It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason I stopped posting on ATS

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
They are blocking me from posting in the 'fantasy and science fidtion section' - they should - better fo get people to
'lock horns' with each other - Why create anything
- Truth is Man is incapable of creating

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

― Albert Einstein

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: Razmijix
a reply to: On the level

Exactly. And it's become more political than it used to be. It used to have more threads on UFOs,ancient civilizations and just general fringe stuff. Now it seems to be all politics and current events.

I have to agree with you on the political stance.

I hate that part of ATS now. It's too divisive.

Totally agree. I'm more of lurker myself, but I came to ATS looking to find the stuff that was "beyond" the lowly divisive mudpit that is two party politics towards a place for the thorough research and discussion of new possibilities. Science and technology, aliens and UFOs, Conspiracy theories, anomalies, lost civilizations, space exploration....What drew me to ATS (even as a lurker) was that it was a place where speculation could be put forward and rigorously researched by people of every conceivable opinion on the subject...it would get heated, but it was always at its core about people exploring and debating the topic together. The ATS I love is a place where the ultimate "Fox Mulder" conspiracy theorist (who could raise fascinating alternative hypothesis and curiosities that would otherwise remain lost under the "mainstream radar" and uninvestigated) and the most hardcore of skeptics (not the lazy kind that just dismiss new ideas...the true skeptics that dig deeply into the evidence and hold all claims to equal scientific scrutiny and demand quality evidence) could come together and speculation could be rigorously discussed...it was a forum for every possible perspective on these topics, different in so many ways but united by common curiosity to uncover the truth in whatever form it may take. As an aspiring scientist (many of whom's curiosities lie in the unsolved and unknown), I say with pride that much of the best research I can find on all this stuff has been made right here on this very website. Unfortunately, I think the political game of all these personalities and figureheads slugging it out inevitably sparks the opposite kind of discussion from the virtues previously listed. I still love ATS, and many of the very things I just praised are still here. Unfortunately though, politics doesn't spark exploration of possibilities, rather the kind of superficial "taking it too personally" anger that makes the many of the anomalous topics that drew us all to this forum continue to go unnoticed. After all, for many it is easier to think about the soap opera theatrics of politicians than about science or the mysteries science has yet to explore. On the conspiracy end of things, this makes things even worse as disinformation is put out by a public too busy arguing over which politician said the nicer speech. A bit of rant, I know...like most of you, I'm hoping that after this election circus is through, we will see the ATS we all know and love.

PS: All that said, I do think current events has its place on ATS, especially with things the mainstream corporate media won't look at. But a lot of the politics here has become the same mud slinging antics we would see on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, or any of the other cable garbage. I'm good with current events, but I didn't come here to hear more about these presidential clowns...at the very least, it shouldn't eclipse the stuff that made me join this site.
Just my two cents
thanks for reading

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
I like how this site includes so many different topics and not only conspiracy topics. The variety is good for the mind.
One of the main reason's I've joined is because of the Moderators keeping posts amongst members civil.
I have started to read really fascinating, out there threads that have been pulled and never found out why, but I keep coming back.
When I first started lurking, a little over a year ago, I found out about Ebola before the news and that was a hot topic for awhile.
I think the upcoming US presidential election is a hot topic because it's what's going on right now. I'm waiting to see this political stuff die down and move on to the next hot topics. Hopefully it's something other than a pandemic.
Alien contact? Human trip to Mars? Bigfoot found? Who knows what the future holds!

I'm very excited to see what you come up with

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I wanna thank the staff

They ve for sure put a lot of effort since this thread ! Applause from me

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I see a number of people mention other sites of similar nature, can someone U2U me some links? Id be keen to check them out.

thanks!

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join