It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Army troops going to a town 20 km close to Turkey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Radikal News and other popular press like BBC Türkiye is saying this right now. They say that they are going there to defend the town from the illegal weapon transport and fight the terrorists. The news says they are 7 km close to the Tel Rifat town (Syrian Land); but I recon they have reached there by now.
News link

If those terrorists attack or accidently fire a bomb into the Turkish border, and if Turkish respond, then Syrian will respond as well.
There you have your WW3 then.
edit on 7-2-2016 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hey...You Mean Turkey has crossed the Syrian border with troops???
The Rooskies were saying the other day that the turks were massing an invasion force.....
You are right on the money if they have in fact invaded.....
Even if its mere kilometers within Syria.....
The plan would be to take ground in increments rather than full out invasion.....
Like the turks did in Iraq...with their anti terrorist base inside Iraqi territory...
The Turks are finally showing their true agenda...they want the Ottoman Empire back......
The situation can escalate swiftly now.....developments may come one right after another.....
WW3? perhaps.....

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
oops....sorry bout that....

edit on 7-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

The Syrian army are struggling with ragtag groups such as Isis or al Qaeda , even with the added bombing efforts- as if they can Goto war with turkey, that's laughable. This is hyperbole nothing more

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

No no; the Syrian troops are going to their own town to deal with their own issues over there. No Turkish army involvement in that area. The situation is in Syria. But the town is so close I mean =) And nowadays everything can be misunderstood.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
the syrian army [and rightly so] can go where ever they like in syria.
i guess i dont understand.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

ragtag?

The groups fighting in Syria are anything but. They are trained and well armed by the WEST.

Look at the US in Iraq, look how much they struggled against Iraqi insurgents for years..

An army whom doesn't wear a uniform, is well dug in, well supplied, well armed is a formidable foe.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Oh I get it...sorry for the misunderstanding.......with Turkey supposedly amassing troops on the Syrian border (As Russia has accused)
The collision may be inevitable between the two forces.....And yep the chances of exchanges of fire get greater when their proximity is closer....Artillery from both sides are well capable of over shoot far enough to cause problems if it happens...
Both Turkey, And Saudi govs have offered to send troops within Syria lately as well...
In fact the Syrian Army may be moving to the town you mention to pre-empt any invasive move by Turkey should it happen....

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

If a bomb lands on Turkish lands which comes from a Terrorist group; and Turkey responds back with the same kind of weapons, the Syrian troops can join in easly by saying "this is our land" and these are all a chance and a right both sides have which can create an issue for both sides and possibly maybe WW3

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

No dude you are sorely mistaken and bent from your biased perspective, I was 11bravo I was in during 2007, we took Iraq in six weeks in 2003, while we were there no group held any ground ,instead they hid among the civilians and watched our troop movements to ambush with ieds.

We never had front lines we marched into the heart of Iraq never lost any ground, and basically these people waited until we left to truly surface, and the generals in the Iraqi army we disposed of, but decided to set free instead of kill or use, formed the ranks of Isis one of the largest strategic failure ever made.

Rooting out an insurgency is hard I'll agree, but this Syrian army can't beat a ragtag army, so to suggest it could take turkey, or the potential even exists for a war between the two,is laughable. Say what you want about the U.S, hate it for all I care, even go on to say our mission objectives failed. Regardless no one fights the U.S head up only a fool would do that.

With all that said at least the Syrian army wears uniforms got to respect that, but they can't progress into Isis held territory, and when they do Isis starts an insurgency. They are still fighting battle lines they haven't even begun to fight a true insurgency/police war.
edit on 7-2-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

No dude you are sorely mistaken and bent from your biased perspective, I was 11bravo I was in during 2007, we took Iraq in six weeks in 2003, while we were there no group held any ground ,instead they hid among the civilians and watched our troop movements to ambush with ieds.

We never had front lines we marched into the heart of Iraq never lost any ground, and basically these people waited until we left to truly surface, and the generals in the Iraqi army we disposed of, but decided to set free instead of kill or use, formed the ranks of Isis one of the largest strategic failure ever made.

Rooting out an insurgency is hard I'll agree, but this Syrian army can't beat a ragtag army, so to suggest it could take turkey, or the potential even exists for a war between the two,is laughable. Say what you want about the U.S, hate it for all I care, even go on to say our mission objectives failed. Regardless no one fights the U.S head up only a fool would do that.

sorry 'dude' - i mean.. being what ever army unit you were you'd have no ''bent biased'' either.. would you?

What would you call Fallujah until you beat the crap out of it in 2004? .. just because you marched into Baghdad in 2003 in 6 weeks doesn't mean you took Iraq. You were being engaged all the way until what.. 2009? Look at the mess you left it in.. (not you personally, but the invasion in general)

This Syrian Army has been holding on for years against a well trained, armed and western backed militia that has used chemical weapons. No matter your ''bent biased'' and whether you swallow the US Governments official BS about Assad, you cannot deny Syria has surprised everyone. ISIS and the militia's in Syria are not rag tag like you say they are.

Maybe Syria couldn't beat Turkey on its own (especially now after its been fighting a bitter war for years..) but Its not just Syria any more is it. Its Russia as well..

.. just the same way it isn't ''Turkey'' any more, its Saudi and the US with Turkey.

being on the winning side does not mean your on the right side!

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Of course it makes me bias, sometimes I get emotional when I hear the national anthem, given the opportunity id probably drape "her" in an American flag after we get done playing the squeezbox. I admit that openly, and say what you will but that's where I stand and will always stand (humorous patriotism but with truth)

I digress, to act like the U.S didn't take and hold Iraq is some form of reality denial, we fought a police/insurgency war and made a series of critical mistakes over time that i admit upon leaving (which we left to soon) resulted in this quagmire. Having said that Syria is not the same military and I don't have a hatred for them, in fact I can't see a side that's right perhaps a side that's more right (Syrian army) but it's a cluster # and unfortunately the civilians who want a better life are oppressed by war and devistation everywhere.

I agree on the proxy war points as well, once again Syria is still fighting battle lines and hasn't truly begun the insurgency/police war for that to occur they first need to hold all of Syria, and with that said fighting turkey is a pipe dream.
edit on 7-2-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

being on the winning side does not mean your on the right side!
I sold my soul to the devil. For how much?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
We are looking at major players here.....
Sure Syrias army is shot to # and battle weary.....
But Hezbollah and the Iranian Guard, as well ass their Baji militia, and Russia are in Syria.....
Israel is facing Hezbollah increasingly on the Golan....
The old patterns have shifted.....
That's why the Saudis and Turkmen contemplate ground incursion in Syria....
Syria is getting set up for a carving....
Some to Turkey, Some to Israel, Some to Lebanons Hezbollah....A chunk for the Kurds...which will bring Turkey to the point of Invasion for sure....
The whole thing is set for a rapid and violent rearrangement of borders.....

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
On another page it says "Syrian Military is preparing 150k Ground Troops by March for a drill; Cnn claims." Lol. It is such an easy thing for them. I don't know why Cnn is very suprised by this.

Link

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
Heres another source OP.......

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
Our current Admin pulled the troops out of the area so fast (for political reasons) they refused the time to scuttle or remove the equipment.In fact , I want call any names , didnt even allow time for military transports for the troops or equipment. They were pulled mostly on civilian airliners. All those weapons , equipment , vehicles just left behind for anyone to take. And they did

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Any chance it will interfere with Turkey's mis use of Daesh's oil supply? Syria is pulling back against all the odds mounted against it by Western countries with agendas of their own.

I hope the Syrians get their country back soon and can start to rebuild it.

Turkey seems to be playing both sides of the coin and I wonder how far it will stretch to accommodate its different allegiances?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
So they're Syrian army in Syria? Why do I care? Turkey should be out of NATO on on their own already
edit on 8-2-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
WW3 only becomes an option if NATO comes in to support Turkey.
If Turkey are going rogue on this, and doing the invading themselves, then NATO has every reason to stay out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join