It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Debate Discussion; Come One And All...

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
The uninsured take resources away from the insured.

And why is that? Educate me.

If everyone has to pay for insurance, its less of a burden on everyone.

And why do we have insurance?

And believe me, when you have to pay for insurance - - you use it carefully.

I have had to pay for insurance since I left college, I was responsible for my own life. Instead of getting the latest and greatest hi-tech doo dads, plasma screens, clothes, etc I was more interested in my health and my wife's (and then later our son.) I was careful back then. Ever since 2009 I have had to pay *A LOT MORE* for insurance than I was beforehand, while being just as careful. If anything, I am being punished for being a responsible person while others are being subsidized for their irresponsibility (and voting habits.)

Not impressed by this whole 'uninsured' emotional argument.
edit on 8-2-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I have had to pay for insurance since I left college, I was responsible for my own life. Instead of getting the latest and greatest hi-tech doo dads, plasma screens, clothes, etc I was more interested in my health and my wife's (and then later our son.) Ever since 2009 I have had to pay *A LOT MORE* for insurance than I was beforehand, while being just as careful.

Not impressed by this whole 'uninsured' emotional argument.

That you think its an emotional argument says more about you, then anything else.

Actually, your whole response is emotional.

----------------------------------

I'm no expert on the insurance thing, but I do understand the basics of it.

And there's this:

Individual Shared Responsibility Provision

>The individual shared responsibility provision requires you and each member of your family to do at least one of the following:
>Have qualifying health coverage called minimum essential coverage
>Qualify for a health coverage exemption
>Make a shared responsibility payment with your federal income tax return for the months that you did not have coverage or an exemption.

www.irs.gov...
edit on 8-2-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Actually, your whole response is emotional.

You are welcome to your opinion. You are the one claiming to be logical, and I have yet to see that in your argument.

The facts is I have had healthcare since before it was a recent political football, and I am paying more now than I was before, for the same necessities. But I am then told that this somehow saves me money. And that I am being emotional, because I would rather keep more money in my pocket to spend as I see fit.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Individual Shared Responsibility Provision

>The individual shared responsibility provision requires you and each member of your family to do at least one of the following:
>Have qualifying health coverage called minimum essential coverage
>Qualify for a health coverage exemption
>Make a shared responsibility payment with your federal income tax return for the months that you did not have coverage or an exemption.

www.irs.gov...

Yes yes, the government is forcing us to spend money for a service as they see fit on penalty of being taxed. And calling it sharing. I call it unconstitutional B.S.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
double post

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

The facts is I have had healthcare since before it was a recent political football, and I am paying more now than I was before, for the same necessities

I have had insurance for 40 years now. Havent seen much of a rate increase over that time either if you compare to the cost of living and wages.
With the second statement , did you mean the charges for medical treatments ? Now that is what drives a person's insurance rate.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join