It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Soldier begging for dog food for deployed dogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Bomb sniffing dogs that are deployed in Iraq are starving and need the public's help; the dogs belong to the military police which use them for bomb sniffing and other tasks. The dogs do not have enough food because it is difficult to purchase, and the dogs are eating garbage and scraps. Some have already died and have gotten sick due to starvation. A soldier wrote an email to try and let people know that the dogs need help with food. The dogs are part of the 313th military police detachment,many people have donated money to try and help the dogs out. To ship a 30lb bag of food will cost about 50 dollars. The Las Vegas humane society is accepting any donations from anybody and for however much to help the dogs get fed.

www.cnn.com
The response to the canine crisis has been overwhelming: Offers of help poured in from New Hampshire, Florida, Texas, Ohio and New York. One sports gambling handicapper alone ponied up $5,000.

The Las Vegas Valley Humane Society is now trying to find a way to ship pallets of dry dog food to Iraq to feed the 12 undernourished German shepherds and one black Labrador retriever at the Iraqi Police Academy.

The appeal to help feed the Iraqi dogs also has a human benefit. After all, having healthy Iraqi bomb-sniffing dogs translates into safer U.S. troops.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The dogs need help and cant help themselves so they will rely on the people to help them with whatever they can so that they can eat i would like to see some members chip in if they can because anything will be a help to them. Im writing out a check tommorow toward this cause due to the fact that it breaks my heart that this has to happen and people need to react and get the dogs fed so thatboth the troops and the dogs will be safe and hqppy.

Related News Links:
www.signonsandiego.com
www.lasvegassun.com
www.helenair.com
www.azcentral.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Soldier begging for dog food for deployed dogs

[edit on 9-1-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
These are the Iraqis dogs not the US troops dogs. It is still sad however.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
considering dogs are deemed dirty in islam, i doubt the dogs are the for any other reason then to help the US... so what good does pointing out the dogs are under control of the iraqis....

I wish the US would start sending all the dumb patriots to Iraq instead of the young kids being sent, i mean id even pay to have some1 like you sent to iraq if i could :/

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Things like this seem awful strange to me.

Why not kill a camel or goat and just feed them? Why 'dry dog food?' This whole thing smacks of some kind of stunt. With near 150,000 dead and thousands upon thousands of humans starving some K-9 cop sends out urgent pleas for pet food?

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by P Amaru
considering dogs are deemed dirty in islam, i doubt the dogs are the for any other reason then to help the US... so what good does pointing out the dogs are under control of the iraqis....

I wish the US would start sending all the dumb patriots to Iraq instead of the young kids being sent, i mean id even pay to have some1 like you sent to iraq if i could :/

The reason for piinting it out is because its true. The dogs are being used by the Iraqis. Nowhere in any of the articles does it say differently. The US dogs generally eat as well as or better than the human troops.

As for the other part of your statement, what exactly is someone like me?
Someone who points out an error in a reported piece. If he had included an article with any sort of mention that the dogs were part of the US forces, I wouldn't have been able to say they weren't US dogs. But all the articles say clearly the dogs are used by the Iraqis.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

Originally posted by P Amaru

The reason for piinting it out is because its true. The dogs are being used by the Iraqis. Nowhere in any of the articles does it say differently. The US dogs generally eat as well as or better than the human troops.

As for the other part of your statement, what exactly is someone like me?
Someone who points out an error in a reported piece. If he had included an article with any sort of mention that the dogs were part of the US forces, I wouldn't have been able to say they weren't US dogs. But all the articles say clearly the dogs are used by the Iraqis.

Well considering the only reason the dogs are needed is because of your countries illegal crusade (and murder of thousands of innocent). So if it wasnt for your arms forces needing to hide behind untrained iraqis rather then risking there own health...

new topics

top topics

join