It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Pop Music Dominate Evangelical Christian Services?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The only way to find a community you are comfortable with is to seek one.

Another possible route might be to find a independent Bible study group or Christian reading group and work from there.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sociolpath
Well I've been to a few churches in the last few years and they all had they same exact music and songs and sound to it.

The music in these modern church buildings are very hypnityzing plus they give you free coffee to as well which gets everyone in a hyped up emotional state.

There's something not right about it that didn't settle well with me at all, I won't go into any of those places anymore.

If you read the Christians new testament you will not find anything about the the necessity of a church building or "worship music" or a pastor or any of it. Even tithing throwing your hard earned cash in the plate as it passes while the hypnotic music plays is not in there.

Jesus gave no description of church. He said to Peter that he was the rock on which he would build his church but what did it mean? Why did St. Paul and the Catholic and later protestant denominations get to decide what it is?

I have encountered many dark spirits in church buildings and if you want to follow the peace love and truth of Jesus Christ those are not the places to go. The wolves with sheeo suits are milling around in there baring their fangs ready to drink your life blood Instead

Firstly, coffee as a tool of psychological control? Also, most churches start with worship and then have coffee and fellowship times after the service. Perhaps they are hypnotizing you with colorful geometric patterned ties, too?

In the New Testament book of Acts (written by Luke, not Paul) it talks of the community of believers sharing their worldly goods among each other. How do you think that might have been organized? Since the Church arose from Greek and Jewish cultures, religious giving was not a new concept, the difference with the Christian community is that giving was not considered mandatory as many early Christians also frequented the Temple and Synagogues.

Jesus also laid out the mission of the Church, its structure as notional 'Temple of God' (indicating its similarity to existing structures and religious heirarchy) as well as identifying its founding member. It could be argued that Jesus defined additiona strengths and weaknesses in the Revelation letters to the churches and His vision sent to John (not Paul) that put priority on the Church's gentile (non-Jewish) focus.

The buildings are not the Church, they are buildings. If you have encountered dark spirits in such buildings, perhaps it is because the Holy Spirit which indwells the true Church (the people) was absent. Perhaps, also, you are exposed to such dark forces through your sensitivity to them.

Christianity is not an alternative form of magic. Magic in fact cannot occur in a monotheistic universe as there are not forces or powers that can exceed the powers of the supreme God. There is no other authority to whom you may appeal.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
these threads are always good for identification of members belief systems
pretty funny but not at all surprising how religious beliefs seem to influence political ideology
(the hierarchical structures of many religions mirror that of government....or maybe the other way around.... so its not at all unexpected that those views, subservience, and blind faith would carry into politics
"personal responsibility rawr rawr"
"please tell me what to do and think and feel mr jebus")

the pride in the influence that these beliefs have on the daily life are what i really find troubling
always looking from the inside out

it should not be nearly so easy to guess someones political affiliation and beliefs (but it is)
edit on 8-2-2016 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
Christianity is not an alternative form of magic. Magic in fact cannot occur in a monotheistic universe as there are not forces or powers that can exceed the powers of the supreme God. There is no other authority to whom you may appeal.

god by his very nature would exceed any form of magic should such a thing exist
(all encompassing all powerful yadayadayada
already assuming this thing exists outside the scope of any known physical laws)
why is it that you make the assumption that magic would exceed the powers of god
what is your definition of magic?
why is it that god has to conform to your ideas of things that do not actually exist?

very telling that you claim magic does not exist while at the same time describing a trait that it would supposedly hold
and youre absolutely positive these are facts and not your simple ego driven desires?

i look forward to your slippery reply
edit on 8-2-2016 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: fartlordsupreme

originally posted by: chr0naut

god by his very nature would exceed any form of magic should such a thing exist
(all encompassing all powerful yadayadayada
already assuming this thing exists outside the scope of any known physical laws)
why is it that you make the assumption that magic would exceed the powers of god
what is your definition of magic?
why is it that god has to conform to your ideas of things that do not actually exist?

very telling that you claim magic does not exist while at the same time describing a trait that it would supposedly hold
and youre absolutely positive these are facts and not your simple ego driven desires?

i look forward to your slippery reply

I was replying to someone who obviously had a magical belief and I was trying to point out why such a belief is not valid in the case of a monotheistic God.

I was not saying that magic (control of the physical world by appeal to, and manipulation of, the supernatural by a magician) existed. I was trying to explain why it doesn't and why the mindset is not a valid criteria from which to evaluate Christianity.

edit on 8/2/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join