It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F/A-22 Resumes Flying After Probe Finds No Design Flaw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The USAF has returned the F/A-22 Raptor to flight status following an investigation regarding a crash last December.

The U.S. Air Force's F/A-22 Raptor returned to the air Jan. 6, ending a "stand-down" imposed on the fleet after one of the stealthy jets crashed on takeoff in December and was destroyed.

The Air Force had suspended flying all 28 of its remaining F/A-22s after the Dec. 20 accident, in which the pilot ejected safely as his Lockheed Martin-built jet was leaving the runway at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev. (DAILY, Dec. 22, Dec. 23).

Although the Air Force still is investigating the accident and has not announced the cause, officials said the service has concluded that the aircraft design is sound.

"With approximately 7,000 flight hours already logged in the Raptor and an overwhelmingly positive safety record when compared to previous aircraft development programs, the decision was made that flight operations can be safely resumed," the Air Force said in a statement.

Flights Resume

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If I recall correctly the jet was snapped in two...so I guess they couldn't salvage the aircraft right?....

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
If I recall correctly the jet was snapped in two...so I guess they couldn't salvage the aircraft right?....

nah the airframe was a total loss and from the picutures I saw suffered severe burn damage as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Twas a complete loss... The only remains are/where a charred frame.
No worries though as it was only an evaluator and we still dominate the skies!

new topics

top topics

join