It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Debate Discussion; Come One And All...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yeah - now they're discussing Veteran care.....

Carson is right.
Bush supported his stance, too.

Yes, the veterans need help -

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
oh snip - now we're talking about Foley.....
wow.....

so - Cruz says "no", the wife and family can't do a GoFundMe fund-raising campaign to pay off the ransom.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I have to agree that there is sense in not making kidnapping a profitable business. I can't stand most of the GOP line up...but have to agree that if there is no reward financial or otherwise, Americans will be safer abroad.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Common sense.
Amazing, the extent to which that particular attribute consistently escapes our current leadership.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I totally understand that stance. Yes - don't bow down to kidnappers.

Still, Foley's head was cut off.

Icky choices. Icky results. Icky warmongering and world-policing.

It all sucks.

This is why I'm an isolationist. The USA needs to butt out of the rest of the world's business, and simply write off its "assets" (interests, they call it; I count human lives as more important than oil, but that's just me..... 'Cause I'm a lily-livered, bleeding-heart, liberal, egg head, communist. To borrow from 'The West Wing')...write them off (business assets and interests, mind you) as no longer defensible. Bring the soldiers back home.
Close the bases.
Close Gitmo.

Suck it up, go home, and start concentrating on our own country's needs.

edit on 2/7/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Terrorists still have a reward by decapitating. It is all fine to say isolate ourselves, but then we basically place ourselves in our own prisons. Who becomes the game warden is left up to others to resolve. What happens if the terrorists then just take over all of the isolated cells one by one because no one wants to assist? Yes, it is complicated. Unfortunately, we can only live in the present and look forward to the future. It is fantasy to believe that Americans could live isolated!

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: Willtell
It was good to see them tear each other apart

It was fun to watch but I also became more curious to know more about Kasich. For all of Christie's blustering, what he said about the difference between governors and legislators did make sense. Unfortunately for him, I began to study the other governors that were standing on that stage too. Kasich now has my attention.

Anyone who has seen my previous posts knows I have been more supportive of Bernie. I have to admit though I can't stand Hillary so I am looking for an alternate. Kasich may seem too moderate for the GOP...but for undecided folks like me...he could be an except able bridge between party extremes.

You got to hold your nose and vote for Hillary. Bernie can’t win and will give the GOP a landslide.

Kasich may be half human but he’s still in the Republican Party so he something’s wrong with him

Just hope your in a non swing state and you don't have to vote

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

It was fun to watch but I also became more curious to know more about Kasich. For all of Christie's blustering, what he said about the difference between governors and legislators did make sense. Unfortunately for him, I began to study the other governors that were standing on that stage too. Kasich now has my attention.

Anyone who has seen my previous posts knows I have been more supportive of Bernie. I have to admit though I can't stand Hillary so I am looking for an alternate. Kasich may seem too moderate for the GOP...but for undecided folks like me...he could be an except able bridge between party extremes.

You got to hold your nose and vote for Hillary. Bernie can’t win and will give the GOP a landslide.

Kasich may be half human but he’s still in the Republican Party so he something’s wrong with him

I used to be more Republican in my views. Obviously, I was bias due to my family views. I now find myself in between. I despise the two party system and will not vote for the party line if I disagree with the person. Kasich is running as a republican due to his views align more in that direction...but his record and views in this area are not extreme. Our government was not created to be a game. If you have to hold your nose to place a vote so that your side wins...you are the one who honestly should not be voting.

Edit add: Apparently, Michigan is considered a possible swing state in this election.
edit on 2 8 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I used to be more Republican in my views. Obviously, I was bias due to my family views. I now find myself in between. I despise the two party system and will not vote for the party line if I disagree with the person. Kasich is running as a republican due to his views align more in that direction...but his record and views in this area are not extreme. Our government was not created to be a game. If you have to hold your nose to place a vote so that your side wins...you are the one who honestly should not be voting.

Edit add: Apparently, Michigan is considered a possible swing state in this election.

Whilst the govt was not created to be a game, it is in fact a game. It doesn't really matter who you vote for. Regardless of the person, the only changes that will ever be approved are the ones of benefit to the rich. It's all just entertainment. I remember after the Thatcher years in the UK and the subsequent decline of the conservative party, we used ot hear, quite vociferously, how Tony Blair was going to come in and fight for the working man. He was 'coming to get the rich' apparently. What a laugh. He was more on the side of the rich that Thatcher and far more corrupt.

People can force change but not, alas, through elections.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
So, yeah - I'm just now finishing up the Barf-Fest.....

Kasich and Christie are tied in my mind.
Distant 3rd Bush.

Cruz's sob-story leaves me
. I don't even believe him.
(Hey, Ted, *forehead flick...ew, don't kiss me....ow* you're creepy.)

Compare that to Christie's record about having heroin/rx abuse gone down during his governorship, and CLOSING a prison....which is now being renovated into a rehab center, and caring about LIVING PEOPLE.

Rubio needs to

He's like a little kid.
edit on 2/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Trump says he's doing well against Hillary. What?
No, Donald.....you are behind in the polls re running against her....

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Last one, I think:

Carson weighed in about running against Hillary.....
don't even remember what he said, because I'm distracted by but what bugs me about him the most:

His eyes are always half-closed, and his pronunciation of English of cringe-worthy. He just said "axed" when he meant 'asked'. He also pronounces words that end in "d" indicating past tense or just on a noun as "t". Like, "decidett" instead of "decided." And "excaped".

That is something that is really really pedantic of me, but really, really bothers me about the prospect of being a "world leader" out there on his own.

Just, no.

edit on 2/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
He just said "axed" when he meant 'asked'.

Oh, pet peeve. I hate that.

Still remember Robin Quivers from Howard Stern going off on a black caller (or guest) for saying "axed".

An educated person should have corrected that.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I used to be more Republican in my views. Obviously, I was bias due to my family views. I now find myself in between.

I used to be Republican too, until they became insane. Until they became the Right Wing, Neo Con, Tea Party, Fundamental Christian party.

You didn't leave them, they left you.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I used to be more Republican in my views. Obviously, I was bias due to my family views. I now find myself in between.

I used to be Republican too, until they became insane. Until they became the Right Wing, Neo Con, Tea Party, Fundamental Christian party.

You didn't leave them, they left you.

No, I will admit in my family I left them. They are still all dedicated Christians and own corporations here. They have never really explored geographically outside this region or are still stuck back in ww2 idealisms for the elders of my family. I love them but I left our enclave and traveled for 20 years. I experienced homelessness and pulled myself up and out to be someone that they seemingly do respect today. Hard knocks did give me strength, but I feel bad for so many in my past that with just a little more assistance and especially education, would have benefitted so many if them. So nowadays AI am torn.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I was raised in poverty. Didn't go hungry, the principle of my grade school "adopted" us -- after my mom was stricken with polio and my dad ran off. Enough of that.

My mom married a millionaire when I was 13. She tried to compensate for what we didn't have when we were younger, with money.

It's a mistake. It stunted my growth. I would have grown more, learned more if I'd done what you did.

I was kinda stuck because of illness (another story).

Anyway "hand ups", Yes. "Hand outs", No.

That which is not earned has no value.

I learned, the more someone does for you, the more you expect it. It loses its appreciation over time.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Hand up over hand out is exactly why I find myself in the middle of this party debate and Kasich vs Sanders. Sigh.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Hand up over hand out is exactly why I find myself in the middle of this party debate and Kasich vs Sanders. Sigh.

A lot of people think I'm a Liberal because I'm so pro Equal/Equality Rights, pro Right of Choice, support a national healthcare, and am atheist.

A healthy nation is a strong nation. Getting in everyone's business that has nothing to do with you (is annoying first off), a waste of time and money (too often tax money), and God doesn't belong in politics.

Logical/Practical

The Republicans totally jumped off the "reality" bridge. Do they seriously believe their own hype?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Getting in everyone's business that has nothing to do with you (is annoying first off),

Unless it's pushing for the grievance industry or killing the unborn, or pushing socialized healthcare on people who don't want it, or telling people where they can and can't practice their faith....

And you talk about logic and reality?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Getting in everyone's business that has nothing to do with you (is annoying first off),

Unless it's pushing for the grievance industry or killing the unborn, or pushing socialized healthcare on people who don't want it, or telling people where they can and can't practice their faith....

And you talk about logic and reality?

You do understand that you currently pay via taxes healthcare of the uninsured, right?

The uninsured take resources away from the insured.

If everyone has to pay for insurance, its less of a burden on everyone.

And believe me, when you have to pay for insurance - - you use it carefully.

ADD ON: explain your meaning of Grievance Industry.

edit on 8-2-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join