It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Dead in Uvalde County Standoff:Updated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

UVALDE CO. -- A Uvalde County official confirms at least four people are dead following a shootout two miles south of downtown Uvalde.

The standoff with police ended around 1:30 p.m. Saturday, more than 19 hours after the original call came in.
Officials confirmed shots have been fired at deputies with the Uvalde County Sheriff's Office.

Border Patrol agents and the Texas Department of Public Safety are assisting with the ongoing situation, according to fire officials.

Multiple Dead in Uvalde County Standoff

This story just broke locally. Uvalde is a small town southwest of San Antonio. It is along a main drug trafficking corridor traveling up from the border.

My first guess is cartel related. I'm waiting to see if the Banditos were involved. I will update as more information is released

ETA:
Here is another local news report. This one says 3 dead, a man and 2 women.
KSAT

edit on 6-2-2016 by quercusrex because: additional source

edit on 2/7/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

edit on 6-2-2016 by intrptr because: redacted…

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's a news bite from a different story in a different town in a different county last month.

edit on 6-2-2016 by quercusrex because: spelling

edit on 6-2-2016 by quercusrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Derp… thanks.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No Prob.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

It's been nuts around the Hondo area recently(I live in the area)

Uvalde.. Fire department, sheriff', border patrol... Trailer park... I'm thinking the standoff is meth related.. Lots of Ice in that area..

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Would not surprise me in the least. Have you heard anything about this yet?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What I'm getting so far is that 1 man and 2 women were shot on Friday when it all started and then the last man was shot today, which ended the stand off.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
if its cartel, its still meth.

i doubt its banditos, although the AB is possible. Interesting development....thanks for the link. Ill have to keep on eye on this.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'll put $ on a Bandito tie in. Could be MM or MS-13 but they all play off each other. We'll see how it turns out.

Glad to say it's not an ISIL or Syrian "refugee" issue. Lol. Sry , couldn't resist.

edit on 6-2-2016 by quercusrex because: smart a$$ comment needed to be added.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: quercusrex
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Would not surprise me in the least. Have you heard anything about this yet?

Nothing through my channels other than what's in the news reports. I know through friends that a lot of meth gets made in Uvalde. I'll hear something through the local grapevine soon. Small towns talk. Lol The fact that the fire department was out there makes me think that this was meth related due to explosive nature of the manufacturing process.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yep sound like they tried to pop a meth lab......
Two women involved doesn't really sound cartelish....

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
if its cartel, its still meth.

i doubt its banditos, although the AB is possible. Interesting development....thanks for the link. Ill have to keep on eye on this.

Not a huge AB following in the area. Cartel.. Possibly.. Lots of the area meth cooks and dealers don't have affiliations with any groups. It's probably just a few meth heads that started cooking and got busted.

Also, if this is meth related, it's just one of about 20 cooks in a 100 mile area.. Sad how rampant the drug.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

My guess (based on similar incidents) is that it's domestic violence. There's been a number of standoffs like this around Texas (and frequently after the gun wielder has killed the spouse and their relatives (and possibly children.) I would not be surprised if there are bodies at another location.

Other reports say it was at a small mobile home park.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

And you are correct. The county sheriff's office just released that the shooter was a 19 year old boy who shot his mother and two neighbors who were in the house and then himself. The sheriff's office said no officers shots killed anyone inside

top topics

join