It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Debate Discussion; Come One And All...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Switched to FOX for POST-DEBATE...Just said Trump and Rubio were the most searched candidates on the Internet during the debate.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: liveandlearn

That pretty much gives you an idea whom the liberal electorate would prefer.

If we were nominating to please people who are only going to vote for Hillary or Bernie, then I know who the RNC needs to nominate.

And who would that be. Not sure where you are going here so forgive me if I misinterpret.

To be sure, I am not a Christie fan but I did think he made points. I did like what Kasich said. And in my opinion, someone from the far right will not win and if they do we will immediately swing to a far left democrat the next election. I am a right leaning libertarian independent, having voted both parties in my 70 years.
edit on 6-2-2016 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I honestly don't see how anyone can assert Rubio did well. He looked and sounded like a collegiate quiz bowl team member. And it was brutal with him and Christie.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Will see if Frank Luntz's Focus Group is rolled out.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: IAMTAT

ABC is calling it against Rubio.

Against? ABC is calling Rubio the loser? Who did they say won?

Saying Governers won - had a interview with some really dumb students too who were pushing Kasich and Christie. I do hope they were not representative of American students.

Why are the students dumb?

Christie,Bush and Kasich proved they are more qualified to take the presidency. They are more experienced.

Kasich clearly is the best candidate in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Just saying that TIME is most often read by a more liberal readership. So those who are likely to see and vote in a TIME poll are going to be more likely to vote Democrat when all is said and done.

It's like a bunch of National Review readers voting in an online poll hosted by their online mag of an early Dem debate and declaring that Webb would be the winner. When all is said and done, do you honestly think those people are going to vote for Webb or for a more conservative candidate?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
FOX even acknowledges that Cruz had a good debate. They also say the main fight was between Rubio, Christie and Bush, but that's what I predicted. The latter two needed good performances to do well in New Hampshire, so they were going to batter Rubio to try to take numbers from him.

I think Christie might succeed. I don't think Bush did it.

Cruz is more or less a non-issue in New Hampshire and his strategy doesn't factor in a strong performance there.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks. I wasn't aware of Time's position (but should have been) tho it still adds up to my thinking...what does that say?

Thing is, at least they are listening to the debate and perhaps they are not entirely happy with the Dem candidates.

Otherwise...guess I need to wait for more polls.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

FOX even acknowledges that Cruz had a good debate. They also say the main fight was between Rubio, Christie and Bush, but that's what I predicted. The latter two needed good performances to do well in New Hampshire, so they were going to batter Rubio to try to take numbers from him.

I think Christie might succeed. I don't think Bush did it.

Cruz is more or less a non-issue in New Hampshire and his strategy doesn't factor in a strong performance there.

Summed up perfectly.
Completely agree.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
ABC throwing out red herrings all over the place.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Here's a graphic made based off a survey of Iowa voters. They did this survey of both Democrats and Republicans who were voting in the Iowa caucuses. You don't need to see the whole electorate to draw the necessary conclusions from it.

This shows the GOP candidates ranked along two axes: ideology and populism. The higher a candidate is the more ideological he or she is; the further to the graph's left, the more populist. Candidates closest to the corner are the least extreme of both.

The colored circles represent vote shares of the different groups that typically make up the GOP voter base and it shows roughly how much and who votes for each candidate.

As you can see, the candidates favored in the TIME poll, with the exception of Trump, are mostly not ideological or populist which explains why they are favored by people who lean more to the left. They do not strongly reflect ideological positions that leftists tend to dislike.

Trump is the anomaly. But strong populism may trump ideology this year.

edit on 6-2-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
ABC throwing out red herrings all over the place.

Of course. Stephanopoulos worked for Hillary and Bill.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Here is the video of Marco Rubio's malfunction at the debate tonight.

Repeated the same talking point 3 times almost 4 in the span of 9 minutes.

I think Lockheed Martin and Rytheon should update his firmware

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This discussion is a great example of how partisan voting is killing our country. We had 3 people (governors) on stage talking about their actual experience and success - but - because they don't pass some bull#, wedge issue litmus test, no one wants to acknowledge it. Instead, the drums beat for a few hollow suits who spew talking points set for them by talk radio pundits and FOX news.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Something about Ted Cruz is not right.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
This discussion is a great example of how partisan voting is killing our country. We had 3 people (governors) on stage talking about their actual experience and success - but - because they don't pass some bull#, wedge issue litmus test, no one wants to acknowledge it. Instead, the drums beat for a few hollow suits who spew talking points set for them by talk radio pundits and FOX news.

I listen to Kasich. I listen to Bush. I don't want their style of governance.

Christie isn't what I want either.

So they have experience, but if that experience wasn't used to do things you want done in the country as a whole, then why should you blindly vote for them?

For example, Bush believes in Common Core and Kasich expanded Medicaid under Obamacare. I disagree deeply that either of those are good policy decisions. I certainly don't want those things to continue to be policy for the country as a whole. So why vote for them just because they have experience doing more big government programs?
edit on 6-2-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

Agree.

It's a shame that our political system has devolved into such a state where each candidate has to pass an "ideological pure" litmus test.

I honestly wouldn't mind having John Kasich or even Chris Christie as Presidents.

link   
dp
edit on 6-2-2016 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

originally posted by: MrThortan
It's getting real! Israel invoked!

Dude I'm watching this, and I thought exactly at the moment Israel was brought up, this was a dungeon master narrated magic the gathering tournament, I swear.

Ahahaha! This has to be the greatest post I have seen here in a very very lont time.

It IS that ridiculous. The debate of course.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I listen to Kasich. I listen to Bush. I don't want their style of governance.

Christie isn't what I want either.

So they have experience, but if that experience wasn't used to do things you want done in the country as a whole, then why should you blindly vote for them?

Because ideologically pure candidates ever win national elections.

That's why I don't support Bernie Sanders even though I agree with him on a lot of issues, I just know he won't get much support from the other side.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join