It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: The Force awakings... Damn I fell asleep.. Really!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I heartily recommend the Star Wars franchise.

As a cure for insomnia.

Even better is The Blair Witch Project.

So much hype with that one; I persevered 7 or 8 times and slept like a babe every time.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Interestingly, I just watched The Force Awakens for the first time last night while taking 3 kids who hadn't seen it yet.

I did not fall asleep. I hated it. I wished it would end.

Granted, I'm not a big fan of the SW series. I did see the originals in the theater when I was little and liked them.

The best way I can explain it is this was just a mishmash of at least a hundred plot holes all clamored together to make a very generic action sci-fi film that lacked substance.

Every few moments in the movie I was thinking "Huh?" to myself as they breezed into the next frame without explanation or making sense.

Not going into detail. I'm sure that's out there. Biggest plot holes/bad points for me:

1. Finn and Rey's instantaneous loving bonding - heck - ALL the instant bonds made in the film. They meet and are suddenly like the best friends ever! Or more!

2. Rey. Such a pretty girl with perfect makeup after spending a lifetime scavenging on a desert planet seamlessly mastering fighting skills, then piloting skills, then Jedi skills on the... same day? Time in this movie is awful btw.

3. Kylo Ren:
A. looks nothing whatsoever like his parents. This bothered me greatly.
B. Has no reason to be the whiny douche he's become. Any child of Han(good, cavalier, heroic, badass Dad) and Leia(good, noble, fair, tragic background, well versed in politics) just isn't going to be like that. It doesn't make sense.
C. Acted TERRIBLY. Pivotal scene was without feeling due to 0 background. Mask was cheap looking. Sucked in general.

4. Everything just works out so darn well! Scene after scene of brief and imminent dangers solved immediately because reasons.

I could go on. I won't.
There's no topping how bad the middle trilogy was. But this movie sucked BIG time for me.
edit on 6-2-2016 by gottaknow because: Fixing word repetition cuz that bugs me.

edit on 6-2-2016 by gottaknow because: Bold for effect.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's okay burgh, I fell asleep too. Same part as you. Only for a couple of minutes, though. It wasn't ultra hd, just a theater with comfy seats and decent beer on tap. And I worked from 3 am through 9am and saw the movie at 1 pm. My gf said I didn't miss much, and the people next to us got a great laugh watching me nod out during Star Wars of all movies!
It did plod on for me. Maybe I was just too tired, maybe my 40 year old self can't appreciate it like my seven year old self re-enacting scenes from Empire with my Kenner figures...I'll give it another chance in my home. With even better beer.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I wasn't working. But I think I realise now what the issue is for me.
There were local ads playing on the Big screens. Not the still photo ads. Like real TV comercials.
Then comercials for for TV shows..
Then the usual Trailers. Then we were ask to Don the 3d glasses and we're subject to 10 minutes of how it works. I didn't care how it worked, I only care it works.

After 25 minutes of all this nonsense. My brain was exhausted. So I feel that was a big player in my falling asleep.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Woodwardjnr And to Valiant.
I have my theatre system. It's set how I like it. Most agreed. I should be patient and wait to see it at home as intended for me.
edit on 6-2-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

So i'my not the only one.😴

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Lol. I assure you I did not see enough to draw a conclusion on how bad the plot might have been.
I know I paid $27.00 more than I should have.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

😴...😁
The way you describe it with the nice seating and a beer. I drank coffee. Lots of coffee. I should have been awake at some point to use the restroom. But I didnt. πŸ˜†

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: the owlbear

😴...😁
The way you describe it with the nice seating and a beer. I drank coffee. Lots of coffee. I should have been awake at some point to use the restroom. But I didnt. πŸ˜†

Oh I went to the restroom as well about ten minutes before I went night night.
It's the only theater I go to now. There are 18+ showings of movies like Star Wars so no screaming kids.
And I hit the pub for a half pound burger and a pint to Pregame for SW.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I had high expectations... just like the new x-files episodes. Fortunately there will be an other star wars next year. I hope they will make it anm exciti9ng one...

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
After reading the posts it seems that while it wasnt a bad movie, it may not have been up to the original series but better than the middle trillogy. To some the force simply awakened them to the end credits with an usher poking them with a flash light saying the movies over you can't sleep here we have another showing to put the next half filled cinema to sleep.

I saw it not because im a huge star wars fan, i was more interested in how Disney would handle such a huge franchise that wasn't their own - glad to see they did okay in all fairness.

The next star wars movies, i too might just wait for the dvd/blu ray and spend one cinema ticket price on the dvd/bluray and watch it at my pleasure with my family instead.

edit on b0303350 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Op you did not fall asleep, ohh no you just entered a hypnotic trance after listening to the voice of Han Solo.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join