It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Hillary wins what pay does she receive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Something I just thought about. Since Hillary is a person that gets a retirement income from the government, since she served as head of the State Department. What happens to her pay if she becomes the POTUS? Basically she is back at work full time in a different position. Does she lose her retirement pay? Then what does she receive after she is done with the POTUS position? I don not think she can double dip and collect both State Department and POTUS pay?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Interesting question.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
To be honest, if Hillary Clinton (approaching 70) is the best that America can offer, and Trump (approaching 70), then God Help America.

Whatever happened to generational politics?

I have no problem with age per se, but I think a counties leader needs to be (ahem) younger.

Botox?
edit on 7/2/2016 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Hopefully that question never gets answered.

I would imagine though, that it would work out the same as Colin Powell or even better Eisenhower. However their pay worked out after retiring from military service.

But I can't be bothered to look it up right now.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'd love to see net worth charted for Politicians before and after serving our great Country.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Can I just say...more than she deserves. Her only pay should come from punching out license plates, and then only enough to barter for cigarettes.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I dislike Hillary more than I dislike Palin...but you folks are all such partisan slaves I'm unsure why I care to comment.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
In answer to your actual question, the ex-president receives the same retirement pay as a cabinet secretary, currently about $200K per year. Plus lots of goodies such as office staff for many months, plus secret service protection, which they can "leverage," as Bill has, by charging the secret service huge rents so they can stay housed near the ex president. Such a deal.

I'm not sure that Hillary could both collect and serve at the same time, but there may be some cumulative effect between her time as a Senator, secretary, and potentially, as POTUS. HOWEVER, there is a bill in Congress right now that would cut and limit presidential pensions based on how much they made in speaker fees, etc, after they were president.

BTW, there was NO presidential pension prior to Harry Truman who, when he left office, got in his car with Bess and drove cross country to Missouri. A few years later he was penniless and got a friend of his still in Congress to petition for a small pension, which was then $20,000 a year, which saved Truman from going completely bankrupt.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Keeps retirement and gets presidential salary. They get White House expense acct but pays for their personal items themselves.

Hubby Bill gets retirement and Social Security as does she.

Plus they have investments.

2 SOCIAL SECURITY'S, 2 retirements, one presidential salary investments and lifetime secret service protection even after office. (Bill).

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
In her own words, the Clinton's tend to leave the White House "dead broke"...even after stealing furniture.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustrangerIf she makes it to the POTUS, she cannot keep her SS retirement. Once a person starts on Social Security they are allowed to only work several thoundsand dollars a year. A example would be me. I am not allowed to make more than $12K a year on the side. If I make more than that it is considered working. Then SS would be stopped.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

True. In my case, I cant make over $14,000 per year. So, I work 20hrs., volunteer 40hrs.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Keeps retirement and gets presidential salary. They get White House expense acct but pays for their personal items themselves.

Hubby Bill gets retirement and Social Security as does she.

Plus they have investments.

2 SOCIAL SECURITY'S, 2 retirements, one presidential salary investments and lifetime secret service protection even after office. (Bill).

Lol I remember a few years ago she was complaining about being broke. Like she was born a poor black child in a cabin she built herself kind of talk.

new topics

top topics

join