It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Post Thousands Of Images Online To Prove Moon Landings Were Real

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Most history taken from the scarps of documents are presented as fact but while close history, hundred maybe two hundred years ago further back I think most historians are going with "educated" work rather than actual fact. I'm sure I've stolen that from a documentary that was on a while back about the early earth, dinosaurs and human evolution but I cant for the life of me remember the documentary.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: Hecate666

I agree with you that they never went the first time and I actually think they didn't get to walk on the moon until the third. I think the first time was a complete failure, the second they went and orbited the moon and on the third they landed and walked about and from then on it happened almost as they say. If and I'll say IF that's the truth (which I believe it is) and NASA came out and said "Alright look this is how it happened" and said something like that, while I'll be screaming "We knew it!!!" I'd be okay with it, all they'd have to say is that they did it for propaganda against the Russians.

But what are your beliefs based on? Is there any documentation to support what you think? Or are you just inventing a sci-fi story because it's more appealing than the official version?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Yah, 'educated'' usually trumps common sense.

Ever play Chinese Whispers , a.k.a., "Telephone"?

It goes like this. NASA releases picture, someone points out an 'anomaly', others preclude the anomaly is real, still others conclude the moon landings were faked.

Or 'educated' archeologist digs for artifacts to support preconceived notions, already approved conclusions.

Mostly all from ignorance, except the ones doing the insinuating.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Now Nasa can release ALL the photos UNDOCTORED for credibility. Until that happens, I consider the release a waste of taxpayers money.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This whole Flickr-thing is such a non-story!
These images - All 10,000+ of them - have been freely available online ever since photo uploads/archives have existed on the internet. Before that, they were available in hard-copy from NASA and also at space imagery archives at universities around the country. I saw many of them at the University of Arizona's archive when I was there in the early '80s.

For the last decade and a half, I've seen these collections at
Apollo Image Atlas
Apollo Lunar Surface Journal
The Project Apollo Archive
Gateway to Astronaut Photography (which ArMap already mentioned)
Apollo Image Archive (which has the Mapping and Pancam images)

I REPEAT: THIS FLICKR ARCHIVE IS NOTHING NEW.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

History is my proof. The US have lied about a ton of things to do something else, if you just have a little read online or maybe you know some of it already, but they've lied to push a mission, an agenda etc. and some times just done something to save face or to show they're better than (insert small under powered country here). I'll add a website at the end of this to show a list, I was gonna write this list but this website is actually a lot better.

So, it is my belief as I said but it is more about connecting the dots and coming up with a good picture of things. Russia was a huge threat to the US and the US knew that. When Russia sent up Sputnik America (As anyone would do) had no choice but to do something to over shadow this, remember there is more computer power in your smartphone that all the tech we had for the moon landings. but again, It is a belief but (I know I've used this word) an educated belief.

www.truth-out.org...
edit on 7-2-2016 by Dwoodward85 because: Forgot something

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Now Nasa can release ALL the photos UNDOCTORED for credibility. Until that happens, I consider the release a waste of taxpayers money.

THEY DID THAT 45 YEARS AGO. JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT, THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Online, un-adjusted 4000x4000+ pixel scans have been available from The Gateway to Astronaut Photography FOR MORE THAN A DECADE.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yh I really dont get your point. I actually have no clue what you're saying. Maybe you're talking above me or maybe I'm not reading it correctly but nope, have no clue what you're talking about. Are you agree with me or not agreeing with me...?? (Colour me confused).

I have played Chinese whispers and you kind of proved my point with that one, as the whisper changes as it goes from one person to the other, so what makes history not do the same? I mean when they find texts and claim that its what happened but that's from one person or a small group...anything told over and over and over again is distorted and changed to fit the situation.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Saint Exupery

Not buying that B.S. even when you YELL it at me.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I think the first time was a complete failure, the second they went and orbited the moon and on the third they landed and walked about and from then on it happened almost as they say.

The third flight you postulate would have been Apollo 13 which did not complete its mission.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Thats why the conspiracy is continually presented, to keep people distracted far away with 'give a toss' subjects like this.

Yep, like these children distracted in desperation to find food.

Why should they 'give a toss' when they will probably be dead tomorrow ?

What has the lunar landing done for them ? Answer. Sweet F.A.

Go ahead, take a real truthful honest 'Never A Straight Answer', NASA picture to them and the child will probably die in your hands.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

The first time was a complete failure or the first time was faked ? Logically it cannot be both.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saint Exupery
This whole Flickr-thing is such a non-story!
These images - All 10,000+ of them - have been freely available online ever since photo uploads/archives have existed on the internet. Before that, they were available in hard-copy from NASA and also at space imagery archives at universities around the country. I saw many of them at the University of Arizona's archive when I was there in the early '80s.

For the last decade and a half, I've seen these collections at
Apollo Image Atlas
Apollo Lunar Surface Journal
The Project Apollo Archive
Gateway to Astronaut Photography (which ArMap already mentioned)
Apollo Image Archive (which has the Mapping and Pancam images)

I REPEAT: THIS FLICKR ARCHIVE IS NOTHING NEW.

It is something new - all those links you provided offer post-processed and adjusted images. The Flickr archive offers the original, unadjusted images. For many people, it won't matter, but for many others it will. Personally, I was please to see the original version of the iconic image I post below. The previously-published versions have heavily adjusted contrast, resulting in the image that looks unnatural. I was pleasantly surprised by how evenly-lit and organic the unadjusted image looks.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

a reply to: wildespace

History is my proof. The US have lied about a ton of things to do something else

That's not proof, that's a poorly founded generalisation. It's like saying that because someone lied about something at some point, they will lie about everything else, or about everything that I'd imagine them to lie about.

Sorry, but that just doesn't cut it, especially in the view of all the documented proof we've got that supports the official version.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I, for one, am far more fascinated by the religion involved in this discussion than "faked" or "real".

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

These are not new at all. All of these images had been made publicly available by NASA for many many years.

And this collection (in the OP) was not done by NASA, but by a private individual. But still, all of these images had been made previously available by NASA (how else do you think this person on Flickr got them?)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saint Exupery
Online, un-adjusted 4000x4000+ pixel scans have been available from The Gateway to Astronaut Photography FOR MORE THAN A DECADE.

Interesting, I always thought that the Gateway site was only for photos of Earth from the ISS (hence the name "Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth"). How do I find those Apollo images?
edit on 7-2-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think the first time was a complete failure, the second they went and orbited the moon and on the third they landed and walked about and from then on it happened almost as they say.

The third flight you postulate would have been Apollo 13 which did not complete its mission.

That's what NASA and the U.S. government want you to think.

Considering the U.S. government always lies, and NASA stands for "never a straight answer", then Apollo 13 must have been a rousing success, and those astronauts walked all over the Moon.

edit on 2/7/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A secret government within the government that has habitually lied to it's people? yeah, nothing's off the table as far as i'm concerned. . .

Just look at that lander . . .

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I meant the third one to get to the moon, not the third in order. Maybe I should've stated that but thanks for pointing that out, feel like a dope now but meh we all make mistakes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join