It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We saw a shadow figure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure I can be of any help, but it doesn't sound like whatever this was meant any harm. It just sounds like some creature not natural to this world that was somehow in the vicinity and sensed or noticed that your friend was sick. Became curious and came to investigate and help, if it could.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
wow, interesting indeed. I must say, like others in this thread, i've heard a lot of shadow figure stories but none with the figure ever saying anything let alone anything that could be interpreted as "nice" or "caring" .

usually shadow figures are associated with the negative. and the fact that it asked if you were ok would make it seem as though it weren't just some residual or imprinted thing hanging out there. but, something with an active thought process or some form of awareness to its surroundings.

wonder what would have happened if your friend said he wasn't ok? lol. would the figure have helped him out some how?

good stuff, thanks for sharing.

I also have wondered what would have happened. Maybe it would of took him.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I've often thought of that,my late adoptive dad passed on some months before.He was at work that day,died of a massive heart attack-in the arms of one his lifelong best friends,for which i shall always be grateful,that he wasn't alone in the fields that day.I was at an athletics meet that day,was happy+ cheerful enough when we arrived but soon after started getting this truly horrible feeling that i could just not shake, no matter how my bestie tried to cheer me up.

When i got home i got the urge to listen to a certain song in the Swahili language,and i played it over and over till someone came to us with the news of his departure.Only in recent years i really thought about the lyrics,there was a message for me in there

So its not impossible it may have been him.In fact i chose to think so,for many years.Im an abductee though so i have to bear that aspect in mind too+plus there's an omniverse of beings out there- but i sure hope it was him

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

That vehicle bit reminds me of something my firstborn's nanny once told me.She was waiting for a minibus-taxi,the main form of transportation in my country aside from cars.I used them too,i was a working single mom at the time.

So she's waiting by the bus stop,used for municipal buses and the taxi's,and she's keeping an eye out for a taxi.She sees a black taxi approaching and quickly dips into her bag for her purse.As she looks up,its Gone.And on that road there was no other place for it to go,and it had not passed her either,one could see far in both directions.That quite shook her up at the time.
edit on 9-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: Added

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Of course it counts! Thank you for taking the time. I want to add my experience too but I will be busy for a couple of days.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntoast
The amount of fear that went thru my complete whole body after thinking ,I wasn't gonna see a figure or anything, was real. My heart almost burst out my chest

Sounds similar to what being in the presence of a wraith does to a mortal body in the Angel Prison - Tartarus.

Did it have black smoke rising off its body ? If yes, then it was a djinn. If not then it was a shade.

Had on attached to my body since 15 months old.

If CERN's primary aim is to open portals to the dark world, then more of these events will occur. Interesting how the world economy has gone to sh1t since scientists started using lead particles in CERN collisions.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Some government type of entity. If they can make large aircraft do it, it's a safe bet they are trying it on people, probably even buildings and many other things.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

originally posted by: burntoast
The amount of fear that went thru my complete whole body after thinking ,I wasn't gonna see a figure or anything, was real. My heart almost burst out my chest

Sounds similar to what being in the presence of a wraith does to a mortal body in the Angel Prison - Tartarus.

Did it have black smoke rising off its body ? If yes, then it was a djinn. If not then it was a shade.

Had on attached to my body since 15 months old.

If CERN's primary aim is to open portals to the dark world, then more of these events will occur. Interesting how the world economy has gone to sh1t since scientists started using lead particles in CERN collisions.

No smoke at all just a shadow was just standing there up right Whn I saw it while leaving the shoulder on the highway.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: wingsfan

Some government type of entity. If they can make large aircraft do it, it's a safe bet they are trying it on people, probably even buildings and many other things.

Aaah, I see. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Dreamingofthings

It just sounds like some creature not natural to this world that was somehow in the vicinity and sensed or noticed that your friend was sick.

I'm leery of that concept as the entity asked if he was alright. It could well be a very intelligent being who's been here a while, I guess...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: wingsfan

you're saying if they can make large aircraft invisible then why not people? well i mean that's certainly been talked about for a while now and it has been said that such devices have been miniaturized down to a small pack that can be worn on a persons belt. That was the technology they supposedly had in the 70's, 80's, 90's. But, if you've ever heard of project Chameleo or the book Chameleo, personal invisibility has come a long way making even more portable.

Anyway, what purpose would a government type entity have being on the shoulder of a highway during the middle of the night? And additionally, those aforementioned invisibility devices wouldn't make someone appear to be a shadow whose color is blacker than midnight. They would just be invisible.

Seems like a classic shadow entity. And what those are is anybodies guess. Jinn, spirit of the departed, some entity on the edge of our reality. Some kind of entity sharing the same space as us, just not visible normally to us. Something outside the spectrum of our sight.

I don't however think it was a demon or anything negative, which is the most odd part for me considering it asked if he was okay. That's the strangest part. It seemed friendly and showed concern. WTF is that about?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
We’ve had multiple experiences shared so far, all of them different. That’s what makes it interesting. I didn’t know there was even a name for such things. In fact, I had all but forgotten this until I saw that word. This gives a name to 1/3 of an experience I had. My experience begins just a little closer to the experience of Raxoxane, but just a little. I like his (her?) outcome better though.

I was around seven or eight at the time and spending the summer with an aunt and her husband in Northern California in the late ‘50s. They had a house on a steep hill side, situated in a spot where car lights could not have contributed to what I saw. At night I would sleep on the couch in the living room. This room was a portion of a longer room that had a dinning room portion to the left of the couch and beyond it. On the far right side corner of the dining room, there was an open doorway which led into the kitchen.

I would often wake up in the middle of the night and I would just sit there and look at the patterns on the stones of the fire place across from me. The stones filled up the entire wall, so I could do this for a long time until I got tired and went back to sleep.

I had been thus occupied, when out of the corner of my eye, I noticed something that seemed to move in the doorway of the kitchen. I wasn’t alarmed by it. I was just curious, so I turned my attention towards the doorway. I witnessed what looked like a dense fog type of shape, not as high or as wide as the doorway. There were no distinguishing features. It was shaped sort of like a very fat bullet, with fuzzy straight sides and sort of a rounded top. It seemed to be illuminated, but barely, and I could not tell if this was from within or from some sort of reflection. I watched while this thing moved slowly to the left, beyond the open doorway, and then slowly move back again to the right, and then move a third time to the left, out of my site of vision. It didn’t bounce, meaning bobbing up and down the way one would expect if there were a person involved. It just silently and slowly seemed to float back and forth.

I was sort of mesmerized by looking at this. I still wasn’t afraid but my curiosity was heightened by it. I kept looking to see if it would pass again. In fact, wow, this is sort of weird, but just now what came to me was the clear memory that I was wondering if the jar of Oval-teen that I coveted in the kitchen, and would privately dip into when no one was around, was okay, since that cabinet was not far from this fog thing.

As I continued watching towards the kitchen door, I then became aware of a "shadow" that moved across the dining room, from right to left. Except for the fact that it ignored me, I automatically assumed that it was my Uncle Johnny, and I was sort of relieved to see it. It was the clear silhouette of a tall male with strong features, sort of like the picture cutouts that were popular many years ago. I didn't want to wake my aunt so I tried to whisper out to it, "Uncle Johnny? Uncle Johnny?" But it didn't seem to know that I was there. I was more hurt than alarmed. After a moment, it passed across the room again, this time from left to right. Again, I called out to it and again I was ignored.

At that point, I did begin to become a little alarmed and I tried to stare at it as it moved. Two things seemed odd. One was that it moved too smoothly, sort of like that grey foggy thing, as if it weren't using legs to move. Plus the edge of the silhouette was way too sharp, as if it really were one of those cut out pictures, only life size. The other was that it was way, way too black. It was not illuminated in any way by the ambient light. It was only by the absence of ambient light, in the portion of the room where there was ambient light, that it could be seen, so I would lose track of it, except for when it was on the right side of the room. This shadow was the crisp and literal opposite of light, and the third time it passed, from right to left again... this time I chose not to speak.

With my attention now on the left side of the dining room, I became aware of a sort of neon colored small light in the upper far left corner of the dining room. At first I couldn’t make out what it was, but then it seemed to get larger; say, just shy of one foot in diameter but it still remained in that upper corner of the room. It looked like a face, made of bent neon lighting tubes, that was mostly two very large and slanted eyes. Around these eyes, sort of where the edge of a face would be, seemed to be swirling lines. They weren’t moving in a swirling fashion but were swirly in design. Perhaps both are true. I’m trying to remember better but can’t because this thing started to grow larger rather rapidly and began to move towards me and, like the other poster said, I thought my heart might jump out of my chest.

These things happened very quickly. Between this thing and me, that was moving towards me in a straight line, was a doorway on the left that was between the living room and dining room portion, which led to a small hallway and to my aunt and uncle’s room. In my warp speed fear, I became even more afraid of the consequences, imagined or otherwise, of what would happen if this thing passed that doorway, meaning it would now be only two feet from me and between my aunt and uncle, especially since the face was now about three feet in diameter and, unlike the shadow figure that didn’t seem to know that I was there, this thing was looking straight at me.

While I have never been one to scream, even when I seriously tried to, as this thing approached the other side of that open doorway, I did manage to shout out, “Auntie Lila! Uncle Johnny!” In no time they were both bolting through the doorway, in a collision course with this thing, and I shouted, “Look out! It’s behind you!” They jumped and looked about but there was nothing there. By then they had switched on the lights and I don’t know who was more upset, them or I, but I was comforted and warned to be quiet and to go back to sleep.

Of course, I really wasn’t comforted. I’m still not. But there does seem to be a symbolic pattern of comforting people, warning them to be quiet and to go back to sleep.

As you might guess, I have wondered about this over the years. Some theories come and go, but the two that seem to tag along with me in my old age is the idea that this may have been some sort of test, to see what it would take to scare me. I don’t mean in a rude, mean sort of way, but more as an experiment. I’ve often felt that if I had yelled when I saw the shadow, it would have ended there. If I had yelled at the first glimpse of that fog, it would have ended there. But this doesn’t fit with the projection of what would have happened if I had not screamed with that third manifestation.

Later on in life, as I began to read about poltergeist activity or telekinesis, I wondered if my own fear may have fed a bit of “life force” into some odd pleomorphic entity. That makes shallow sense at first, but again, there was no fear to begin with so why the initial manifestation?

What’s that old saying? “The Shadow knows.” Maybe. Maybe not. I do know that I didn’t imagine this, though. That much I know.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join