It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notice a lack of TRUMP bumper stickers?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Noticing a lack of "Trump" bumper stickers?

Maybe it's still too soon, but normally when a candidate has a huge following (like Trump does)....like Obama did, you see people touting their campaign paraphernalia everywhere. Why not for Trump? Not that you will never see a Trump sticker or shirt, but you'll never see crowds of openly supportive people, like you did for Obama, or like the Bernie stickers I already see.

I think this says more about the people who are NOT supporting Trump, than it does about the people who are.

Trump has plenty of impassioned followers, who have already made up their minds that they are going to vote for him. I think the fear I am noticing in a lot of people, about publicly coming out to announce they are for Trump, is about the type of people who would key a car with a Trump sticker on it.

Yesterday, I stopped to sign a couple petitions outside of a shopping center, one of them had to do with deportation of illegal immigrants. A young Mexican guy stepped up to sign a petition about legalization of marijuana. He heard that one of the petitions was for deportation, and said "nah I ain't signing that" He turned to look at me (a white woman) and asked "What's she signing?" The man ignored his question, so he asked it again, sounding angry, and the man just said "She is signing a couple different petitions" and the rude guy still continued "yeah but what ones?"
I told him "None of your business, don't worry about it" then he started mumbling some nonsense about how a "stupid woman" will never be president, because that would be stupid to have a woman president. It was really out of context and made no sense, because anyone who knows anything, knows Hillary Clinton will never deport anyone, and I don't want her as president either. His point was to find a way to insult me, because he was so angered by the possibility of me signing the deportation petition.

I started thinking, what would this guy and an army of people just like him do, if they were walking through a parking lot and saw a Trump sticker on a car, and no one was looking? I have no doubt, these are just the type, so threatened and angry about everything they have taken being taken from them, you would start to see a lot of damaged cars. I think Trump supporters all have sensed the mentality they are up against, and That's why I predict they will avoid threat, and stay ambiguous for the meantime, then show themselves at the polls.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think you probably just don't live in the right areas. Pretty sure I saw someone with a Ted Cruz bumper sticker, which is worse. Also, I think less people probably even use bumper stickers anymore. Finally, it is not the hipster cool thing to do to like Trump like it is to like Bernie or it was to like Obama, so people don't feel the need to tout it.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but that is my guess.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Let us all pray that bumper sticker culture is dead & gone.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 222mockingbirdlane

Didn't you already post this?

link   
It's not just bumper stickers, it's people who I know are closet Trump supporters, saying they are undecided, or have no preference, unless they are hiding behind a computer or an anonymous poll.

link   
Trump supporters that live in Democrat voting pockets might be scared.

They don't want their car insurance rates to go up due to excessive vandalism claims.

Same with businesses and window displays.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Didn't you already post this?

Yes it was removed for being in the wrong forum.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It appeared to be 404'd the first time around. I can only assume someone got upset about the suggestion that liberals are the type to destroy property in a childish tantrum based on differences of political ideology...

...which is not so blatant in this reprisal.

Shame, because I kinda agreed with it.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Huh, usually they just move it.

Well like was said in the other thread, you make some rather large generalizations here. Assuming that people would vandalize others property because of a bumber sticker.
I like'd introvert's reasoning that anyone that would want one wouldn't have any room for it with the nascar stickers in the way.
You know, since we are making generalizations.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I would think if that was the case it wouldn't be exclusive to liberals by any means.

We going to act like they are the only ones that throw childish tantrums..

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm a UAW guy, and I have a Trump Bumper Sticker on my car and tool box. On Wednesdays, they ask all Union member to wear red to show solidarity (I call it Communist Wednesday). I had a union rep always giving me # for not wearing a red # so one day I did. A nice bright red Trump - Make America Great Again tee shirt. The looks I got that day were priceless ! ! !

Funny thing is I know a lot of union people at least at my plant that will vote for Trump if he is the nominee.

TRUMP 2016 ! ! !

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

It's the frequency at which it occurs, as well as it's predictability. If I had any desire to involve myself in politics directly, I would take great pains to obscure my identity and property in public.

Because I don't want them shamed or destroyed by crybullying social justice warriors.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 222mockingbirdlane
Noticing a lack of "Trump" bumper stickers?

Maybe it's still too soon, but normally when a candidate has a huge following (like Trump does)....like Obama did, you see people touting their campaign paraphernalia everywhere. Why not for Trump? Not that you will never see a Trump sticker or shirt, but you'll never see crowds of openly supportive people, like you did for Obama, or like the Bernie stickers I already see.

I think this says more about the people who are NOT supporting Trump, than it does about the people who are.

Trump has plenty of impassioned followers, who have already made up their minds that they are going to vote for him. I think the fear I am noticing in a lot of people, about publicly coming out to announce they are for Trump, is about the type of people who would key a car with a Trump sticker on it.

Yesterday, I stopped to sign a couple petitions outside of a shopping center, one of them had to do with deportation of illegal immigrants. A young Mexican guy stepped up to sign a petition about legalization of marijuana. He heard that one of the petitions was for deportation, and said "nah I ain't signing that" He turned to look at me (a white woman) and asked "What's she signing?" The man ignored his question, so he asked it again, sounding angry, and the man just said "She is signing a couple different petitions" and the rude guy still continued "yeah but what ones?"
I told him "None of your business, don't worry about it" then he started mumbling some nonsense about how a "stupid woman" will never be president, because that would be stupid to have a woman president. It was really out of context and made no sense, because anyone who knows anything, knows Hillary Clinton will never deport anyone, and I don't want her as president either. His point was to find a way to insult me, because he was so angered by the possibility of me signing the deportation petition.

I started thinking, what would this guy and an army of people just like him do, if they were walking through a parking lot and saw a Trump sticker on a car, and no one was looking? I have no doubt, these are just the type, so threatened and angry about everything they have taken being taken from them, you would start to see a lot of damaged cars. I think Trump supporters all have sensed the mentality they are up against, and That's why I predict they will avoid threat, and stay ambiguous for the meantime, then show themselves at the polls.

want to have some fun? Buy a bunch of trump stickers and place them on any car with a Sanders or Clinton sticker. first place a blank sticker or trump sticker over the clinton or sanders sticker make sure its in a parking lot and just set up a camera in a car parked directly across from it and watch the fun happen as we get to see how tolerant the liberals actually are to people of opposing view points.
edit on 6-2-2016 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I would assume you have examples then, you know to show the frequency you are talking about.

It is funny because there is post on this thread about vandalizing the cars of sanders/clinton supports and then recording their actions.

Ironic.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I would assume you have examples then, you know to show the frequency you are talking about.

It is funny because there is post on this thread about vandalizing the cars of sanders/clinton supports and then recording their actions.

Ironic.
stickers are vandalizing now? All i said is watch how people react to the stickers! In your post you claim nothing will happen so which is it nothing or something.

Huh, usually they just move it. Well like was said in the other thread, you make some rather large generalizations here. Assuming that people would vandalize others property because of a bumber sticker.

lol got your quote before you edit what you wrote

I don't see how placing one bumper sticker on a car is vandalism considering it over another sticker and can be removed quite easy.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Ah, crap! I forgot to cite my sources!

Gimme a minute, I'll have my dissertation on the subject ready for you straightaway.

Be observant and intellectually honest. That's all you have to do.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

If someone put something on your property with out your permission would you be ok with it?
Admittedly I am being pretty technical about it, but just ironic that this is about how trump supporters are scared to show their support because of possible backlash about it and how that is wrong and you come in and offer up the exact opposite situation and talk as if it is no big deal.

I didn't edit anything in what I wrote to you, what you quoted was to the OP.
edit on thSat, 06 Feb 2016 16:59:47 -0600America/Chicago220164780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I was just asking where you get the frequency from. I did a goggle search and found it pretty even about who's cars were getting 'vandalized'. Though the political stuff was coming from some bias blogs on both sides. So who really knows.

If you don't want to site anything by all means don't, but sorry I asked you how you came to your conclusion that it is so frequent and predicable. Sorry I didn't just take your word at face value.

Be observant and intellectually honest.

I am, and see nothing that you or the OP are getting at.
That is why I asked you.

edit on thSat, 06 Feb 2016 16:58:25 -0600America/Chicago220162580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thSat, 06 Feb 2016 17:21:08 -0600America/Chicago220160880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

a reply to: jobless1

If someone put something on your property with out your permission would you be ok with it?
Admittedly I am being pretty technical about it, but just ironic that this is about how trump supporters are scared to show their support because of possible backlash about it and how that is wrong and you come in and offer up the exact opposite situation and talk as if it is no big deal.

actually you are quoted as saying the op is generalizing people by saying they would vandalize a car because of a bumper sticker. Then pull a 360 and call putting a bumper sticker on a car vandalism and its my assumption you expect people to vandalize the car because of the bumper sticker.

if someone put a bernie sanders sticker on my car I would laugh then get warm water and remove it. I have friends who have done worse things then putting a sticker of someone i don't like on my car. Ps I have a brand new car. Now people place flyers on my car everyday and i just remove them "is this vandalism?" No! It sounds like you are having a hard time drinking your own koolaid. Would you consider it vandalism if gay people put a gay flag sticker on church goes cars or just a harmless prank? My guess is it would be harmless so lets keep it harmless. yeah its someone else property but its not permanent and can be removed easy. Now placing it over the windshield or blasting more then 10 stickers all over the car yeah you may be right is a mild form of vandalism but that isn't the point of the subject and wasn't what i wrote about. Simply put i honestly believe people will vandalize cars with the sticker and so do you as you have proved to everyone.

Vote for who ever you want its your right and i support your right regardless of if I like them or not.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Politics has gotten dangerous.

Having a candidate that isn't trendy might get you beat up, or worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join