It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I see a race war in the future

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Not a race war. Maybe isolated racist violence.
There's something kind of interesting that happens in a liberal area where whites are a minority. Some people get a little sensitive.

When a new school opened in the school district I attended, demographics at my highschool became something like 70% hispanic. White students tended to be very racially sensitive there.
Gangs really struck a raw nerve with some of us, because in a predominantly Mexican area the gangs are obviously going to be Mexican- but a lot of us treated the gangs like they were a patently Mexican phenomenon.
The fact "brown pride" was acceptable on clothing and in speech while "white pride" would get you jumped then suspended didn't carry to well with us either.
There were a few brawls and some tension, nothing huge really. If that phenomenon proved to be the rule for such situations though, there would definately be the potential for violence or even limited riots as the mexican population in relation to whites grows in some areas.

EDIT: note my signiture: There is only one color of Marine, and that's Green. The Marines send black recruiters to South Boston and they get treated with respect. America needs to develop the same thing: All Americans need to see themselves as one people, despite differences.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I have never heard of brown pride? Wouldn't they usually celebrate the region they come from. I have never heard anyone complained about oktoberfest, although I have heard people complain about cinco de mayo.

Would that be considered "brown pride" in your book?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
I have never heard of brown pride? Wouldn't they usually celebrate the region they come from. I have never heard anyone complained about oktoberfest, although I have heard people complain about cinco de mayo.

Would that be considered "brown pride" in your book?

You're right on target here. I think most reasonable people respect the right of a person to honor their heritage. Race is another story.

When its acceptable for one race to glorify itself, but not others, the implications are undeniably racist. This is why the slogan "brown pride" tends to create a stir among some whites. (I'm surprised you haven't heard that slogan, unless there aren't many hispanics in your area. Here in So Cal you'll see it on clothing and hear it used mainly by politically oriented minority interest groups such as the student organization MECHA.)

Here's what it comes down to. I try hard to be PC when it comes to race because that's something society is big on these days. I want to show these people respect because they've asked for it and they deserve it.
Now how am I supposed to feel when those who would have me be racially sensitive go around referring to themselves as "La Raza", literally The Race? How can you say that race shouldn't matter then say "brown pride"?

I don't mean to present any justification for racism, because I was just saying in my last post that we need to unify rather than divide, but I have to say that racism against Mexicans isn't like racism in the past against other groups. This time its mutual. You could almost say that some people are inviting racism against them by using racist slogans, just the same way that KKK rhetoric has invited the "redneck" stereotype upon them.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
A race war? Do you mean a racial war? What races would be involved?

I don't never see a racial war in the future between the blacks and whites, because the two has become closer in their friendships and they have more of a trust in one another now than ever before.

I'll tell you what. If this thing ever happens (the race war), my white and black brothers will sit back, break open a cold one, shoot the bull while we watch the whites that hate blacks and the blacks that hate whites kill each other off!

Then we'll begin to make great strides in making this a better world!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Only a few in ethnic group will try to stir things up between the so called color code. But an American is a person he/she strive to be educated and respect one another. I have met many people of different cultural backgrounds that were very nice people, there were a few that had a chip on their shoulder so to speak.
Race War
Please be specific.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I think if there was a race war that white people would win because we have most of the nukes. Only China and India would have a chance. But there no brother hood among white people so there will still be wars

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
I think if there was a race war that white people would win because we have most of the nukes. Only China and India would have a chance. But there no brother hood among white people so there will still be wars

Well, you're Croation. I guess you know more about race wars than anyone else, having actually been in one.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Just thought I might bump this thread.

I find it interesting how quickly we have gone from not having any sort of idea about how this could possibly happen just a few months ago.

My assumption is that now, a lot of us might have a different feeling with May 1 being tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The RACE WAR started in 1968

top topics

<< 1   >>

join