It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Tells Berniebros To Knock It Off — ‘We Don’t Want That Crap’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Wait a min, I am beginning to think Bernie Bros is not a thing, yeah ah know I am kinda slow in the conspiracy dept.
edit on 8-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Wait a min, I am beginning to think Bernie Bros is not a thing, yeah ah know I am kinda slow in the conspiracy dept.

You are right, Berniebros is not a thing, it is a media creation designed to deflect criticism against Clinton as "sexism". The internet has filled with these claims in the past week in response to the "issues" memes that have popped up over the past weeks.

www.houstonpress.com...

These memes are not sexist. They reflect a public image of the public persona of Sanders (progressive, probably more in tune with pop culture and hipster ideals) vs. Clinton (institutionalist, somewhat out of touch with the populace). It's not a gender thing. This is no different than last fall's media trend to paint Clinton as the "black lives matter" candidate while Sanders is the "cranky old white guy who is faking it." Why? Can anyone substantiate this with a single fact?

The reality is, big media is all kinds of uncomfortable with the potential of a Sanders administration. The media also sees that times are ripe to stir up irrational outrage on grounds of race and gender. Perfect solution - paint the candidate most likely to address issues that effect minorities and women as an opponent to their cause. It's a brilliant piece of fraud.

The saddest thing is that people are eating it up. Keep grazing, keep bleating.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: meanpete

The “Bernie Bros” Narrative: a Cheap Campaign Tactic Masquerading as Journalism and Social Activism

The concoction of the “Bernie Bro” narrative by pro-Clinton journalists has been a potent political tactic — and a journalistic disgrace. It’s intended to imply two equally false claims:

(1) a refusal to march enthusiastically behind the Wall Street-enriched, multiple-war-advocating, despot-embracing Hillary Clinton is explainable not by ideology or political conviction, but largely if not exclusively by sexism: demonstrated by the fact that men, not women, support Sanders (his supporters are “bros”); and

(2) Sanders supporters are uniquely abusive and misogynistic in their online behavior. Needless to say, a crucial tactical prong of this innuendo is that any attempt to refute it is itself proof of insensitivity to sexism if not sexism itself

sourc e

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Sure Clinton is gonna use this to her advantage, she needs to resort to dirty politics but I doubt it will have much affect on Sanders, hell, maybe do just the opposite making people like him more and her less!

That said, I think I may have found the source of Bernie Bros, well according to one journalist from The Atlantic.

It's Not Just Berniebros
I coined the term—now I’ve come back to fix what I started.

O reader, hear my plea: I am the victim of semantic drift.

Four months ago, I coined the term “Berniebro” to describe a phenomenon I saw on Facebook: Men, mostly my age, mostly of my background, mostly with my political beliefs, were hectoring their friends about how great Bernie was even when their friends wanted to do something else, like talk about the NBA.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join