It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigs: Q&A/General Information Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: reldra

My advice: eleaf batteries are not made to take a beating. They will dethread rather quickly no mtter what you do. You can slow it down by cleaning out the battery post every time (removing any microparticles that speed up the abrasion). You can also buy an extender that you can put in place, and just screw your tanks onto it. My wife does this with one of her 20w mini eleafs.

Another option is to buy Innokin. You can get, for example, a coolfire for the same price as a eleaf 50, but the threads (and other compnonents) will wear longer.

Not that im knocking eleaf. We have a few and they've worked well.

It was actually a pen shaped smoov batt that got dethreaded and an itazte. Then the kanger tank itself lost it's threading. An extender is a good idea, anyway. ty

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KingKelson

Vaporized medicine is nothing new, although the methodology is different. In our house, the first sign of chest congestion causes an instant move towards the nebulizer. We get a jump on the cold with the application of moisture and albuterol.

Vaporized alcohol is a growing trend.

Beyond that, lie the areas outside of T&C....so its a no go zone.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Thank you! This is where I got it. $10 ^_^
Came really quickly, in the mail, too.

www.mister-e-liquid.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

yikes yeah...kids these days are wacky that's for sure. I had no idea. In light of that, I feel that I should mention that if you clean your atomizers with vodka, you should allow them to dry for approximately 24 hours afterwards.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
That's legit about the medicine and such but would it be scientifically possible to make a nutrient vape? Like daily dose of vitamins and such and maybe eventually get to the point where a bottle of eliquid can provide a full meals nutrients so say if someone doesn't have time for a meal or needs a snack, that person could just vape a bit and bam! Full meal?

Or if that's unrealistic (which it probably is) what other legal applications can vaping be used for? It seems to me that there has to be other consumer applications, although those probably won't happen until the whole legal battle is over and done with

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO

i almost feel bad correcting you here but...
an "unregulated" does not have any settings, it denotes a purely mechanical device with no computerized parts and relies solely on the wiring OR the conductivity of the device itself to allow direct power to flow from the battery to the atomizer. While there are some unregulated devices that have steps in the circuitry to utilize ohm or voltage meters, these do not regulate the flow of power and have a minimal influence on condition of a battery to the order of a .05 voltage drop along that curcuit, at maximium.

anytime you here a story about a mod blowing up it is not the device! the explosion is cause by the battery. It can be argued that it is the device because some come with internal batteries, usually some form of "Lithium-polymer" battery. In my opinion these are the most volatile batteries to use for any device. Thankfully most of these devices ARE regulated and have electrical components that work to prevent the battery from becoming unstable, resulting in thermal run away. I have only heard of one case of this type of device "exploding"

In most other devices the battery is a [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-ion_battery]"lithium-ion" batttery. For vaping its a much better battery as the chemistry is far more stable. However they can still easily be "vented" when people use them incorrectly. The majority of stories that you will hear, which there are very few, are from these types of batteries being used incorrectly in a "mech" or "mechanical mod". This is the type of device that should only be used by the most experienced vapers becasue of the importance of battery safety.

These users know the resistance of thier builds at all times as well as the condition, specs and limits of thier batteries. It is the "cool" kids who jump way out of thier league and go mechanical and do stupid things with them with out even realizing.

This is why i must correct you, please do not spout information on public forums that is incorrect especially in this case as uninformed people are at risk. I got into this industry to help people get cigareetes out of thier lives not to be cool. so when i see the potential for misguidance it bothers me. If your gonna post a thread about vaping and title it as you have
please provide some valid information that is constructive.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KingKelson

I told ya once and I'll say it again--it doesn't work like that. It'll pass through the blood-brain barrier, but calories are metabolized in your intestinal walls and in your cheeks. liquid food works, but not gaseous food. Silly Kelson, the Sky Wendys don't want you to have nice things xD
edit on 7-2-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce

i can't get it to upload, so here: www.smh.com.au...

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Vaporized medicine is nothing new, although the methodology is different.

That reminds me of the big clunky machine my grandpa had. He had emphysema from farm work and had to take regular breathing treatments. The machine produced a white vapor he'd breath in.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

they aren't big and clunky now:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This was during the 70's and 80's. Whenever I think of him, I remember that machine.

edit on 7-2-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Quit smoking and started vaping in October, 2012. My favorite flavor is Kickin Cola by Steam Junk, 16 mg nicotine (staryed at 32 mg), hi VG.

Wat! Man I smoked American Spirit light blues in one drag and dropped from 24mg in a couple of weeks. I'm surprised you're still at 16 after 4 years.

I'd really recommend staying away from eLeaf anything. Terrible track record. I really liked mine, but it started auto firing and I was done.

I started avoiding tanks with a variable airflow twist thing, usually don't work well. As long as I change coils often enough, $16 tanks are fine.

I've never owned a tank (aside from my SvoeMesto's) that wasn't variable airflow. Never had any trouble with them. You should try a better tank, I'm really loving my Crown tanks right now. Top fill (that actually works well), super easy to take apart, awesome airflow adjustment, comes with a lot of replacement pieces, not all that pricey,

Threading issues are going to most likely be eLeaf issues. Terrible stuff. It's worth it to but something better. I use an IPV D2 on occasion, and that thing does temp control while being pretty small, and is pretty freaking cheap. I'm also not worried about it burning down my house.

You can get an IPV D2 and a Crown tank for maybe $70 shipped. It's worth it for temp control and not safety. Once you go temp control you won't go back.

So glad you found vaping!

-----

I use a Vaporshark DNA200 with either the aforementioned UC Crown tank or a Kayfun V4 usually with a ni200 coil (not hard to build a Kayfun) and I put in the bigger airflow kit. Best vape I've ever had, tons of flavor.

I'm really liking Immortal Fog Awakening, anything from Cloud Alchemist, and I've been on a Pinky Swear kick.

My favorite thing about vaping is probably that I don't smell like crap anymore. I was always really self conscious about reeking of smoke. Health benefits have been good, blood pressure is down, feel less winded, I don't cough anymore, and those are just the initial ones, long term I know I've made a good choice. I've spent a TON on vaping stuff, but I'm saving an insane amount now. I didn't know what I was doing at first, and also treated it like a hobby so I was probably a few thousand in. So a pack a day @ $10 a pack (and that's on the light side) is $3,640 a year. Now I spend probably $30 a week, so $1560 a year. I'm guessing I've saved at this point, but also gained a ton of benefits and by next year will have saved a few thousand, if I'm still vaping (getting closer to stopping).

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Max_TO

We also both like Sugar Cookie from Cuttwood. Ill order a batch order of 2 bottles of it, and 2 bottles of Unicorn Milk for a friend.

I was at my local vape shop yesterday and I was angered to find they stopped selling Steam Junk Kickin cola, but gave me the contact info of the guy that makes it. I remember you mentioning Cutwood. I couldn't remember what flavor. They had a good selection of that brand and I chose Mega Melons. I am not too big on the fruit flavors...but this is good! Not overly sweet and it;s a smooth vape.

edit on 12-2-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Quit smoking and started vaping in October, 2012. My favorite flavor is Kickin Cola by Steam Junk, 16 mg nicotine (staryed at 32 mg), hi VG.

Wat! Man I smoked American Spirit light blues in one drag and dropped from 24mg in a couple of weeks. I'm surprised you're still at 16 after 4 years.

I'd really recommend staying away from eLeaf anything. Terrible track record. I really liked mine, but it started auto firing and I was done.

I started avoiding tanks with a variable airflow twist thing, usually don't work well. As long as I change coils often enough, $16 tanks are fine.

I've never owned a tank (aside from my SvoeMesto's) that wasn't variable airflow. Never had any trouble with them. You should try a better tank, I'm really loving my Crown tanks right now. Top fill (that actually works well), super easy to take apart, awesome airflow adjustment, comes with a lot of replacement pieces, not all that pricey,

Threading issues are going to most likely be eLeaf issues. Terrible stuff. It's worth it to but something better. I use an IPV D2 on occasion, and that thing does temp control while being pretty small, and is pretty freaking cheap. I'm also not worried about it burning down my house.

You can get an IPV D2 and a Crown tank for maybe $70 shipped. It's worth it for temp control and not safety. Once you go temp control you won't go back.

So glad you found vaping!

-----

I use a Vaporshark DNA200 with either the aforementioned UC Crown tank or a Kayfun V4 usually with a ni200 coil (not hard to build a Kayfun) and I put in the bigger airflow kit. Best vape I've ever had, tons of flavor.

I'm really liking Immortal Fog Awakening, anything from Cloud Alchemist, and I've been on a Pinky Swear kick.

My favorite thing about vaping is probably that I don't smell like crap anymore. I was always really self conscious about reeking of smoke. Health benefits have been good, blood pressure is down, feel less winded, I don't cough anymore, and those are just the initial ones, long term I know I've made a good choice. I've spent a TON on vaping stuff, but I'm saving an insane amount now. I didn't know what I was doing at first, and also treated it like a hobby so I was probably a few thousand in. So a pack a day @ $10 a pack (and that's on the light side) is $3,640 a year. Now I spend probably $30 a week, so $1560 a year. I'm guessing I've saved at this point, but also gained a ton of benefits and by next year will have saved a few thousand, if I'm still vaping (getting closer to stopping).

I have 2 eleaf isticks, both work just fine. Have had longer than any other batt. I will look at crown

That Crown tank looks exactly like a kanger Aerotank, the one I was really disappointed by after looking at online reviews and spending more than I normally would.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join