It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton's Unclassified Emails About Fukushima...(Why does anyone trust the US government?)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I don't understand why peoples are freaking so much about radiations and rely on rumours and lies about the state of the contamination around themself.

Here is a nice Geiger counter I have procured myself. I now check everything.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: Profusion

I know there are many people who claim they will leave the country if so and so is elected and it's usually just big talk.

If Clinton gets elected I will very seriously consider leaving this country. If she is elected it says a great deal about this country. There isn't any question that she is rotten to the core, how is she even a contender? It's insanity.

I share your sentiment and can't believe the media and orchestrators are able to effectively confuse everyone with smoke and mirrors into thinking Clinton is a viable candidate for POTUS. It's absolute insanity.

Thanks for the heads up on staying indoors Hill - NOT. Another fail as Secretary of State and another fail for the terrible human being that is her.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

silly arse comment. Even if that is a geiger counter, you can't check food unless you dehydrate it. You won't know it you are detecting natural potassium or other stuff, and you can't detect Alpha.

Pretending that a silly cheaply made "geiger counter" is enough to protect yourself is a non service. The point is that we need to stop making more radiation.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

LOL, typical nukist lie, with a twist. The old lie was if you don't promote nuclear you will be in the cold and dark.

The new lie is " you will be without internet" horrors!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

200,000 pounds of radioactive material were aerosolized as shown by EPA air sampling devices throughout the Pacific basin.

USA took more of a radiation hit than most of Japan.

Proof is here, use facts, they help.

nukeprofessional.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The single email that you refer to does not invalidate the main point, READ THE OTHERS and the summary.

Hillary knew of the risks and actions to take
Was pressured to go to Japan on a PR trip
Decided to get a deal out of Japan in exchange for accepting their contaminated food trade
Covered up all subsequent email after she decided what to do with the trip to Japan

stock out

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Anything reported by enenews has to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

The site is extremely anti-nuclear biased and had a rabid fanatical base of posters who all believe we died years ago from the fallout from Fukushima.

The only thing you can trust from that site is something that links back to a reputable source.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stock

utter bollox

that site needs renaming - nuke cockwombles would be more appropriate

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: stock

200,000 pounds of radioactive material were aerosolized as shown by EPA air sampling devices throughout the Pacific basin.

USA took more of a radiation hit than most of Japan.

Proof is here, use facts, they help.

nukeprofessional.blogspot.com...

Might want to state that that is your own personal website/blog and that you track visitor's IP addresses. Some people don't care for that.

Also add that you are the solar power industry and that you are heavily biased against nuclear power.
edit on R322016-02-10T16:32:54-06:00k322Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

In this particular case, enenews is correct that Aersolized plutonium was measured in Europe:

The activity concentration of 239,240Pu in one aerosol sample collected from 23 March to 15 April, 2011 was found to be 44.5 nBq/m3.

The activity ratio of 238Pu/239,240Pu in the aerosol sample was 1.2, indicating a presence of the spent fuel of different origin than that of the Chernobyl accident.

Radionuclides from the Fukushima accident in the air over Lithuania: measurement and modelling approaches

It's paywalled, but the above can be gleaned from the abstract; which is what the article at enenews is based upon.

I too am leery of enenews in general, but I will do my best to track down original source material when possible.

I think what happened at reactor 3 was the mother of all steam explosions when the superheated core slumped into the seawater-flooded basement which then blew out the top of the reactor like a cannon.

In fact, that particular explosion was originally thought to be another aftershock of the 9.1 but then was determined to the be the explosion of reactor 3 instead. I think it was estimated at around 5.1 - 5.3 Mw equivalent in range. I could go dig up to conversation with TA and some of the other quake people in the older threads if you'd like.

Reactor 1 was a hydrogen explosion, you could clearly see a spherical shockwave, but reactor 3 was a different beast altogether. I don't think it went supercritical, but the steam explosion would have packed enough of a wallop to aersolize the fuel rods, or at least a decent percentage of them. I can go dig up the DOE study I found and posted supporting that in the original mega-thread if you'd like me to do that for you, but I think you know I'm right.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Not doubting that at all.

I just have a problem with people who claim to be a anti-nuclear activist who also make a living selling solar power to people. A so called anti-nuclear "activist" who preys upon other peoples fears about nuclear radiation for profit is not really an activist at all... but something else altogether.

Feel free to check their post history on enenews.com.. it's available for anyone to check.

edit on R202016-02-10T21:20:24-06:00k202Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Sad that ATS is now home to many such cretinic troll like you.

If you would know anything about what you are spitting by your orifice, you would know that mostly everything that is radioactive will emit also some gamma rays that are detectable using a Geiger counter.

Potassium present in a can of NoSalt I have here is detectable by it's hard beta emission.
"About 10.72% of the time it decays to argon-40 (40Ar) by electron capture, with the emission of a 1.460 MeV gamma ray".
Simple minded person like you will never understand past simplistic first order approximation...
Oh and 40K is NOT and alpha emitter!

FYI, the gold standard for food analysis is liquid phase scintillation and not dehydratation.

ETA: On re-reading myself, not sure I made myself clear.

A can of NoSalt is detectable by its hard beta and gamma but such a can of concentrated potassium does not produce very strong reading above normal background. Even big shelves at the grocery full of banana hardly register.

I don't expect your normal food to be that rich in potassium, if that so expect some cardiac problem...

My point is dangerously contaminated food will show much higher activity than normal background, INCLUDING presence of natural 40K. A couple atoms of radionucleides like cesium here and there are not very harmfull.

I have here natural low activity Uranite and it is registering A LOT HIGHER than natural background, a strong indication that it would not be a good thing to eat.

edit on 2016-2-11 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Karma and irony, hand in hand.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Ah, I see the nuke cartel sends it's minions to ATS also. How sad are those who kill to promote an industry.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

What a lame and incorrect response. effen nuke troll....again my comment stemmed from you attempting to minimize the danger of radiation by pretending that some hokey looking "geiger counter" is all you need to protect yourself.

shame shame on the nukists

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Ah, that classic, attack the person and not the argument. Interesting that you know so much about me after 1 short article. hmmmm

you got the nuke promoter dossier so quick, or had it already......hmmmm

paid activists should not be allowed here.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: stock

Ah, that classic, attack the person and not the argument. Interesting that you know so much about me after 1 short article. hmmmm

you got the nuke promoter dossier so quick, or had it already......hmmmm

paid activists should not be allowed here.

Why would you assume I am a paid activist? Anyone who disagrees with you is a paid activist?

The only paid activist I see here is someone who makes a living selling solar power trying to scare people about nuclear radiation.

"you got the nuke promoter dossier so quick, or had it already......hmmmm"

What is a nuke promoter dossier? Can I buy one at my local book store???
edit on R262016-02-13T16:26:58-06:00k262Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

It is you the troll trying to scare people that there is radiation everywhere and then benefit from solar tech.

From where did you see I'm attempting to minimize the danger of nuclear radiation? If this is what come out of my message, it is not the case. Probably a figure of speech you did not undertood.

AFAIK "cheap" Geiger counters were very usefull for peoples living around affected zone of Chernobyl. Most poor peoples who cannot afford such device were incapable to tell good food from bad food grown in contaminated area when buying food.

My point is it is better to have a detection device, even if it is a cheap one, but still catching most problem, than having nothing because you cannot affort a scintillation device costing in the thousands that will catch everything, even if it is below the background...

Remember the multiples contamination incident where unsuspecting scrapper/scavenger got material coming from scrapped radiation therapy machine? Are your miraculous solar panels able to treat cancer patients or do we still need those machines? Even with control, the fact is there will alway be some of these materials coming into unsuspecting hands.

Like the September 13, 1987 Goiânia accident where caesium-137 was dispersed as a glowing curiosity. Two hundred and fifty persons were contaminated; four died. My "flimsy" and "cheap" Geiger counter would have detected it NO PROBLEM !!!

The fact is nuclear radiation are invisible, and I better have something in hand to detect it, even if it is not the big "kit" like in your dream.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Gothmog

We have private companies that are keeping an eye out. I don't believe the people on the coast are relying on government info.

Really?

Perhaps you can share some of that info, please?

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds

What info? You don't think that say UCLA is studying the coastal waters? There's also a California State Maritime academy and they probably have some interest in the water conditions. What I'm saying is that California is not depending on the US gov to provide studies and monitoring. There are plenty of private organizations that want to know first hand what's going on and they would scream loudly if our waters were contaminated.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join