It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Debate Discussion; Come One And All...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Obama managed it.

But honestly, when the default position was liberty and every compromise since has taken ever more of that away in favor of yet another big government run boondoggle, I think it's time we elect the one deemed extreme, let him or her take off and nuke the system from orbit. Then you can start your long, slow slog back to the crony interventionalist hell we currently enjoy. But at least by then, I'll be long dead and with any luck so will my son.

edit on 6-2-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have to admit that was hard to discipher. I don't consider myself an idealog or tea party. That actually looks like a graphic from the last debate. Noticed Kasich and Trump had mostly regular republican voters. And as I said...not enthralled with Christie. Absolutely would not vote for Cruz, Carson, Rubio or Bush. If one of them are on the final ballot, I likely will not vote. How do you vote for a negative? That is what we all seem to do...vote for the lesser of two evils

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Who do you guys think will clinch the Republican parties' nomination, or is it too soon to ask?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

My kid asked if he wears mascara. LoL!

It's so odd that he's considered an "outsider". He's absolutely a creature of Washington. He clerked for Rehnquist for Pete's sake. His wife is certainly tapped into Washington, having worked in the White House. In fact, if it wasn't for his wife, he wouldn't have come this far. Because Washington does know him, they just don't like him. It's a helluva thing to be despised by even despicable people.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teddy916
Who do you guys think will clinch the Republican parties' nomination, or is it too soon to ask?

Probably Trump or Cruz.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

Waaaay too soon. We still have months of laughing hysterically and enjoying this nonsense.

Enjoy the show.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
I predict Cruz will get the nomination and go against Hillary in the general election.

a reply to: spinalremain
Yes, but it's fun to predict who will win. And this show is exciting so far.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

thefederalist.com...

Here. The snip it took is hard to see very well. This is where I got it from and you can read the full analysis.

link   

I predict Cruz will get the nomination and go against Hillary in the general election.

a reply to: spinalremain
Yes, but it's fun to predict who will win. And this show is exciting so far.

I think Biden will come in to run against Sanders.

link   

In that case...I won't vote. I refuse to be apart of either of their win

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I think it's too early to tell.

I think right now we have a three horse race between Trump, Cruz and Rubio. I think any of the three could take the nomination.

I think then it depends on whom they tap as VP as to whether or not they win.

I think all the speculation that none of them can beat the Democrats based on the current polls has more to do with the constant media attention to the battering these candidates are giving each other. The Democrat primary has been virtually ignored.

When campaign time comes, the Democrats will be battered over their positions the way these guys are hitting each other. Bernie will get challenged on his policy pronouncements for example. The press hasn't challenged him and neither has Hillary. A competent Republican will ask him how he intends to come up with that much new revenue and if he can come up with that much ... why is he starting a new program with it rather than paying down the astronomical national debt?

Things like that.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I can't imagine voting in the general election. For me it's another bread and circus for the sheeple.

I prefer Sanders to Biden, and that's saying something. Because I'm not a big fan of either candidate.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree. Both Clinton, and especially, Sanders will be on the offensive if they'll have to debate either Trump or Cruz. I think they wouldn't have a hard time with Rubio. He comes across as softer than either Trump or Cruz.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

They way Biden behaved during his debate with Paul Ryan (my blood has seldom boiled so much) almost makes me want to watch a Trump/Biden match.

They don't even have to be on a ticket. I'd pay to see it. Make it pay per view and I'm there.

edit on 6-2-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Interesting thing I read about New Hampshire a few days ago. Someone has declared them a 'free state' and 20K libertarians have pledged to move there. That may well effect their vote.
NH free state movement

wikipedia freestateproject.org

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Still have closing comments but I'd give it to Kasich, hands down. At least so far. For sure a good night for the Governors.

Really? John Kasich? The single most irrelevant candidate on the Republican side.
And I say that not as a poke , but just curious.

pssst... Gilmore

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: kosmicjack
This discussion is a great example of how partisan voting is killing our country. We had 3 people (governors) on stage talking about their actual experience and success - but - because they don't pass some bull#, wedge issue litmus test, no one wants to acknowledge it. Instead, the drums beat for a few hollow suits who spew talking points set for them by talk radio pundits and FOX news.

I listen to Kasich. I listen to Bush. I don't want their style of governance.

Christie isn't what I want either.

So they have experience, but if that experience wasn't used to do things you want done in the country as a whole, then why should you blindly vote for them?

For example, Bush believes in Common Core and Kasich expanded Medicaid under Obamacare. I disagree deeply that either of those are good policy decisions. I certainly don't want those things to continue to be policy for the country as a whole. So why vote for them just because they have experience doing more big government programs?

Didn't like what cruz did to carson.

Christie is the bilderberg's choice.
Bush is bushton and nwo.
Isn't cruz's wife CFR and Goldman Sachs VP?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Too soon to call. I'd rather predict the top 3 in the GOP NH Primary:

1) Christie - Gov from their neck of the woods
2) Kasich - Moderate Gov
3) Trump - I think the imminent domain issue for private use will hurt him... that was a nice left hook from Bush

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Do you mean Cruz?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Will they all vote for Rand?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join