It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton's Unclassified Emails About Fukushima...(Why does anyone trust the US government?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

So neither of them were actually in Japan? And the email was forwarded, so it was presumably not "inside information."

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I don't know as I do not have the travel itineraries for them at that time, do you?

Can you say for certain that neither of them (or it could be another Martin Edelman, the two linked were just two that I found after a cursory search and both are in fields of study which would give them the knowledge base to be able t have penned the original email) were in Japan at the time?

Why are you so quick to trust the government?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I don't even see this as being connected with the government; Clinton was using her private email for government business, remember? This could be a private email that someone forwarded because she knew Clinton might have been considering going to Japan. Why are you so quick to assume it is government dirty business?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Looking a bit closer, the originator of the warnings is actually one "Mitch Murata," who is mentioned in the following document:

Another friend, Tokyo-based management consultant Mitch Murata, advised me to get my hands on K1 (potassium iodide pills) and to buy a related list of items in the event iodine-131 makes an appearance.

TSUNAMI JAPAN’S POST-FUKUSHIMA FUTURE ESSAYS ON THE MANY AFTERSHOCKS OF JAPAN’S NUCLEAR NIGHTMARE. EDITED BY JEFF KINGSTON (direct .pdf link)

Michael Kandarakis sent this to the aforementioned Edelman, who then sent it on to Cheryl Mills. Mills, sent it from her [email protected] address to "H" (Hillary), as to what makes me think that this is more than just 'private information' being shared?

Let's take a look at a little more of what Murata (who was in Japan at the time) had to say about the situation:

Leak has been doing since last night. It is still not under control. A US team was flown in to help get this thing under control, but that is not public record yet. It will come out later, I think.

Anway, leak from last night means it is hitting us about now. I am not going outdoors for a while.
Normally one might also take K-I (Potassium Iodine) tablets as a precautionary measure. Substitutes include alternative
sources of iodine including isojin or consuming seaweed (nori).

Wear a mask, and a hat if possible. Take a shower immediately after you return home and wash your clothes. Radioactive
steam was released yesterday and continues today. It will likely be in the area now. What I suggest above is not costly, and
not too onerous. Do it and play it safe.

Don't go outdoors unless it is necessary.
all emphases mine

Hillary email @ Cryptome (direct .pdf link)

Any information that is "not public record," at least to my mind, is therefore "inside information."

All the while we were being fed baseless reassurances that there was no danger at all.
edit on 6-2-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: Profusion

Yeah, they lied about it. On the flipside just imagine the panic and chaos that would've ensued after an announcement of this type...?

And we wonder why we have a nation of puzzies. Lying is now PC to prevent dealing with reality. Gooooood! /sarc

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

That email should ring bells.

It says:

"— Declassify on: 03/12/2031"

We should all trust our government.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

How does a blogspot prove the content of any emails? What does that silly chart show? Someone's dream? How about a copy of the actual email to read? It is available right?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I would also like to make special mention to point out the date this email was sent:

Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2011 06:5 AM
To: Edelman, Martin
Subject: FW: radiation - fyi

From the timeline of events:

Friday, 11 March

19:03: Prime Minister Naoto Kan declares a nuclear emergency status[18] announced by Yukio Edano, Chief Cabinet officer in Japan. Japanese government officials try to comfort the people of Japan by telling them that the proper procedures are being undertaken. They also announce that no radioactive leaks have been detected.[15]

Wiki

Once more from the email:

Leak has been doing since last night. It is still not under control. A US team was flown in to help get this thing under control, but that is not public record yet. It will come out later, I think.

Does anyone see any discrepancies there?

There was radiation detected outside of containment prior to the tsunami arriving at the plant:

Bloomberg reports that a radiation alarm inside Unit 1 went off before the tsunami even arrived, indicating coolant already had been lost and fuel melting had begun.

A radiation monitoring post on the perimeter of the Daiichi plant about 1.5 kilometers from the No. 1 reactor went off at 3:29 p.m., minutes before the station was overwhelmed by the tsunami that knocked out backup power that kept reactor cooling systems running, according to documents supplied by the company. The monitor was set to go off at high levels of radiation, an official said.

THREE MELTDOWNS AT FUKUSHIMA; EVIDENCE OF SEVERE DAMAGE BEFORE TSUNAMI HIT REACTORS (direct .pdf link)

They knew within moments what was released and where:

Magna’s head, Haim Siboni, said the thermal cameras also have the ability to detect the presence of radioactive clouds in the air. “Using these special cameras, we can also identify radioactive clouds, due to the spectrum that our cameras can sense,” Siboni said.

Israeli Firm’s Surveillance Cameras Watch Damaged Nuclear Core

It is quite clear to me that much more was known by government officials than was told to the public.

And so I am lead to conclude that the government is nothing but dirty business.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

But five years later the radiation should be here by now yes?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

How does a blogspot prove the content of any emails? What does that silly chart show? Someone's dream? How about a copy of the actual email to read? It is available right?

Here you go

I've linked it before, but here it is just for you.

Need someone to read it aloud to you as well?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

But an oncologist? Because they treat cancer with radiation?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

But five years later the radiation should be here by now yes?

I hope that statement was a well-lain sarcasm trap and I am falling face first into it...Remember Chernobyl ? (crap , I spelled that right from memory) High radiation content that is still there , how many years later ? Today still a bleak barren wasteland that people cannot live in or even near . How long is the half-life (no , not the game) of uranium , plutonium ? Thats the measure. Only after that point does the radioactive material become inert.Oops , should say begins to become inert.

edit on 6-2-2016 by Gothmog because: correction

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

No I can read thanks. Why say that?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

And in case somebody is doubting the source, here it is from the State Department ...

C05780602

and all of them are searchable ....Clinton_email

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Where did you get that? I just want to see it at a verifiable source instead of a PDF. Don't take offense I'm just being cautious. I'm not saying it's not real.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why is everything in PDF form? Isn't there a link to this within the government ?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It has been here:

For the emissions of radionuclides from the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant (FD-NPP) accident in March 2011, there is direct evidence that the 137Cs was attached to aerosols in the size range 0.1–2 µm diameter, identical to that of simultaneously measured sulfate aerosols.

In this well-mixed case the different temporal shape in the emissions of 137Cs and 133Xe gets less important. Figure 4a shows that τa = 14.3 days (C.I. 13.0–15.9 days) and τω = 12.9 days (C.I. 12.1–13.7 days) are obtained.

Atmospheric removal times of the aerosol-bound radionuclides 137Cs and 131I measured after the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear accident – a constraint for air quality and climate models (direct .pdf link)

And continues to this day:

“These new data are important for two reasons,” said Ken Buesseler, director of the Woods Hole Center for Marine and Environmental Radioactivity. “First, despite the fact that the levels of contamination off our shores remain well below government-established safety limits (1) for human health or to marine life, the changing values underscore the need to more closely monitor contamination levels across the Pacific. Second, these long-lived radioisotopes will serve as markers for years to come for scientists studying ocean currents and mixing in coastal and offshore waters.”

Though better contained today, the Fukushima plant continues to leak radioactive material into the ocean. (2) Concentrations off the coast of Japan are 10 to 100 times higher than those off the U.S. coast.

“Levels today off Japan are thousands of times lower than during the peak releases in 2011. That said, finding values that are still elevated off Fukushima confirms that there is continued release from the plant,” (2) explained Buesseler.

(1) LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Let me rephrase that:

ROFLMMFAO!

(2) Any questions?
edit on 6-2-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed tag

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Why is everything in PDF form? Isn't there a link to this within the government ?

The State Department website where all the emails are filed ..... wait for it ....

IS within the government

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Sure I remember Chernobyl I was around when it happened. However what has that to do with radiation on the west coasts or in Alaska or Hawaii? We have private companies that are keeping an eye out. I don't believe the people on the coast are relying on government info.
Anyway I'm not sure if the topic is emails or radiation that has infiltrated the country so I'm backing out of the thread.
Thanks for the info.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Yeah, can't get much more "from the horses mouth" than this without having the actual email forwarded to one's own email address.

Of course, I'm not looking at the registration date of this poster...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join