It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy cat tear jerkers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I came across some tear jerkers of the happy kind. I love my cat to the moon and back but, if only I could have several. I get all emotional when it comes to animal reunions and here are some very precious ones,

This next video is the same cat as with the kid, but seems to be REALLY happy to be back with his dog brother,

Next is a precious story of a dog that would not give up on kitten,

Love has no divide!

Here is a video of a fearless cat!(even though the dogs seem really friendly
)

And of course, the absolute hero cat!

Although aloof, cats are capable of great love and I make sure to love my baby everyday.
Hope you like the videos!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

My cats act like that if I leave for a few hours. Lol. Although the little one got pissed when we went away for a few days last month. She hid for a day when we got back.

Omg auto correct had the kitty globalised or something like that.
edit on 262016 by Sillyolme because: Fix auto correct

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

My baby, bless his heart, only acts a little put off by my longer absences and acts desperate for my attention when I'm around alot!
Thank you for sharing about your babies!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Did you see the wonky text my auto correct threw in there?
My baby is a tiny Siamese who thinks the sky is falling if a neighbor knocks on the door. Panic sets in if said neighbor actually comes in. Horrors lol. After twenty or so visits she may come out from under the bed but she's reluctant to give up her vantage point.
My hubby says she wanders around looking and calling for me when I go out.

Tell me about your furbaby.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I remember seeing that last video a while back. That cat was amazing. I've never seen a cat protect anything but themselves or their kittens. Ok and a catnip toy but that's another story.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme Your Siamese, sounds so precious!
My big ole' twenty pound half Maincoon and half Norwegian forest cat, hides from strangers too! He really only lets his two special people(My BF and me) near him.
I did find him after being gone for two weeks showing up every morning to be fed by some neighbors though. I had put up signs and they called me. Apparently he has been visiting them off and on for two years. They never really got close enough to pet him or anything.
I battle auto correct constantly!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Loved the vids! My Siamese adores and sometimes demands attention and love! LOL He loves everybody, but especially me and my Husband.

Your cat must be huge and gorgeous! I have had so many different kinds of cats through the years, but always wanted a Maincoon or Norwegian forest cat and you have a mix!
edit on 6-2-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

That's not a cat it's a lion. Lol. 20 lbs ! Mia is precious. We got her in a parking lot at the mall. She was running around with a litter mate. She nearly ripped my husband's hand off when he finally caught her and she was all of three inches high at the shoulder at the time. He warned me that she was ferral and vicious when I looked in the box she was in. Five minutes later I carried her into the kitchen in my hands with her purring and happy.
Her step brother was also a rescue cat. His owners moved and left him behind.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I actually had a cat reject me and move in with a neighbor when I brought a new kitten home. True story. His name was Socrates and we called him socks. He was a tuxedo. I saw him around the neighborhood but he never came home.
The kitten it turned out had internal injuries from an accident before we took him in. We only had him six months. Socks did show up in our yard when we buried the kitten. His name was Aristophanes and we called him Arie.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Cat demanding attention is the best!
I didn't know what kind of cat I was getting until my boyfriend brought him home after we answered an ad in the paper for kittens. He was so cute and fluffy when I got home that day! The lady we got him from told us his mix after we had already decided to get him. I think he is gorgeous fluffy and when he molts in the summer, very handsome!
I'm glad you enjoyed the videos!
I'd love to read more about your Siamese and any other furbabies!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme I love how your Mia instantly took to you.
It's interesting that Socks came back to visit when the kitten was buried, my condolences on kitten. I'm sure you gave him the best care and love while he was here.

edit on 6-2-2016 by peppycat because: pushed reply by accident too soon

edit on 6-2-2016 by peppycat because: pronouns

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Yeah it's funny. If I go to a paddock fence where horses are corralled they cross the field to come to me. The pit bull watchdog neighbor wags her tail when I stop at her yard but won't stop barking and running back and forth along the fence for anyone else walking by. My husband calls me doctor Doolittle. Oh I've gotten my share of bites too with my show no fear attitude. Lol. I think they just know I love them plus I'm small and don't look threatening.
I kidnapped a duck when I was a little girl by laying down a trail of cheese doodles. I told my mother it followed me home. She made me give him back

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Thanks for posting! They are heart-warming indeed.
The one with the very vocal cat got my big ball of black and white fluff off the couch and into the study to investigate! He was quite intrigued, looking intently at the speakers. I sensed that he was about to bound up onto the table but the video ended and he went back to watching the fireplace.

Here are our two masters in a rare moment of sharing the couch. The tabby is female. She loves all critters, human and otherwise. But when it comes to that ball of fur on the other end of the couch, she's a beast! He must walk a very narrow line or find himself getting pounded on the head. He is twice her size but she's twice as quick.

She is very affectionate. He tolerates shows of affection. When he appeared on our porch one day it was evident that he had suffered at the hands of someone. Gaining his trust was a long, slow process. At this point there are three humans that he appears to trust, myself, my Beloved and the house-sitter who cares for them when we are traveling. Oh, and his vet. Surprisingly, she never had a moment's problem with him.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Oh Arie was a charmer. He was also a tuxedo. Sweet and smart. I taught him to sit and shake hands. He got right into our hearts and when he passed it was one of the few times I've ever seen my husband cry.
The vet wasn't able to help him poor baby.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I can relate. Our other cat is a big old Tom weighing in at twelve lbs or so and Mia is a runt Siamese who weighs about five lbs. She small and skinny and still that tomcat gives her a wide berth because she let him know in no uncertain terms that she was queen of the house when we first introduced them. I worried about her ! I needn't have.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Isn't it nice when they let us live with them ?
Of course the other side of that coin is their ncomparable ability to totally ignore you when they want to.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt I love how small a cat is doesn't equal their fierceness. The other cat in my life, that I feed but consider to be my BF's, is a very small black girl. I've seen her arch and puff up against a much larger neighbor cat and scare the other cat off.
Your babies are adorable. Nice that they can share once in awhile! Thank you for the photo!

I'm glad you liked the videos! The meowing in them got my Will out from under the bed. He he.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I kidnapped a duck when I was a little girl by laying down a trail of cheese doodles. I told my mother it followed me home. She made me give him back

That cracked me up! Sounds like something I might have done as a kid if I would have found a duckling. LOL

edit on 6-2-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I just looked at photos of those two breeds. They are very similar in looks. I'm guessing you have a very good vacuum cleaner with a that hair. The tail alone...like a feather duster !

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Yes, we appreciate their hospitality....

It's kinda weird in the ignoring you category. The female is very much a feline. You call her, she twitches an ear. You call her a second time, she appears to listen, a third time sometimes will cause her to roll over, or maybe even stretch...You know the drill. She's a cat.
The male, on the other hand, acts more like a dog than a cat. You call him, he comes running! None of this feline sauntering about and dithering at the door. Nope, he zips through the door, does a quick rub on your leg and heads to check out his food dish. She sits in front of the dish until I've filled it and petted him on the head. Then he eats. Very strange for a cat. I think he spent his life before the farm with dogs.
Well, actually I think he's the reincarnation of our best friends' Jack Russell. But that's another story.
If the great gobs of his fur I'm finding all over the house are any indication, we're going to have an early Spring!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join