It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: I'd bring back 'a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
You are a moderator?

You are beyond help if you can conceive of a world where there are no moral restraints abut the torture of POWs and prisoners in general because you are fearful.
Your fear is multiply compounded and amplified by those who wish to manipulate you and your actions (or reactions).

This essentially makes you a meat puppet. A puppet who likes its strings. For a moderator of a conspiracy forum to succumb to MORONIC fear automatically relegates you to useless status as a moderator for same.

In fact you want this senseless use of violence which is provably ineffective, illegal and immoral.

You sir are no moderator. If you were a fuel rod you would be considered spent and dangerous, requiring recycling.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: largo

If you were a fuel rod you would be considered spent and dangerous, requiring recycling.

Sorry but that that got to be one of the greatest insults I have heard in a while.

Kudos to you

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
Anybody that thinks torture is right is the dumbest of the dumb...give me a car battery and some needle nose pliers i guarantee you i can make you confesses to being the mastermind of 9/11, the queen of England and the reason the dinosaurs went extinct in under a day

A day?

Your not even Trying!

I could get them to confesses to being the mastermind of 9/11, the queen of England and the reason the dinosaurs went extinct AND A Obama supporter in under a hour.......

edit on 9-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Potestas

We CHOSE to be at war. We started them for plunder and pillaging as is our wont.

Stop the wonting! Er, wanting.

Peace is achievable by running out of the Middle East and investing in OUR country.

The comprehension of so many is limited by a need to be aggressive and to retain the possession of our National Sacred Obligations to rule the world.
Because we are so good and all. Because we drone strike, use spooks, Special Ops assassinations, torture and generally act like Global Bullies for our credentials proving there is a god at our back.

Generally the insane reactions are inherent in the stupid and fearful which is the core of the Repulsicans' support.

news.yahoo.com...

www.livescience.com...

www.psychologytoday.com...

reverbpress.com...

As a smart Progressive (Yeah, me!) it is not a difficult task to undermine those beliefs concerning a conservative's take on issues. What I can not do is help fear ridden and stupid people (who do not want to be considered as such) convert to being other than meat puppets. They have disorders and handicaps which are NOT addressable by any human agency.

I'm not sure that they are not needed as breeding stock but only their issued anomalies (think Sheldon) may actually be required. What can you train them for? You only need so many incompetent poorly paid sheet metal mechanics replicating.

I apologize to those who will be offended by science and the results derived from the best REASONING ABOUT FACTS available. You can't help yourselves and we will try to drag you into the future, kicking and screaming, because of your opinions, beliefs and feelings being based on complete and utter baloney.

You who fall into the chart's dumb end could just stfu. But then you need to talk about your rights to be resolutely ignorant and irrational. How you were raised to be some odd beast. How you emanate from a superior culture which is in the dust bin of history. (Why there? Because it was proven inferior.)

As the worst insult I can possibly levy-You and your statements are baseless and to act upon them is criminal to the code of honesty. You remain willingly ignorant and defy the Universe to prove you wrong. What you never realize is the Universe doesn't have to prove anything. It's a machine that science explains (within its abilities) and the 'belief' systems you employ don't.
I now expect the regular run-of-the mill dopey replies, 'cause what else can I expect. You can become human but you REALLY do not want to. The ego that you possess can not subscribe to the notion maybe YOU are not that important and you do not (more likely, can not) adjust you paradigm to allow for that.

The extent of my point or insult (because they can't see it any other way) is this: I feel sorry for you. Try reading the citations and you will know why. It may be the only thing we have in common is this sorrow for your inbuilt limitations.
Try to rise above them.
The air is much clearer up here.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: largo
You are a moderator?

You are beyond help if you can conceive of a world where there are no moral restraints abut the torture of POWs and prisoners in general because you are fearful.

1. You cannot legislate morality. If we could, abortion would still be illegal, as would be homosexuality, as would be alcohol consumption... all morality based laws. Thus, the only logical take away is that wide scale action (or inaction) based on the dubious and subjective concept of morality is a fool's errand.

Do not confuse anger and a traditional position of not viewing enemies empathetically with being fearful.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Waterboarding and other forms of torture are known to illicit false confessions

False confessions are then used to justify military action...

A call to increase torture is stupid. It only increases the stack of false intel, ensuring more innocent people are harmed, and more resources wasted.

edit on 9-2-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I wish I could highlight your point better than just giving one star –

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You don't have to make it a moral issue to still find torture to be ineffective and not do it. There are perfectly sound and logical reasons for not doing it without ever discussing the moral implications.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Do not confuse anger and a traditional position of not viewing enemies empathetically with being fearful.

But thats the problem.

Without due process you can not garentee that only your enemys will be tortured.

Without due process and rules the government can make mistakes more often.
And when you give the government a inch they take a mile.

One minute its only non us citizens caught in a war zone. Then its allied citizens illegally renditioned from allied country, then its US citizens with in US borders.

State sanctioned torture is a slippery slope of tyranny. What next death camps for mulslims?

The whole point of the constitution banning the fedral use of cruel and unusual punishment is to stop that slippery slope.

And yes if one is willing to sacrifice there morals or liberty for a ounce of security they are a coward.

So cluck cluck.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

See, these are assumptions and shouldn't be taken as fact. Water boarding is indeed torture no matter how the Bush admin tries to spin it. But if you're still really curious about the effects then do some research or try it yourself. It'll bring the whole family together on game night!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Is this where I'm supposed to stammer and stutter and change my position on this issue due to childish internet insults and ridiculous internet assaults on machismo?

Yeah, pretty much unimpacted by that strategy, man. My position stands.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Oh boy, you went to SERE-C school? I almost went that route but eventually became an IT with a top secret clearance. What was your rate? I've heard stories about the hush hush school and kinda regretted not going.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: crazyewok

Is this where I'm supposed to stammer and stutter and change my position on this issue due to childish internet insults and ridiculous internet assaults on machismo?

Yeah, pretty much unimpacted by that strategy, man. My position stands.

Sure, your entitled to your opinion.

But every time you sputter and moan about the constitution being violated your argument will be invalid.

Its states very clearly in the constitution that torture is banned and your courts have stated that applys to all.

I did have some respect before this thread.
But I cant respect anyone who complains about government overreach then on the other hand would sanction state torture.

The words Hypocrite, coward and tyrant come to mind.

You sir are no better than the ISIS animals.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Whose we? Rant? Not really but I see how you came to that conclusion. Take it as you will, you've seem to have made up your mind.

Are republicans warmongers? Uh yes, that's common knowledge and they embrace it. Are you new to politics? And Btw, you should re read my OP because I did in fact mention Clinton.
edit on 9-2-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
You sir are no better than the ISIS animals.

Perspective, you lack it.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Even noted warmonger John McCain denounced Trump and co's sick desire to torture people.

John McCain Points Out Some Yuge(sic) Problems With Donald Trump's Torture Proposals

McCain, the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, went on to argue that the United States "stained" its national honor by employing torture tactics in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, noting that the techniques failed to produce useful intelligence but did incalculable harm to the nation's reputation.

He added that protecting the country's security and its values are not mutually exclusive, but indeed fundamentally linked.

"When we fight to defend our security, we fight also for an idea that all men are endowed by their creator with inalienable rights -- that's all men and women," McCain said.

"How much safer the world would be if all nations believed the same. How much more dangerous it can become when we forget it ourselves, even momentarily ... Our enemies act without conscience. We must not," McCain said, rebutting the idea advanced on Saturday by Trump that torture was justified because terrorists do worse.

"Sacrificing our national honor and our respect for human dignity will make it harder, not easier, to prevail in this war," McCain continued. "Our nation needs a commander in chief that reminds us that in the worst of times, either chaos or terror of war, when facing cruelty, suffering and loss, that we are always Americans -- different, stronger and better than those who would destroy us."

Oh yeah and this:

McCain also pointed out another problem with campaign trail pledges to bring back waterboarding and other forms of torture: they were made illegal in legislation passed last year.

In other words, any candidate promising to do this is either A) lying or B) going to have a LONG uphill battle against Congress to get this implemented.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Rhetoric? What rhetoric? He asked a very simple question. The rhetoric is coming from you.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2

Fools? Who you calling a fool?

You know who the fool is? Trump.

Whose the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Talking to empty seats because he's not apart of the establishment, you know bought and paid for. Those empty seats represent your war mongers, or lazy reps.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Is this Mr. T? I knew it! I pity da fooooolllll who follow donald trump....errrr....errrrrrr......

I would forgo the waterboarding and just play Kanye 24/7...I give them 23 minutes.....

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join