It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sillyolme thinking I can make a difference.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hello and welcome! It depends on what device you are using to view the site. One of our members was just complaining about using his phone and not seeing avatars. He is waiting to hook up his computer.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You're serious... well I don't do theater but I read that the enterprise bridge was mostly cardboard and flashing lights. Try your local community theater for set designers. They could accommodate you. I did once see a basement turned into an old western saloon complete with swinging doors and a hitching post.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm on a kindle HD fire ten inch tablet. Santa brought it for me after he dropped my old eight inch into a sink of soapy dish water. Yeah don't ask. It has to do with karaoke and the acoustics in a tiny kitchen.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I'm on a kindle HD fire ten inch tablet. Santa brought it for me after he dropped my old eight inch into a sink of soapy dish water. Yeah don't ask. It has to do with karaoke and the acoustics in a tiny kitchen.

Um...ok. LOL

I have a laptop. It would drive me insane not to see anyone's avatars. We have some of the most amazing avatars ever! We have folks in here who make custom ones as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Yeah I know. Other than identifying members quickly with a glance I guess ill be okay without them.
The home page is nothing but titles. No preview of content.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That might be because you are using a tablet instead of a phone or computer, if memory serves.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I guess. It's fine. The tablet is brand new and an older one showed much more when my neighbor used it to log into his account here to show me something. (Which is funny because I'm the one who introduced him to the site. He joined while I just lurked. )
I didn't try logging in on my PC which is also brand new.
Santa was good this past Christmas lol

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
For what its worth, in your settings you can choose to view the desktop site instead of mobile. I STRONGLY prefer it that way, personally.

If I remember correctly, a new mobile side is in the works, but things like that can take a while.

Welcome to the site.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
hi

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

welcome. May the schwartz be with you. See you around the boards!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Thank you.
Love Space Balls references.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 2head

Hey there. Sorry I missed your post.
Elections and all

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hey Sillyolme, glad to see you. hope you are having fun and look forward to seeeing you around. Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Retired at 58? You can't make this stuff up!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

edit on 6/18/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
...intro....'thinking I can make a difference.'

at last a pragmatist who understands that the overblown butterfly effect is a hyped up Fantasy in a Practical World...

I hope i'm reading you correct... we will see in the manner of your replies & attitude projections

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
A retired "stay at home mother"! No wonder this country is falling apart...

edit on 18/6/16 by xxspockyxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xxspockyxx

Yeah. I sold a flooring and kitchen design business I'd been in since I was 22. I started in 79. Restarted in 81 hey I was young. Had to get my dad to cosign a loan as they wouldn't give a single woman a business loan back then.
I expanded to kitchen design when I moved to Virginia in 91 as my husband is a very talented cabinet maker.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xxspockyxx

I am a mother but could not afford to be an at home mommy. I retired from running a design, flooring business.
Well I started as a sales person then started contracting installers then opened a small store. Then quit then started over.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

im hoping someone helped you figure this out already, but, it Sounds like the dame thing I once dealt with... so, if you are still not seeing avatars....

On the ATS menu bar, click the down arrow which is next to the LogOut button (two buttons right of MyATS), this will activate the horizontally oriented drop down menu, which is essentially just a second row of buttons below the standard horizontal ATS menu bar.

Click Account.

Scroll down to bottom.

Click Desktop Version.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join