It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question For Those Of Religous Faith

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

The only thing the media is doing is making a big deal out of the lone cases of nuts who are doing this because sensationalism sells. But even these events are usually inspired by outside elements (like drugs or mental illness) rather than JUST horror movies. You are REALLY reaching here.

After all, far east Asia got along JUST fine without Christianity for a VERY long time.
edit on 15-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ChesterJohn

The only thing the media is doing is making a big deal out of the lone cases of nuts who are doing this because sensationalism sells. But even these events are usually inspired by outside elements (like drugs or mental illness) rather than JUST horror movies. You are REALLY reaching here.

After all, far east Asia got along JUST fine without Christianity for a VERY long time.

Really
All those dynasties, all those walls everywhere, all those Khans, all those Japanese with swords, Thailand and their massive wars

You need to learn some things

Mao Tse Tung, Cambodia

You should spend a little time thinking prior to typing Krazy

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
It all works together what they put in their bodies, their hearts and their minds, works to bring out that which is being programmed.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What? I never said those civilizations were perfect. I just said that Christianity spread a lot of strife that could have been avoided had the religion not existed. This is an undeniable fact.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
It all works together what they put in their bodies, their hearts and their minds, works to bring out that which is being programmed.

It's doesn't work quite like that; otherwise there would be far more people eating other people these days. Your argument is a stretch at best.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
This question is directed more towards whoever subscribe to the Abrahamic religions, all are welcome to reply regardless of ye faith. Or lack thereof.

If the religious deity you worshiped did NOT reward their follower's with eternal life,an afterlife and/or a spiritual existence beyond this life or any rewards at all for the good deeds you did during your lifetime( e.g works of Charity, works of Altruism and works of Humility)would you still do genuine good deeds for your fellow humans in the name of your deity(s)?

Yes, because 1 knows what its like to FAIL and have the soul RETRY in less peacefulness. Like a WATCHER WHO DIDN'T LISTEN being banned and temporary placed on EA*RTH with those it once interacted with non compassionately...
SO 1 LEARNED to be humble and tries to save many the lower Ascension points of Existence why here with you before 1 hopefully Ascends up this time... So with me its done out of consideration for Human and Non Human energies who ALSO are soul-spirit-internal energy "collected" when their lives stop and existence begins whether Aware or not belief or not... I speak up about certain beings to alert some that some non humans help humans out. Just ncase help returns maybe the helped wont war with the helpers? OUT OF FEAR & IGNORANCE

I ask this because I find much of the reason Christian,Jews and Muslims of all kinds worship their deities is for spiritual guidance in this life but also for the immaterial rewards they gain once their dead. I find this an extremely selfish outlook on religious piety in general and it's analogous to children whom only behave better around Christmas time so they can end up on Santa's "good" list. Reaping the material rewards for themselves once Christmas arrives.
The good works they do are all part of an act to fulfill the satisfaction of a deity(s).

1 keeps in mind "the cakes a lie" so I AM not seeking anything in return, personally...

However this doesn't mean that all religious followers good deeds are disingenuous, they're are many Samaritans and missionaries whom go out of their way to help the less fortunate because they genuinely do care. But if the positive reinforcement of an afterlife was nonexistent, would they still follow through on doing those good works?

Yes...

My hope is anyone reading this can quell my assertions on the selfishness of religious devotion to a deity(s).

Follow the behavioral data written of or related to said being / deity / entity. I study LORD ENKI for example and how he helped Unapishtim during the deluge?

Flood myth section[edit]
Lines 1-203, Tablet XI [8] (note: with supplemental sub-titles and line numbers added for clarity)

Ea leaks the secret plan[edit]
Utnapishtim tells Gilgamesh a secret story that begins in the old city of Shuruppak on the banks of the Euphrates River.
The "great gods" Anu, Enlil, Ninurta, Ennugi, and Ea were sworn to secrecy about their plan to cause the flood.
But the god Ea (Sumerian god Enki) repeated the plan to Utnapishtim through a reed wall in a reed house.
Ea commanded Utnapishtim to demolish his house and build a boat, regardless of the cost, to keep living beings alive.
The boat must have equal dimensions with corresponding width and length and be covered over like Apsu boats.
Utnapishtim promised to do what Ea commanded.
He asked Ea what he should say to the city elders and the population.
Ea tells him to say that Enlil has rejected him and he can no longer reside in the city or set foot in Enlil's territory.
He should also say that he will go down to the Apsu "to live with my lord Ea".
Note: 'Apsu' can refer to a fresh water marsh near the temple of Ea/Enki at the city of Eridu.[9]
Ea will provide abundant rain, a profusion of fowl and fish, and a wealthy harvest of wheat and bread.
Building and launching the boat[edit]
Carpenters, reed workers, and other people assembled one morning.
[missing lines]
Five days later, Utnapishtim laid out the exterior walls of the boat of 120 cubits.
The sides of the superstructure had equal lengths of 120 cubits. He also made a drawing of the interior structure.
The boat had six decks [?] divided into seven and nine compartments.
Water plugs were driven into the middle part.
Punting poles and other necessary things were laid in.
Three times 3,600 units of raw bitumen were melted in a kiln and three times 3,600 units of oil were used in addition to two times 3,600 units of oil that were stored in the boat.
Oxen and sheep were slaughtered and ale, beer, oil, and wine were distributed to the workmen, like at a new year's festival.
When the boat was finished, the launching was very difficult. A runway of poles was used to slide the boat into the water.
Two-thirds of the boat was in the water.
Utnapishtim loaded his silver and gold into the boat.
He loaded "all the living beings that I had."
His relatives and craftsmen, and "all the beasts and animals of the field" boarded the boat.
The time arrived, as stated by the god Shamash, to seal the entry door.

Tablet XI
Main article: Utnapishtim
The Gilgamesh flood tablet XI contains additional story material besides the flood. The flood story was included because in it the flood hero Utnapishtim is granted immortality by the gods and that fits the immortality theme of the epic. The main point seems to be that Utnapishtim was granted eternal life in unique, never-to-be-repeated circumstances. As if to demonstrate this point,

en.wikipedia.org...

And how he is said to of helped INNANA during her descent...

Then Ninshubur goes to Enki, Inanna's mother’s father, begging for help. Enki, however, is troubled and grieved for Inanna. To save her, Enki creates two creatures, the kurgarra and the galatur, to whom he gives the food and water of life, and instructs them to enter the underworld like flies. He tells them that Ereshkigal will be moaning with the cries of a woman about to give birth, complaining of her inside and her outside, and that they are to echo her cries. This would please her, and she would offer them gifts. They were to ask her only for the corpse hanging on the wall. Then when they had sprinkled the food and water of life on Innana, she would rise.

The kurgarra and the galatur heed Enki’s words and enter the underworld like flies.

www.halexandria.org...

Notice how they act when it comes to humans?

So? cultist no. Studying TRUTHS yes.
Accepting, some seem to care more then others isnt easy but, consciously after you get over it, it is reassuring some of the religious data has foundaitons.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Perfect?
Those civilizations were and are as blood thirsty as any other.

Tell me who did east asia get along fine with

Your comment, just asking for an explanation

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join