It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Dreams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Last night I had a very disturbing dream: I'm at the muddy shoreline of a murky pond/lake with an old friend, when I look around and see some raggedy clothing protruding out of the dirt. I immediately realize (in my dream) that I buried a dead body there many years ago and had somehow forgotten all about it. I inform my friend (who's an old friend in real life) that I'm dangerously close to being caught and need to get outta there. We hop into a row boat and head to the opposite shore. While rowing, I very vividly see two more dead, decaying bodies just below the surface and I come to the horrible realization that I've killed 3 people, did a poor job of disposing of the bodies, and managed to make myself forget all about it. When we made it to shore, some type of law enforcement lady was waiting for us and questioned us as to what we were up to. We managed to get away from her and my friend drove me away in his truck. On the drive, I told him I don't remember ever killing anyone, how could I have forgotten such a thing. He basically said that 13 years ago, I killed 4 people and he helped me dispose of the bodies because I helped him dispose of a body once before. He then proceeded to take me to another dead body burial site. All the while, I have a horrific fear of getting caught and I know the authorities are suspicious and about to catch me. I never actually realize who the bodies were, or why or how I killed them. Just as my fear was turning into terror, I slowly begin to wake up. In that dreamy, half awake state, I start to regain consciousness but for several moments, I laid there, trying to remember if I actually ever killed anyone. After what seemed like a couple minutes, I finally realize it was a dream and feel the biggest sense of relief. It was 3:11 am when I awoke and I couldnt fall back asleep for 2 hours. That dream troubled me like no other nightmare I've ever had. I'm a nonviolent person and would never think of doing such a thing. I don't play video games or watch a ton of movies, so I just don't know where this comes from. This has actually been a recurring theme, as Ive had several similar dreams in the past. The feeling I get when I wake up is very troubling and it stays with me for awhile. Basically, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar dreams or if i'm going crazy or possessed by demons or what. Kinda kidding about the demons, although I'm open to any interpretations or ideas. Would appreciate any input, opinions or advice. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

I have stuff like that from time to time. I always wind up waking up around 3 am. I'm convinced they are demon related. If I can remember to take control and pray in my dreams, I can break the influence, but realizing its a dream is not easy.

I have awoken trying to remember where I am, who I am, whether or not the events in my dreams were memories, and on a few occasions I've awoken with lingering phantom pains.

I've even left my body on several occasions. Its a struggle for me when it happens. The only thing that helps me is prayer and consistent bible study.
edit on 6-2-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest
Thank you for your reply, it's much appreciated. Although, i'm very concerned to consider that demons could be intruding into my dreams. It's very interesting to hear someone else has had this sort of dream. That half awake period was the weirdest part because I couldnt remember who I was or whether that dream was reality. Out of body sounds like a crazy experience, not sure how I'd feel about that. I never used to believe in demons but ive been reading about them a lot lately. I sure hope I don't have any messing with me. Coincidentally, I visited my moms house the other day and grabbed the bible I was given on my 5th birthday. I randomly felt the urge to read a bit of it, which was not normal for me.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Seeing that you have had recurring themes of this type of dream may mean that it is your subconscious trying to tell you something. Like, in real life, have you and this friend maybe wronged some people somehow? Maybe it is guilt of something that is haunting you. Or...perhaps it is a past life memory. Or... heck, I don't know. I'm just guessing.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Night StarThank you for taking the time to read and reply, I value getting other perspectives on this because it disturbed me so deeply. I've been thinking about it all day and usually I don't remember dreams. This one was......different. In many ways. I don't think it has anything to do with my friend. I haven't seen him in over 10 years but he is a great guy and never harmed or did anything shady to anyone. Interesting you should mention a past life possibility, as I had pondered this as well. Appreciate the feedback, thanks for not thinking I'm a psychopath. Or if you do, thanks for not saying so. lol
The guilt thing sounds like the most likely and I have a fair bit of that, I suppose

edit on 6-2-2016 by Tuomptonite because: edit

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I've had "evil dreams" from time to time, similar to what you described. I don't know what the explanation is for them, but there is a part of me that feels they tie in with a past life or my existence in an alternative dimension where I did something bad and regret it. The feeling of "relief" when you realise it was "only a dream" is indescribable. That's how strong the feeling of guilt is.

edit on 6/2/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost exactly! I cannot describe how relieved I was when finally realizing it was all a dream. There is just something really dark and eerie about this dream that I can't quite put my finger on. Usually, I wake quickly and forget all about my dreams. This time was spooky, as I almost felt paralyzed for several minutes before I finally came to. Strange stuff. Good to know I'm not the only one who has dreams like this.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I would absolutely STOP reading about demons. I would bet money that is exactly what triggered this surge of 'evil dreams'.

Reading the Bible is good, but what's most important is faith in Christ (who died for our sins) and guided study (under a pastor).

I hope the dreams stop. Nothing worse than resenting sleep.
edit on 6-2-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Pardon me,im still only half awake,i wrote a longer reply but it got wiped, as often happens from these "smart phones"
now There's a giggle. The village idiot seems like Stephen Hawking in comparison many times!

Anyway, what i wanted to ask, what occured to me- could it be that when you " left the nest" your family made you feel guilty for leaving the fold? Could it be that you feel that there are people you feel you abandoned? You know that old cliche "It's killing your mom/ dad that you almost never visit"

Do you maybe feel that there are promises and duties you reneged upon, or that you " left behind," left for dead" some family/ friends in unpleasant/ "dirty murky messy " situations and circumstances?

If its personal don' t bother replying, it was just a thought that occurred to me+as i said, im still only half awake

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Pray. Say Jesus. Works for me whenever this stuff happens.

The hard part is remembering. For me, at least. My mind seems so muddled during these types of nightmares/attacks in my dreams. I'm a horrible and violent sometimes in my dreams but are you sure it's you in the dream or is it that you're seeing through someone else's eyes? I know what you mean by not recognizing your dream self. I'm barely myself at all during these messed-up dreams, so remembering what to do is often a task. Basically, you have to calm down. Just don't be scared. You can die in dreams, and it can hurt, and it is certainly scary, but it's not happening. You're not actually being hurt at all. Laugh at it. Be defiant. Don't give in to the fear. Don't let it win. Be happy. Smile. Fight it. If you get thrown off a cliff, before you reach the bottom, jump! And fly! Change the fear into fun! Change the bottom of the cliff into a feather bed
Or wake yourself up. Find a clock in the dream. when it is all wrong, you will realize it is a dream, then keep saying wake up and close your eyes in the dream. It works.
Good luck. I'm sorry this is happening to you.

There is nothing to be frightened of.
You're going to be okay.
edit on 6-2-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This is weird. I too have had these disturbing dreams where I have murdered people and buried them in my backyard. Only when the house is sold and I see the new owners digging up the back yard for a veggie patch do I suddenly realize that the bodies may be found.
Is this some EMF intrusion/programming?
Anyway I was certain that these thoughts were not mine and I built a Faraday Cage about 6 months ago.
No more nasty dreams, no more restless nights, no more drowsy confusion upon awakening, it really has changed my life.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Dreams can be fun. Sometimes they can 'seem' so surreal you believe them momentarily after you've woken up from them. I've seen 'recently' Satan twice in my dreams i usually just tell him to bugger off, I've seen Christ as well, along with Genie's granting me wishes and becoming confused when i tell them i just want 'off this planet'.

Dreams are here to occupy our minds. The best dreams ever are Lucid Dreams. But remember, however real they seem, they're just that, dreams. In the end, they can do nothing. There are some people who dream of coming disaster because their subconscious becomes aware of something while they are asleep. Enjoy them, but don't get caught up in them.
edit on 2/6/2016 by awareness10 because: Dreams

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane
wow, this is actually quite accurate and something I had not considered. I guess I might have been taking the dream too literally and perhaps its more metaphorical, like you suggest. Its a long story but I haven't kept in touch with a certain family member for a very long time. Thank you for your very thoughtful reply, its really got me thinking. I really do need to do a much better job nurturing certain relationships in my life, so I thank you for reminding me. Good stuff!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Hii,so glad i could be of any help! It's just what jumped into my mind from reading about your dream. Maybe because i am a mother,and i have always had issues with family,since early childhood up to present day. Family is The most important thing in the world to me. Plus i was hardly awake and maybe that helped cause i was'nt over-thinking it too much,i just went with my first "impressions"

Bless you and yours
Rax

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Now2016 dang, you built a Faraday cage? You don't mess around, do you? That is impressive and I would like to hear more about the circumstances that led you to the decision to build such a thing. You should make a thread about it as I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in that. I hadn't given any thought into EMF intrusion but it is definitely worth considering. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your thoughts.

edit on 6-2-2016 by Tuomptonite because: edit

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Now2016

This is Really interesting,thanks for posting. My husband is not very handy with his hands,except for his own job, so i doubt he could do this. BUT what i have noticed,when i leave my cell in the wardrobe at night behind a closed door,meters from my bed,i do tend to get a better quality of sleep than when it's close to my bed

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane your post hit so close to home, I was going to ask if you were psychic or something but wasn't sure if that was a rude thing to ask. I suppose i'm not unique in the fact that I haven't always been the greatest at keeping in touch with loved ones but your words did seem very personalized for me and my situation. I really need to get over some weirdness and reach out to a loved one today. Thanks again for taking the time to read and reply, I'm truly grateful.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Do you feel guilty about things you've done in the past?

Have you had any recent conversations with friends who have such feelings?

Did you watch anything online or on TV about the idea of suddenly remembering something bad?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Hi,about being psychic no worries it's not an insult-i tend to get some insights sometimes. I think i'm more of what people would call an empath.Some ideas just come,sometimes they're correct. Just really glad i could be of help,Blessings,nice weekend
!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The 3:11 thing is weird. I used to have recurring sleep paralysis and that would be the time I'd either wake up for real or I'd think I was awake in the dream and see it. I don't know what the significance of that time is though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join