It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason I stopped posting on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Razmijix

I haven't been here nearly as long as you, Raz...

But even I can attest to the changes, or shift in interest, since 2011...

Politics was not nearly as common, or at the forefront like it is in this day and age.

I don't know what could have caused the shift, I think after 2012 the doom and conspiracy was worn out and people started falling back into the narrative of our rulers instead.

Still, I agree with you & TrueBrit, if it wasn't for ATS, I'd probably be on a mental ward slapping s# all over some padded wall.

I wonder how many of us can claim sanity still thanks to ATS.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Razmijix,

I get where you are coming from, and if that is truly the case, there is only one way to actually effect things. Make posts which force the OP to think about their material in new ways, and make threads which force posters in your thread to think along different lines than they are used to. That is what I come here for, and it seems that it is what you come here for as well. But you see, things will always remain different than you would like them, unless you participate in matters the way you want to see others participate. Your sole control is over your conduct, and your participation, so make an example of yourself!

You know the ropes already, and if you want this ship turned around to a new course, you need to get up that rigging and move some sails around! We all do! Let's keep our house in order!

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: anxietydisorder

I don't know exactly what is wrong with ATS, but I used to enjoy it a lot more than I do now. I think the politics of the current Presidential cycle has made it less appealing. Hopefully after the idiots that support Sanders / Trump etc are done with their threads it will get better.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That's some sound advice TrueBrit

But I didn't make this thread. I'll always come to this site. Always. Like I said,had it not been for ATS I'd be locked away in a padded room somewhere. ATS will get back on course.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I haven't been here nearly as long as you, Raz...

But even I can attest to the changes, or shift in interest, since 2011...

Politics was not nearly as common, or at the forefront like it is in this day and age.

I don't know what could have caused the shift, I think after 2012 the doom and conspiracy was worn out and people started falling back into the narrative of our rulers instead.

Still, I agree with you & TrueBrit, if it wasn't for ATS, I'd probably be on a mental ward slapping s# all over some padded wall.

I wonder how many of us can claim sanity still thanks to ATS.

You have a good point about the whole 2012 doom hoax. Never thought about that.

And yeah,I do thank ATS for helping me keep my sanity like most of us here do

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hopefully after the idiots that support Sanders / Trump etc are done with their threads it will get better.

You're forgetting/ruling out that one of those two is going to win...

Which will only ensure another 4 years of it.

Our only hope is a Hillary win.
No fans on ATS it could be the shining light to the division we currently face as a site.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

No, it was a fantastic forum, and you're really the last person I want to offend. But it's true that my recipe for owl soup was removed because a mod thought eating an owl was wrong for some reason.

Nothing here is contrived, but it was the level of detail that I identified the owners that disturbed you. As I recall I identified your computer, city, and had an image of you posted in the thread. There was also the maps and sat images of XXXXXXX that showed Simon's home, along with other details. No false information was ever posted by me, I was just too thorough in my investigation, and that made some people uncomfortable.

I do understand the tragedy of Sandy Hook, and I know it was horrific, but it still has a place. Even if it can be used as a catalyst to bring up gun control in a nation gone mad, it should be talked about so those of us that deplore this sort of violence have a voice against those that deny the facts of this tragedy. I urge you to reconsider your position on this.

The rules, I was here, and I agreed with them. But it was the incremental and often arbitrary rulings of the hierarchy of mods that started to cause a decay in the foundation of what ATS was.

I really do hope your numbers are doing well, and you don't hold any criticism against me for bringing this topic forward. I want to be a part of this community, but read the thread. There is some dissatisfaction in the ranks, and I thought it would be better to open it up for discussion than just walk away.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I've been reading and lurking on other sites that are similar.

Would you be kind enough to share? If not, I understand. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Sure.

I've always been more of a lurker. I'll read the information posted and absorb it like a sponge. I go to a discussion group locally where we talk about topics like that are posted here. Over a decade of lurking. Wow,that's crazy now I think of it.

But,as TrueBrit said, perhaps I should become more involved and make my own threads.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I get frustrated A LOT. I just log out and visit from time to time.

I've been hanging around since about 2005 or so, so disappearing into the woodwork is no biggie.

Take a break, then come back with new eyes.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Razmijix
a reply to: On the level

Exactly. And it's become more political than it used to be. It used to have more threads on UFOs,ancient civilizations and just general fringe stuff. Now it seems to be all politics and current events.

It's the political and news threads I come for; As ATS gets a lot of news the msm doesn't even try to cover. Especially international news from members outside the US.

And for pure entertainment; you just can't beat the threads by our totally psychotic members.
edit on 7-2-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Exactly. And it's become more political than it used to be. It used to have more threads on UFOs,ancient civilizations and just general fringe stuff. Now it seems to be all politics and current events.

It's the political and news threads I come for; As ATS gets a lot of news the msm doesn't even try to cover. Especially international news from members outside the US.

I like the weirdo occult stuff, UFO's, Simulation Theory. Lots of great old threads to read.

Before you say it, the SEARCH function has always worked great for me.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And for pure entertainment; you just can't beat the threads by our totally psychotic members.

Everyone has their preferences. Nothing wrong with that. There used to be a perfect mix of all of everything. But for now,it's mostly political.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
LOL.

Feel better?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

I think it would be best to keep links to other site off a thread like this. My intention isn't to drive traffic elsewhere, but to start a discussion on how we can improve what we already have.

Maybe put that stuff in a private message if you want to share links.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Anything after 03 was garbage. hah.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxietydisorder

The members are ATS, and we provide everything of interest that draws people to this site. What do you think they should do to keep us coming back?
Throw out some ideas people, because I would hate to see this site disappear, it's a warehouse full of information I'd hate to lose.

I can agree with that easily enough, some of the arbitration, (not all) since it is here, is pretty pathetic.
The trouble in that is, at the end of the day, it's the same as you might expect in the street.
Stuff can disappear too, and you wonder, (to yourself) why, if this is a site about conspiracy, concealment blah blah, from any source.
I'd love to say for you, come into the parlour, but it's not my parlour.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I've been here long enough to remember your very public beheading. The people gathered at the square for that entertainment.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxietydisorder

originally posted by: donktheclown

I think it would be best to keep links to other site off a thread like this. My intention isn't to drive traffic elsewhere, but to start a discussion on how we can improve what we already have.

Maybe put that stuff in a private message if you want to share links.

Agreed. Exactly why I mentioned no site names. I also want to see the site improved. It's easy to get frustrated.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join