also opening up new opportunities also. you need to try to see the trends that are forming in the world and kind of predict where they will be in the future.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
Maybe not quite just out of high school, but merely my second semester of college now and in regards to careers and the like it is not clear.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: dawnstar

Imagine how confusing this is for an 18 year old fresh out of high school?

I can't even get any clear answers.

If earning power is important, go for anything STEM related where your job cannot be outsourced, alternatively go to law school (but be prepared to hate life, law school is no fun and lawyers have the lowest job satisfaction of everyone in the country). If earning power isn't important, there are a lot of interesting fields but you'll never break the median income barrier.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
You truly know how to make someone feel great about their futures.....
Not to be taken the wrong way of course, but just...damn, don't see any prospects. Just got more terrified of life. But, things somehow work out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join