It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants in inflatable dinghy rescued from the Channel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Turns out this is the boat.

There were terrible waves and the boat had filled with water," said Bernard Barron, one of the rescuers.
www.thelocal.fr...

Scary stuff. If you want to hear an atheist pray put them in a boat three miles offshore and swamp it.

It was a real attempt in the wrong weather.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Fair one, in calm weather the crossing would be easily do-able in that...rough seas, not so much.
The big question is are those thousands of men going to try a sea crossing more often now?
All I can say is that if they risk the lives of the children in their self-imposed slum camp to try and sway public opinion in the UK then they really are a bunch of cruel bastards.

THEY ARE NO LONGER FLEEING OPPRESSION, THEY ARE IN A SAFE NATION (FRANCE) REFUSING TO CLAIM ASYLUM, THEY ARE NO LONGER ASYLUM SEEKERS, THEY ARE ECONOMIC MIGRANTS.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I been feeling for a while that a flotilla is on the cards.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

They certainly won't be welcomed with open arms if I'm walking my local beach one day and a boat full step to shore.
Economic migrants who have left a safe country to illegally enter mine, I'll consider them invaders and conversations with everyone I know are the same.

To anyone reading this in France thinking about it, tell your friends, you won't be clapped and cheered like in Germany, your welcome is likely to be hostile because you are no longer fleeing oppression. You are in a safe EU nation and refuse to claim asylum there because there is a bigger teat to suck on in the UK than France.
The UK is not making the same stupid mistake that Merkel did

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Gracias!

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
They certainly won't be welcomed with open arms if I'm walking my local beach one day and a boat full step to shore.

You would not be able to get to the beach on account of the World's press and all the do-gooders with their "we welcome refugees" banners.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

You would not be able to get to the beach on account of the World's press and all the do-gooders with their "we welcome refugees" banners.
Let's hope we don't get to find out this summer...

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Let's hope we don't get to find out this summer...

Invest your savings in “Big Rubber Inflatables Corp” of China, and you’ll be quids in. The migrants just need to sail a few miles out and they’ll be “rescued”. If it’s a British lifeboat, then they’re in with big smiles all around as they are handed the keys to their new house, or hotel. If it’s French, then they’ll have another go.

For their health and safety, I think the British should start issuing migrants in Calais with lifejackets.

This is a losing battle unless they are deported from whence they came and France aren’t going to do that. They will keep trying to get to Britain. Who knows how many have made it so far.

I am feeling very cynical about people using and abusing asylum as a means to get into a country.
edit on 7/2/2016 by paraphi because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I agree completely, and it is a concern for sure, I just hope that because the migrants are not actually fleeing oppression when they leave France they will not receive the same sympathy when they risk drowning the minority of children from their self-imposed slum camps. They are economic migrants so long as they refuse to claim asylum in France.

Maybe it really will come down to the UK border force and Royal Navy patrolling the UK maritime boundary with France, as can be seen in this handy map PDF

top topics

<< 1   >>

join