It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: List of Withheld JFK Assassination Documents.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I was writing while you posted this.

I believe we are saying essentially the same thing, using different words.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

One thing which does endure this expanse of time is not people, but corporate entities. Many, if not most, of the big multi-national mega corporations which existed in 1963 are still thriving corporations today. And these corporations along with government official's relationships with them (both then and now) likely WILL be exposed by the release of the documents.

edit on 2/6/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It is perfectly reasonable to suspect that JFK was hit from within, no doubt using proxies and baffles to hide the identity of the initiator of the action. However, I would argue that Reagan was no kind of exception. His actions in economic terms are what laid the groundwork for the destruction of workers rights and the collapse of manufacturing in the west, when compared with its impressive and vast power before his presidency. His close association with Thatcher, another tyrannical inflator of the gap between the people and the power, should be evidence enough that he was, for all intents and purposes, a company man in all but name.

However, other than the Reagan element, I believe that you are probably right about the contents of these documents.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

All good points, and perfectly reasonable logic regarding the ages of the then players and main characters.

But you forgot about dynasties.

This is one reason for them to continue to hide the truth about JFK...dynasty..both family and corporate / agency dynasties, which could and probably would come tumbling down if it became known that certain family dynasties were complicit in assassinating JFK.

As you say, there can be no other valid reason for keeping these secrets today.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Well, I guess my point with Reagan was more he wasn't cut from the company mold beforehand like most others have been since JFK. He was kind of an outsider. Carter before him had been such a catastrophic failure as a president that the will of the establishment could not overcome the sense of national shame coupled with the charisma of Reagan in the eye of the public in 1981. And, as I noted, because he played nice in the establishment sandbox he was allowed to remain.

Carter very nearly up-ended the entire 'establishment' applecart. He had them hopelessly pinned on their backs. They were decimated, powerless and paralyzed.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

All good points, and perfectly reasonable logic regarding the ages of the then players and main characters.

But you forgot about dynasties.

I did not forget about them.

This is one reason for them to continue to hide the truth about JFK...dynasty..both family and corporate / agency dynasties, which could and probably would come tumbling down if it became known that certain family dynasties were complicit in assassinating JFK.

The reason I say I did not forget about these dynasties, is that I am perfectly aware of their existence, and it is my belief that once again, protecting these individuals from loss of face and power, is not an acceptable reason to keep documents under wraps. Although us conspiracy theorists might know full well that intelligence organisations and governments are largely in business for their own reason, as opposed to those of the people they are supposed represent, it is absolutely vital, if this is ever to change, that dynastic elements, business concerns, and saving the blushes of both, are smashed aside as concerns beneath notice, in the quest for truth, justice, and freedom.

As you say, there can be no other valid reason for keeping these secrets today.

Indeed. Since the protection of the powerful from the powerless is not a valid reason to do anything of note at all, one might say that there are no valid reasons of any kind!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Then really..Carter wasn't such a catastrophic failure after all.

If he'd have stayed, the world might still be run by governments instead of mega corps holding the puppet strings.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Agreed, but they wouldn't necessarily even have to be complicit in the assassination. Just the exposure of the length and breadth of these dynasties (as you put it, which I rather like), and their sheer power and influence, would be enough to put them in serious jeopardy today.

This is why I don't believe much of this information will ever see the light of day until the end-game is achieved (whatever that end-game is).

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

it is absolutely vital, if this is ever to change, that dynastic elements, business concerns, and saving the blushes of both, are smashed aside as concerns beneath notice, in the quest for truth, justice, and freedom.

Since the protection of the powerful from the powerless is not a valid reason to do anything of note at all, one might say that there are no valid reasons of any kind!

Totally agreed.

Ah...for an ideal world eh?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Interesting way to spin that.

Hmmmmm...might have to think about that one a little.

No, I think actually Carter would have been next. He had crippled big business, crippled the economy of the western world, decimated the military and undermined the image of everything the west stood for.

Don't forget, the puppet strings you refer to had already been held for a long time by 1977. I don't believe he would have survived even a year of a 2nd term.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Very well said.

There can be no excuse.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I highly doubt that sensitive and highly classified documents concerning JFK will ever be released. It would only show how long our government has been lying to us and can't even be trusted today. They'll do anything they can to keep these records sealed.

When the Boston Marathon bombing happened in April 2013 there was also an event that didn't get much press. A few miles away the JFK Presidential Library had an explosion only a few hours afterward. This was initially confirmed by Boston PD but then changed to a fire that started in the mechanical room.

What's interesting is that the mechanical room was next to the archive records. There are over 60 boxes of records from RFK's time as attorney general and contains 7 records related to the JFK assassination. Why is this important? Judicial Watch has been seeking a lawsuit to get these records revealed.

www.jfkfacts.org...

"Judicial Watch says that RFK's papers include seven records that the Assassination Board deemed "assassination-related" in the 1990s. These records include some of the president's personal records; documents describing Central Intelligence activities in Cuba; a Cuban information Services message dated 1/26/63 entitled, "THE PLANES THAT WERE NOT THERE," a State Department incoming cable from Mexico; and a document entitle, "Information on Lincoln Bubble Top Automobile sinse (sic) returning from Dallas."

My point is that some classified documents are very damaging and can't be released, no matter how long time has passed.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

The trouble with idealism, is accepting that one is in the business of being an idealist.

An ideal world would be one in which there had never been born, a person who desired power more than honour, one in which no person valued there own safety and security as being more important than their dignity or freedom.

I am not an idealist in the least, for I know that we do not live on such a planet. However, I am a realist, in that I am aware that unless people stand up for the rights they are supposed to have, things will never improve, the ways of the world will never change to better represent the needs of the people that those ways are supposed to serve. Every nation has secrets which ought to be broadly known, every nation has individuals and organisations in its payroll which have done great wrong and bought shame to their people and their ancestors.

The more of these things are bought to light, the less a false moral high ground can be adopted by leaders with powerful military and intelligence backing, the less leaders will able to fool people into believing that the exercise of their power is done for the public good, the less wrong can be done without immediate repercussions for the perpetrators.

If no one stands for now, we loose the future too. The past is a lost cause, and serves only to educate us. If they take from us our ability to learn from the past, then they secure our future too, and that is something which is true no matter which side of the pond we might live on.

The folks in the USA need to fight for the right to know their past in truth, if they are ever to engender a future which is an improvement upon that past, and without a doubt, the future being an improvement on the past is necessary, now more than ever.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Well, I don't think there's any smoking gun there beyond RFK's continuing quest to expose the relationship between organized labor and organized crime. This would have put any Kennedy on a hit list with the mob.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I truly wish people (all 'the people') could see these words, and understand them in the context of both this discussion as well has who wrote them...and why.

It is truly a shame that people (in general) have allowed not only this country, but much of the civilized world, to become what it currently is. I wish I could say it was only this country, but sadly it isn't. If it were just this country then at least there would be a benchmark to which things could be compared. As it stands, as everyone descends into control of the power elite at a relatively equal rate it appears as if everyone is flying level. The ground, unfortunately, is not far below now.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Well, I don't think there's any smoking gun there beyond RFK's continuing quest to expose the relationship between organized labor and organized crime. This would have put any Kennedy on a hit list with the mob.

My personal belief is that the mob was in cahoots with the CIA. And who was in the CIA? Our former president George HW Bush, who was rumored to be in Dallas that day. (Yes, you know this already)

The whole story being spun was it was Oswald who acted alone, there were only 3 shots, and he killed Officer Tippit. I've seen photos of bullets in the windshield of the Presidential limosine and there's a document concerning the bubble top limo that is in the archives there.

That article I posted was February 27, 2013. Then there's a fire at JFK library in April. I just think that's too convenient.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

My point is that some classified documents are very damaging and can't be released, no matter how long time has passed.

Look at the language here. The documents may be damaging, but for whom? The nation? Surely not. Not after all this time. For individuals and organisations who have profited from wrongdoing? Certainly, but then again, they are not important when compared with the will and freedom of the people!

And as for the idea that these records "can't be released", well, that is not accurate is it? They could be. It is a simple matter of having an archivist head down into the basement or warehouse where the stuff is stored, collate, and collect that material, and bring it out into public view, no different than taking out a library book, or accessing research materials for a paper or thesis.

What you meant was that they will not be released for that reason, and on that point, you may be absolutely right. But it is important to understand that the language we use to describe that state of affairs must be accurate. The information will not be damaging to the United States of America. It may harm the business interests, political intentions and aspirations, and the reputation of some of the powerful individuals and families in the US, and it may cause nation wide protest even, but it will not be damaging to the country, because it is the lie, and the continuation of the lies that causes damage! It is the not knowing that causes damage.

That is why I believe that the information must be released regardless, because to do otherwise is far more of a threat to national security than its release could ever present, so old as it is.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Awwww, JEEZUS...BUSH DID NOT DO IT!!

For cripes sakes...is there ANYTHING (anything at all) Bush DIDN'T do???????

I'm so absolutely, unbelievably, SICK of hearing about Bush I could VOMIT!!

Bush sucked. OKAY?

Bush did NOT assassinate Kennedy!!!

George HW Bush didn't even get involved in politics until 1964, and only then for the republican campaign party. He wasn't even associated with the CIA until 1971. Prescott Bush (HW's father) aside from being a senator was otherwise a political non-starter. By 1963 he had publically admonished Nelson Rockefeller. And 'Dubya' was just too freaking stoopid to assassinate anyone without accidentally shooting himself first.

Let's give the whole Bush thing a serious REST...shall we??

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Well said. That is what I meant. Our country is tired of the lies coming out of our politicians mouths and I completely agree the documents need to be released.

But it won't happen.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Awwww, JEEZUS...BUSH DID NOT DO IT!!

For cripes sakes...is there ANYTHING (anything at all) Bush DIDN'T do???????

I'm so absolutely, unbelievably, SICK of hearing about Bush I could VOMIT!!

Bush sucked. OKAY?

Bush did NOT assassinate Kennedy!!!

George HW Bush didn't even get involved in politics until 1964, and only then for the republican campaign party. He wasn't even associated with the CIA until 1971. Prescott Bush (HW's father) aside from being a senator was otherwise a political non-starter. By 1963 he had publically admonished Nelson Rockefeller. And 'Dubya' was just too freaking stoopid to assassinate anyone without accidentally shooting himself first.

Let's give the whole Bush thing a serious REST...shall we??

I did not say Bush assassinated JFK, only that it was RUMORED that he was in Dallas that day. There is a document that Hoover said a George Bush with the CIA was in Dallas, but was it him? Maybe. Maybe not. Who really knows?

Yes, Bush sucked. Both Bush presidents did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join