It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there no Libertarian party debates on network tv?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: intrptr

More than two parties just would not work with the American system. It's possible one of the two parties fails and is replaced, but in the end you are left with two parties again.

Candidates should represent the people, not some 'party' or other.

They do. The people are the problem. People with no clue vote for candidates, and we get exactly what we deserve. The candidates are not the problem, the clueless fools who vote for them are the problem.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Last time around, I think it was RT, although I might be wrong, had a debate for all those other candidates that were running for president that you never hear of. there's really quite a few other parties, they just don't get any airtime. To be honest, that debate was the most interesting one I've heard. I hope whoever did it will do it again, and I hope that at least some of us hear about it early enough to let the others on ATS know about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

a reply to: intrptr

More than two parties just would not work with the American system. It's possible one of the two parties fails and is replaced, but in the end you are left with two parties again.

Candidates should represent the people, not some 'party' or other.

They do. The people are the problem. People with no clue vote for candidates, and we get exactly what we deserve. The candidates are not the problem, the clueless fools who vote for them are the problem.

The brainwashing is that voting for either / or is somehow representing the people… you just reaffirmed the notion.

It doesn't matter who you vote for. Voting doesn't matter.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

A debate on John Stossel's show has just been announced:

Libertarian Party Debate on Stossel Confirmed

The debate will feature Libertarian Party candidates, though it is still unconfirmed who will be invited besides Gary Johnson, John McAfee, and Austin Petersen.

This is based on a press release from Gary Johnson; it hasn't been confirmed by Stossel yet, nor has any date been announced beyond "probably sometime in March."

But still... Yay!!! I'm looking forward to it.

I found the link for the 2012 Libertarian Debate here on an old ATS thread. I haven't listened to it yet, but I plan too. I'd like to compare and contrast with the upcoming debate.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yes!!! Down with the Demo-Publican Party.

Score one for the people!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Can't remember which election year it was, but there were 3rd party debates hosted after the primaries. They were never invited to the big stage with the superfunded parties though. I enjoyed them and found them informative.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MrThortan

I remember that too! It hasn't been done for a while, but I think that was pretty standard for a time... probably until third party candidates started getting too many votes! If I remember right, Independent/3rd party affiliation is about 65% right now, with both Republicans and Democrats at less than 30% each. The major parties are really no longer the "major" parties... the media just pretends they are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join