It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WhiteLivesMatter :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Ok before I posted this , I did the rolly eyes thing like really?? what are you complaining about??, but I thought about how things may look to him, he looked about 60+ probably more and he see his world changing rapidly around him, he is confused and afraid, will heavily melaninated people oppress him perhaps as pay back, if "white" is losing it's status what will be the new one and in his confusion he seems to be looking for guarantee.

Let me just say this to all that have this worry, no! most heavily melaninated ppl want parity, not turning white ppl into peons and slaves.I said most ! some ppl will be racist and carry such views but I know will be held in check by Americans of every stripe, now this old man say he is married to a Blk woman, I don't if he have kids or grand kids but he should sit down with them and more importantly his kid's or grand kids friends and asked them about their attitude about race.
In the end Whitelives does matter because my friend's lives matters..
edit on 6-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

That is nice of you to say but it really depends on the context. When a person only mentions the whole "all lives matter" thing when it is a response to BLM, I get annoyed. It is being said to counter the concept of black lives mattering. Were any of these people chanting "all lives matter" before BLM became a thing?

It reminds me of those guys who bring up male circumcision in response to criticism towards female circumcision, as a way of countering anger towards the practice. None of those people take up an interest in stopping male circumcision until they can use it to somehow justify female circumcision. Same with guys who are quick to point out that men get raped too whenever women rape statistics are brought up even though, outside of the context of that conversation, those guys couldn't care less about men getting raped.

Sorry, this thread struck a nerve. That guy in the OP isn't one of the ones I am mad at. There is a genuine fear in some people that they will lose privilege and become an oppressed minority. But once again... why aren't these people fearing for those who have been oppressed this whole time? Why do so many only care about the oppressed when they feel they are getting close to being oppressed? Is that not suspicious to you?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Believe me I understand that implicit in the term Blacklivesmatter is meant for everyone, and the term it's self is meant to draw attention that stuff have been happening in black folks communities for decades without being addressed.

Why do so many only care about the oppressed when they feel they are getting close to being oppressed? Is that not suspicious to you?

Well many simply didn't have to think about it before.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I don't know what to make of this anymore. I guess all lives matter or no lives matter. If people are so into their race and not the human race they should seek treatment for what ails them.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

he looked about 60+ probably more and he see his world changing rapidly around him, he is confused and afraid,

So, he can't just be a bigoted dumbass, he has to be old and afraid? This guy looks well over 60 and at that age, he's seen more change than any 20 - 30 year old. He was actually around when MLK was protesting for equality. He was there when Man first stepped foot on the moon and he was there when Russia fell. I dare say "rapid change" is not the cause of his outlook.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
He seems like he's not really able to articulate his position so it's hard to fathom what his genuine motivation is. He doesn't strike me as racist or hateful, just bewildered and maybe not all there.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

he looked about 60+ probably more and he see his world changing rapidly around him, he is confused and afraid,

So, he can't just be a bigoted dumbass, he has to be old and afraid? This guy looks well over 60 and at that age, he's seen more change than any 20 - 30 year old. He was actually around when MLK was protesting for equality. He was there when Man first stepped foot on the moon and he was there when Russia fell. I dare say "rapid change" is not the cause of his outlook.

Honestly I don't what to make of him, but I do know that many folks his age are very afraid of changes happening around them, these folks passed on their fears to younger members of their fam, so I try not to dismiss his fears out of hand but try my best to understand him knowing full well I have a tendency to be judgmental if things fall out side my context or world view.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879 If that's what it really means then maybe they should change the name to "ALL Lives Matter" ? Its funny to me that its ok to have "black" in front of any word and it ok, but if you put "white" before a word, its racist. it makes me think that black folks are jealous because they aren't white. Maybe the slogan should read "Black People Run From Cops and Get Shot" ?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Medicator
a reply to: Spider879 If that's what it really means then maybe they should change the name to "ALL Lives Matter" ? Its funny to me that its ok to have "black" in front of any word and it ok, but if you put "white" before a word, its racist. it makes me think that black folks are jealous because they aren't white. Maybe the slogan should read "Black People Run From Cops and Get Shot" ?

But that would be missing the point that these actions started in Blk folks communities were acute going back decades before there were recording devices everywhere and even now, ppl still still make up excuses of what U and I see didn't happened,so I am fine with the name as is, but like Abysha said white folks could have started a movement with the slogan Allivesmatter and protest police and judicial misconduct whenever or wherever it rears it's ugly head matter of fact they can still do this very minute.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

If I say "All Lives Matter" do I have to apologize to white people now as well?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No but do you mean it?? lets say another Tamir Rice or Eric Gardner happened will you be out there with your alllivesmatter sign??

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I consistently treat and have treated everyone the same. I'd like to think that I am representative of most middle-class average Americans. Race is a non-issue for me.

I don't even think about it unless it is brought up here or on the news.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
what to make of him??? he has an opinion, hes not some new species wev've never seen before. now when he starts disrupting traffic,disrupting education and storming and siezing buldings fully strapped then theres somethin to look at.NO LIVES MATTER. who really thinks any of this BS matters in the grand scheme of things there are planets out there colliding,black holes swallowing up galaxies and numerous undiscovered parts of our own ocean teaming with unknown life. but yep black, white , yellow,trump,clinton, sanders yup that all matters soooooo much.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: DAVID64

Honestly I don't what to make of him, but I do know that many folks his age are very afraid of changes happening around them, these folks passed on their fears to younger members of their fam, so I try not to dismiss his fears out of hand but try my best to understand him knowing full well I have a tendency to be judgmental if things fall out side my context or world view.

SOME of us over 60's are afraid of it.

Others of us are glad for the change (I remember being asked to room with two Black girls when we were on a choir trip so that they could be housed overnight in people's houses. As an Army brat, I'd been around People Not Like Me all my life and had no problem with it. Others in the choir found it difficult to think of someone with another skin color sleeping in the same bedroom with them.)

What happens is that when things equal out, they don't see it as "everyone finally getting power" but rather as "power is a precious thing and if someone else suddenly has the same kind of power as YOU do, then YOU LOST!" So they don't see that women/people of other races are finally "getting a chance" and that it's better for everyone. They see power as kind of a chocolate cake. If Those Guys come in and get a slice, there's none left for the guy who had it all.

They don't consider that the new folks can then learn to bake chocolate cakes and now there's enough for everyone.

Societies progress more rapidly when the power is not in the hands of just a few people (priests, emperors, kings, etc)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

He isnt going to be alive too much longer.

Why doesn't he try to enjoy the rest of his life in peace and spend time with his family?

Seriously. What exactly does he expect to accomplish?

I see an older man who still doesn't 'get it'.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

No but do you mean it?? lets say another Tamir Rice or Eric Gardner happened will you be out there with your alllivesmatter sign??

Can you show me any cases of a white child being killed and the black/all-livesmatter crowd getting out with signs?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Why is he wearing a sombrero? Is it his birthday?
In that case, happy birthday!..

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Can you show me any cases of a white child being killed and the black/all-livesmatter crowd getting out with signs?

No!! for there isn't an alllivesmatter crowd, just ppl who complained Blacklivesmatter crowd should rename their group, I mean if their detractors are simply not deflecting then start one , snatch the headlines my point is don't sit back and wait for them to be perfect, their protest is rooted in decades of police misconduct within their communities ,if in your community assuming you live in a mostly white community where LEOs and the justice system treated the folks in that community in a similar fashion then don't just sit there.. DO SOMETHING!

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

The BLM crowd says the name is BLM but it is understood ALL lives matter. So you answered that, their actions show ALL lives do not matter to them.

They demand others get behind BLM ... here is a tip, don't ask of someone else what you yourself won't do.

ETA: I have no problem with the slogan Black Lives Matter ... as long as the actions speak that ALL lives matter. I have a problem when you claim you really mean ALL lives matter, but your actions show you don't. Why am I bad for not caring about "your" lives when you make it clear you don't care about "ours"? Are you not guilty of the same thing? Are you not expecting me to do/believe something you yourself do not do/believe?

When a group of BLM students harass white students what does that have to do with police brutality? BLM is not racist because of the name, it's racist because it condones racism. King had a dream, this was not it.
edit on 7-2-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I have no problem with the slogan Black Lives Matter ... as long as the actions speak that ALL lives matter. I have a problem when you claim you really mean ALL lives matter, but your actions show you don't. Why am I bad for not caring about "your" lives when you make it clear you don't care about "ours"? Are you not guilty of the same thing? Are you not expecting me to do/believe something you yourself do not do/believe?

When a group of BLM students harass white students what does that have to do with police brutality? BLM is not racist because of the name, it's racist because it condones racism

My response was to DBCowboy 's all lives matter did he really believe it, in which he answered in the affirmative yes. am saying decades of complaining petitioning ,and protesting about those conditions spoke above provided no response from the majority community where were they?? matter of fact many finds such complaints unbelievable because of the rarity of it in such communities , yes estranging potential allies is foolish I had said so in other threads this is just one of my criticism of some of it's members,for example they could have done good with .

A Cop Killed A White Teen And The #AllLivesMatter Crowd Said Nothing

These points are no consolation to a dead 19-year-old. But they differ from the reality of what black people routinely face in similar situations.

Hammond's death also highlights a truth many white Americans seem reluctant to face: that police violence can affect anyone -- their white friends, cousins, brothers, sisters, even themselves. Though bad policing may take a disproportionate toll on communities of color, the calls for reform now being voiced loudest by people of color would benefit all of us.

Many people in the Black Lives Matter movement have been saying this since the beginning, which is why, in the absence of much mainstream media coverage, black Twitter has taken the most active role in making sure Hammond's name and story are heard
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Perhaps they are beginning widening their views beyond their immediate communities.

new topics

top topics

join