It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Investigations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hi there,

I just thought it would be interesting to have a 'psychic investigation corner' to discuss on-going/past investigations where someone has disappeared or been killed to see if we can derive further insight.

I know many of us have seen Netflix's Making a Murderer and I'm sure a number of viewer believe both Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey are innocent and have been setup/framed by another party.

I've always been interested in psychic abilities and mediumship and truly believe there is something to them. I think those with such abilities can offer further insight that go beyond the traditional five senses and perhaps point us towards the truth (but not necessarily give us a road map). Seeing as I've mentioned the Teresa Halbach case. Anyone who's a psychic medium, can you offer further insights? Do you believe Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey are innocent? Do you require a photograph or a physical object before you can tune into someone's circumstances?

Are there any other missing person/murder cases you'd like to discuss?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Retro~Burn

The difficulty on the matter of 'psychic individuals' is determining exactly who (if any) actually has these abilities, and who is just bat # crazy.

Anyone can claim that they are psychic, especially in a place where no ID/reputation is required.

Considering we haven't yet been able to validate the existence of psychic abilities scientifically, there is no way to determine whom is or isn't psychic.

As for the Teresa Halbach case, I would say a better way to get a more accurate conclusion is to bring the case to a federal level, as virtually everything in the ruling had stacked against Avery.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
That would be an awesome idea. I'm not familiar with this case but I've always looked to find a place where many individuals could get together and set their intention on another member's problem such as illness, a missing person, money problems or whatever. For example: member Billy_butternutbread is experiencing tonsillitis. Members would agree upon a time when they would send healing thoughts to Billy for a predetermined amount of time. You know, make Billy better so to speak..Sorry about drift. I can't wait to see what you uncover. Thanks.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I was just replying and lost the thread. Real quick, my experience proved that, while we are often correct in our impressions, we can fail miserably in the interpretation of the impression. I will get back to you with a brilliant example later. I have some commitments right now.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Just like the idea that E.T. visits Earth, ESP and paranormal is a similar predicament.

Its a field of study that a lot of people laugh at or are simply too afraid to realistically confront. Confirmation bias abounds.
edit on 6-2-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'll look into a rumor I heard years ago where a psychic was instrumental in the Backpackers serial killer Ivan Milat in Australia.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Hi there, I'm back. I've spent more time trying to figure out how to get this in one post and I've failed miserably at it, so if you are still with me, you might have to hunt for the second part. Let's just see what happens...For the sake of getting to the point, imagine that this is an excerpt from a book that you have opened at random:

After the break, we gathered again in the meeting room. The chairs were now rearranged into a large circle. Marilyn welcomed everyone back and explained that before the break, we had paired up to do a one-on-one exercise in psychometry. Now we were going to see if we could do a group exercise. She referred to a recent murder in a near by city and said, pointing to me, that we had a couple of items from the murder scene that would be passed around and each participant was to be still and see what impressions they got from the item She added that we were to remain quiet until each person was finished. The items were a small lady’s make-up compact and a small black bobby pin that I had taken from the scene. She handed the first item to the person next to her and after they were finished with it, they passed it to the person to their left and received the second item, which got passed on in the same fashion.

The group became very somber and I was a little afraid to be there because I felt I was completely out of my league. I wasn’t sure how to behave but decided that they all knew we were just visitors so I didn’t need to worry. All I had to do was to pass on the items to the next person when they came my way. This exercise took quite a long time, and everyone waited patiently and quietly. Once the first item came to me, I immediately passed it on to the person on my left.

When the second item, the bobby pin, came my way, I went to pass it to that same person to my left, but he was still holding the compact, as if silently praying over it, so I sat there holding the bobby pin while waiting for him to finish. I was trying to just stay still and not fidget, so I became more focused than usual in trying to remain in a calm state. After some moments I felt a quick and sudden alarm and inwardly exclaimed, “Oh my God! It’s got blood on it!” I almost instinctively dropped the bobby pin, but I was still in the residue of putting on a calm exterior. Without moving, I tried to look at the bobby pin for any visible sign of blood and wasn’t sure, but it seemed there was a bit of gunk, if you will, sort of stuck in the fold. I wondered about it but also thought it could be anything, as I had found it on a dirty floor of the apartment. I felt my heart begin to pound a bit and was greatly relieved when the man next to me was ready to take this uncomfortable item away from me.

My part was over, and all I had to do was to maintain a poker face as the items worked their way around the 20 chairs or so. Once done, she invited an open discussion on people’s impressions. She began with the person who had begun the chain and most said something or another. To be honest, I don’t recall what anyone said because of a particular moment that was about to take place that shocked me and erased the rest of it.

When the discussion had worked its way to me, I felt embarrassed to have everyone’s eyes on me, but I just shrugged and said that I didn’t get anything. My statement was politely accepted, even though I had surprised everyone with my accuracy of the earlier exercise before the break.

The conversation continued around the group and then settled onto a woman that was sitting directly across from me in the circle. She said that she did not get anything off the compact, but when it came to the bobby pin, the impression she had was: “Oh my God! It’s got blood on it!” She was visibly shaken from the experience and fortunately everyone’s eyes were now on her. They all wondered about why she had such a strong impression and they sort of chatted amongst themselves but I wasn’t listening at that point. I was struggling with feeling confronted on the spot to either speak up or remain silent.

I can’t fully explain why I had chosen to remain silent. Probably the honest answer was because I did not want everyone looking at me again the way they had done earlier. But there was a deeper, instinctive feeling that this might become some sort of three ring circus of group excitement with everyone’s impulsive and shallow impressions too quickly shared. What was racing through my own mind at the moment was a collision of questions: “Does it indeed have blood on it or did you read my mind? If you read my mind, how did you do it? Would this have happened if your weren’t sitting directly across from me; if you had been sitting in some other chair? Did I imagine something and then “impress my impression” onto the bobby pin? Did you? Did I read your mind before you even had the thought?”

I had no answer to any of these questions and still don’t. Perhaps I did them a disservice by not sharing my own experience but I had seen how the other “psychics” behaved at the crime scene and I just felt a need to distance myself while the subject was still simply an exercise in psychometry.

edit on 6-2-2016 by ClownFish because: I've made a mess of trying to split up a post. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

edit on 6-2-2016 by ClownFish because: I got it in one piece and got left with a redundant second part that now won't go away. Geez.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Its a neat idea, and to be honest, I have had some of those kinds of 'impressions' myself. It is neat to get a visceral feeling that is so intense you almost have to believe it is real.

Here is the problem though. If you exhibit any knowledge of a crime scene or a victim, regardless of your alibi, you immediately become the prime suspect. That lie detector wont save you if you have knowledge the police never released to the general public. When the police issue a press release, there is always some critical information left out, that only people at the crime scene when it happened would know.

If you show up rattling off details no one else knows, you best have a very good lawyer.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Very true, except I didn't rattle anything except for the wrong cage. I almost got arrested.

By the way, I could use a good lawyer. Is there such a thing? Sorry, not a nice thing to say. It's just that the more I have seen of authority figures, the more withdrawn I have become. ATS has finally given me a voice that I hesitate to use. I have been trying to figure things out for sixty years now. It can take years to connect a single dot and years more to realize you were wrong. Too many dots. But here at ATS I feel less alone. That might not add up to a bowl of beans in the end, but for now it is a priceless comfort.

Cheers.
edit on 7-2-2016 by ClownFish because: Clarity

top topics

join